TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising, an 8 mission set for Thief DS - 21/04/2012

Adsk1:

Yes, I extracted the T3main.exe from GL into TDS\system, replacing the one which was already there. I'm sorry - it still does not work with those objectives.
    But that's not so tragic as I now have all texts in the readables, the briefings, etc. So I am mostly able to guess what I need to do.

greetings
    urumo

help on mission 3

Things have become pretty nasty in this mission, theres a guy in the auction display room in panic, so i left him for a while in the hope he would calm down and explored other areas, when returning to the auction display room i still find the guy in panic, so i snuk upon him and made a grab, stole his key, however i cant blackjack him, and everytime i go to the display coffins he sees me and the mission fails, is there a way to make him go away? or do i have to restart the mission? i dont want to replay this mission after all the work i had to progress in this mission ... Also anyone knows the buttons sequence in the lecture room? in this room i jump to the chandliers with candles, guess what happened the chandliers? they fell to the ground but the candle flames remain in air , in the basement while grabing a cup from one of the safe rooms the game crashed ...Im not enjoying much the gameplay of this mission, it lacks action, and since im playing on easy mode i feel that the challenge is unfair for this difficult mode, im tired of wlaking slowly and crouching and being constantly in the shadows with the fear that if i get caught the mission fails and i have to load a previous save, i really miss some arrows and mines to make the gameplay spicy and easier for me

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Things have become pretty nasty in this mission, theres a guy in the auction display room in panic, so i left him for a while in the hope he would calm down and explored other areas, when returning to the auction display room i still find the guy in panic, so i snuk upon him and made a grab, stole his key, however i cant blackjack him, and everytime i go to the display coffins he sees me and the mission fails, is there a way to make him go away? or do i have to restart the mission?
    The guy in the Display room should have run down to the basement guard area when he panics, allowing you to rob the place at your leisure. Don't know why he hasn't done that! But if you're playing on easy then I don't think you'd need much, if any at all of that loot to complete the mission.

Also anyone knows the buttons sequence in the lecture room?
    The buttons in the have no sequence other than the first one which opens the wall panels to reveal two more buttons, they can be pressed in any order which will then open a trap door at the far end of the seating area.

Im not enjoying much the gameplay of this mission, it lacks action, and since im playing on easy mode i feel that the challenge is unfair for this difficult mode, im tired of wlaking slowly and crouching and being constantly in the shadows with the fear that if i get caught the mission fails and i have to load a previous save, i really miss some arrows and mines to make the gameplay spicy and easier for me
    Sorry you feel that way, but in fairness, there was a warning in the first post of this thread that the game is very stealth intensive.

mission 5

I'm stuck at the point where the ceremonial of blessing the holy symbol should take place.
    I have all the requested items: the holy symbol, an unused candle, the skull of Yoris. All works fine till the point where I should take the symbol again and tap it into the holy water fountain. The symbol shines silvery periodically - but I can't frob it anymore.
    Am I misunderstanding something here?
    Please, help me.

greetings, urumo

by the way: a similar frobbing-problem happened in the pagan potion-mage's room upstairs. He came in, I saw the blinking key on his belt - and I could not frob that key, regardless of the distance I had to the AI (and approach him to closely - was deadly for me). I had to try again and again, and eventually - after I BJ'd him - I finally found that key on the floor and was able to pick it up.
    Last edited by Urumo; 30th Apr 2012 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    I'm stuck at the point where the ceremonial of blessing the holy symbol should take place.
    I have all the requested items: the holy symbol, an unused candle, the skull of Yoris. All works fine till the point where I should take the symbol again and tap it into the holy water fountain. The symbol shines silvery periodically - but I can't frob it anymore.
    Am I misunderstanding something here?
    It's the blackjack which you tap on the holy water font.

Mission Objectives - for those who don't have them.

Mission 1 - Practice
    1. Familiarise yourself with the neighbourhood by exploring all the streets. 100% required
    2. When you have finished, return to your room
    Notes:- Since this is your neighbourhood too, don't get caught plying your trade
    And, as the City Watch have had dealings with you before, avoid being seen by them.

