TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: THIEF - DEADLY SHADOWS * ^The Garden Of The Wizard ^* RE-UPDATED Gold 1.10 12/05/12

Quote Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
    Hi ,
    I think you're one of the few who arrived at the Castle

I arrived at the Castle too, i did all my duties there, i took the East Tower key from the lover's hand, i heard the sound that a key came into my inventory, although it didn't present on the screen, so i think this is the reason that this key can't open the East Tower. A quick solution please

IronEagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    I arrived at the Castle too, i did all my duties there, i took the East Tower key from the lover's hand, i heard the sound that a key came into my inventory, although it didn't present on the screen, so i think this is the reason that this key can't open the East Tower. A quick solution please
    very soon I will update the map.
    I can know what you liked my mission?

there were too many arrows?
    you used a real walktrough?

for the next version, I want to improve the gameplay.

I'm playing the map until after the tower.
    leave a savegame. if i ken

Then if you want to play the updated version, it is your choice.

Clearinghouse

IronEagle
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Thanks

Finished!!

IronEagle: I finaly finished your wonderful mission!!

It was a beautifuly made mission, but the next one you might want to name what the keys open or make them disappear in the item screen after you use them. When I got to the garden of the wizard the Item screen still only showed 11 keys and I know I picked up more than that?

Anyway Great job!! For those who have not tried this it is worth it!!

IronEagle
    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    IronEagle: I finaly finished your wonderful mission!!
    Anyway Great job!! For those who have not tried this it is worth it!!
    ehehhehee
    OK, for the next mission, I will come personally in Texas for a direct spolier.

Thanks , I'm glad you enjoyed

Last edited by IronEagle; 14th May 2012 at 12:47.

I am still trying to get through this FM ..

.I have killed the Chair-hammer-beast how do I get through the glass door on the left with many staircases....

also in the room with the moving chandelier there is a recess/door at the end,how do I get through there.....
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 26th May 2012 at 09:27.

IronEagle
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I am still trying to get through this FM ..

also in the room with the grumbling chandelier there is a recess/door at the end,how do I get through there.....
    What room are you referring to? , You've got to take the helmet?

Dear author,
    I downloaded the updates, but the garden's door (with the phyhedelic paintings i suppose) don't open! The key from the giant's zombie belt don't appear as valid, neither the key from the lover's hand. The east tower door although opens now with the key from the guard's belt. I played the fm three times, please check again!

IronEagle
    Dear author,
    I downloaded the updates, but the garden's door (with the phyhedelic paintings i suppose) don't open! The key from the giant's zombie belt don't appear as valid, neither the key from the lover's hand. The east tower door although opens now with the key from the guard's belt. I played the fm three times, please check again!
    in the room with chairman we have 2 ornamental doors.where you saw This psychedelic paint ? sorry ,but i can't remember.

Dear author,
    The way I got past the area where the chair monster was is to stack the chair monster and the ghost hammer on top of each other next to the door on the right there is an opening to a crawl space above and then climb up

IronEagle

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    The way I got past the area where the chair monster was is to stack the chair monster and the ghost hammer on top of each other next to the door on the right there is an opening to a crawl space above and then climb up
    i say right Pwl is one of the few who is arr. to the castle. in the place where you encounter the drunk giant zombie is also the place where is a switch who open the gate where u see the eyes.the s. is near a column. but is a switch with time.u need run very fast to find the gate opened and finally meet :"the rats" and the next area. ciao

i say right Pwl is one of the few who is arr. to the castle. in the place where you encounter the drunk giant zombie is also the place where is a switch who open the gate where u see the eyes.the s. is near a column. but is a switch with time.u need