Mission 2 - Mansion
    1. Mission will only register a maximum of 81% loot and thus, cannot be completed on Expert
    2. Lord Wandsworth recently purchased an expensive, gold bottle of wine at auction. Find it!
    3. Wandsworths wife is the proud owner of a very valuable diamond ring, make it yours!
    4. It is rumoured that the mansion houses a pretty extensive library. Locate it and see if you can dig up some interesting information.
    5. When all of your tasks are complete, return to where you started.

Mission 3 - Auction House
    1. Locate and steal the helmet
    2. For his own personal reasons, your fence has requested that you steal the auctioneers prized Gavel
    3. When you have what you came for, return to the streets where you started.
    Note:- Since you live close by, if anyone sees you inside the Auction House your game will be up. Don't get spotted!

Objective 1 & 3 Cancelled when going into the secure area to get helmet after using switch.
    Objective Added
    - It appears you have some competition. Wait until the commotion dies down and then search the secure area for any clues about the thief.

Objective Added when clue about other thief is read.
    - As the Auction House is now on high alert, you'll need to find another escape route.

Mission 4 - Framed
    1. Scour the local residents homes for all the loot you can find
    2. Return to the safety of your apartment when you are done
    Note:- Don't get seen by anyone or else your low profile will be lost

All Objectives\Notes Cancelled at start when knocking on door occurs
    Objectives Added
    1. Escape from your room and out onto the streets.
    2. Make your way to the South of the city and to the safety of your Fence's abode
    NOTE:- The City guards are out in force to get you. Don't get caught

Objective added when the first newspaper is read.
    - Find and read all of the old newspapers lying about in the streets. (6 required)

Mission 5 - Mountain
    1. Find a way into the mountain castle
    2. Find the whereabouts of the Tracer Potion
    3. Escape the mountain castle
    Note:- With the owners practising the dark arts, you don't know what to expect, so tread cautiously.

Objective Added after reading about the storage location of the potion
    - Acquire a Tracer Potion from the lower level vault

Objective Added after reading about the potions effects
    - According to the text the Tracer Potions effects are only visible through a special lense. Find one and make it yours.

Objective Added after reading the brothers complaint about his sisters doorway statues
    -Find out how to acquire a blessing on your blackjack in order to access the sisters quarters.

Objective Added after reading the bless instructions
    -Follow the instructions required to bless your blackjack

Mission 6 - Nauticle
    1. Search the guests quarters to find out which one your rival is using
    2. Switch the spiked wine with the complimentary bottle in your rivals room
    3. The captain is known to have a rare artifact in his possession. Search his quarters for it and make it yours.
    4. When all of your chores are complete, take cover in teh rowing boat where you started.
    Note: Since you are a wanted man, if you take any aggressive actions the crew are likely to hunt you down. Do not come into contact with anyone.

Objective Added when first occupied rooms tenent goes back into his room.
    - Find a way to gain access to the occupied quarters without attracting attention

Objective Added when captains diary is read
    - Acquire the invites so that you can use them to distract the patrons away from their quarters.

Mission 7 - Tracker
    1. Follow the blue footprint trail to find out where your rivals hidfeout is
    2. Locate some personal effect of his for use in setting him up
    3. It looks like you're a wanted man here on the main land too. Reduce your notoriety by removing wanted posters from around the city. 10 required.
    4. Once you have what you need, return to the docks and the sanctuary of the crates where you started.
    Note:- This city is over-run with various fanatical and militarial factions. Due to your notoriety, don't get caught up with them.

Objectives 2 & 4 Cancelled when Wererat is seen passing through portal
    Objectives Added
    - Follow your rival through the portal

Mission 8 - Confrontation
    1. This place feels strange, find some information about where I am
    2. Also, find some information about who, or what, your opponent is
    3. Find the abomination that is your rival and end it's hideous life.
    4. Once all your other chores are complete, exit this realm by using the teleporter you arrived here from.

Objectives Added once Objective 2 has been completed
    - Find a suitable weapon to kill your opponent with
    - Once you have a suitable weapon, kill any other Lycanthropes you find in this place (10 total).

Objective Added once the villiage diary has been read
    - Find this Balthesar Wererat and take the Cemetry gate key from him... it.

Objective Added once dagger release instructions have been read
    - Follow the instructions to release the silver Dagger from the holding spell

Objective Added once you have found 750G in valuables.
    You've found 750G in valuables, not bad considering you're in hostile territory. Now try to double that!

COOL

Thanks a lot, Adsk1

(and ... of course - the BJ, what else! )

cheers
    urumo

Arghhh!!!...wheres the damm gavel?!!!

Nevermind...found it :-)
    Last edited by cardia1; 30th Apr 2012 at 20:17.

Hi all,
    Still having trouble at the start.Frames are not freezing persay,but they skip as I move throught the room.Hanging and them they catch up eventually.I tried DLing the "Fixed" version,but it does the same.Have the shaders.rar pack but have no idea where to put them.I don't have the editor installed.

Just finished running "the crypt" and it works great.
    How do I fix this mission?

Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post
    Hi all,
    Still having trouble at the start.Frames are not freezing persay,but they skip as I move throught the room.Hanging and them they catch up eventually.I tried DLing the "Fixed" version,but it does the same.Have the shaders.rar pack but have no idea where to put them.I don't have the editor installed.

Just finished running "the crypt" and it works great.
    How do I fix this mission?
    Sounds like the same problem I was having when I first started testing my Missions in GL.
    First off, the "Fixed" version already contains the Shaders.rar pack which should be in the Rising.zip\System\Shaders folder.

The problem I think you are having was completely resolved for me when I un-installed TDS from my system and re-installed it. However, that is a bit drastic and I did manage to solve the problem another way.

In the root of the Rising.zip folder is a file called user_patch.ini. In that (text) file are two sections entitled [Flesh]. The second one is the default settings.
    Copy and paste the first '[flesh]' section into the user.ini file located in the root folder of your TDS install. You will need to remove the original '[flesh]' section from your user.ini.

Hope at least one of these solutions work for you.

Clearinghouse

Mission 8

I repeat the ritual but not all of the artefacts emanate a red glow. Only 4 from 8.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I repeat the ritual but not all of the artefacts emanate a red glow. Only 4 from 8.
    As the book says, items 1 & 8 must be done last. All other pairings must be made of items that are NOT next to each other. There is one combination that will result in the ritual becoming impossible to complete and will loop over and over again. If that happens, then you will need to load from an earlier point.
    After doing the first pair, choose the next pair carefully!

Clearinghouse
    Done. All of the artefacts emanate a red glow, but I am getting nothing at all though, wonder if there is a bug or I have missed something?

Done. All of the artefacts emanate a red glow, but I am getting nothing at all though, wonder if there is a bug or I have missed something?
    Again the book says that once you have done this, all senses are reduced. So you should be able to get close enough to the Wererat now without him knowing, close enought to backstab him!

Clearinghouse
    I have all objectives except exit this realm by using the teleporter you arrived here from.
    The portal don't work

I have all objectives except exit this realm by using the teleporter you arrived here from.
    The portal don't work
    It worked the last time I tried it.
    Do you have the 750G objective? If so have you completed that?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Do you have the 750G objective?
    Yes I have the 750G. But the 750G is notes not objective.

Clearinghouse
    Finished the campaign (without the teleporter objective), and I wanted to express my thanks for such a well made and excellent set of missions All missions with their own outfit and feeling
    Thank you for all your hard work, Adsk1!

Finished the campaign (without the teleporter objective), and I wanted to express my thanks for such a well made and excellent set of missions All missions with their own outfit and feeling
    Thank you for all your hard work, Adsk1!
    Thank you for your appreciation and your support!

My sincere appologies for all of the bugs and/or problems that arose during the game, but next time I shall be much more thorough.

New release download URL for version 1.1 has been edited into the first post of this thread.

This is hopefully the final release, which includes the shaders folder, updated Books and an objectives list in .TXT format.

Are bugfixes included as well ?
    e.g. modified Loot-objectives for mission 2

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Are bugfixes included as well ?
    e.g. modified Loot-objectives for mission 2
    Sorry to have to say it, but no. I've lost my scripts, so I can't rebuild any missions without re-writing the scripts.

It is as it is I'm afraid.

Mission 8

I need some help getting the key from the wererat thing I have tried to sneak up on it but it hears me and kills me.

EDIT: Found it I was trying to rob wrong RAT!!
    Last edited by pwl; 2nd May 2012 at 21:59.

Mission 4

im enjoying playing this part so far, its a beautifull village, im facing a strange problem tough, in the area with the closed gates sometimes the games crash when i do quicksave, so why does the game crash when i do quicksave? sometimes it works and other times not

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast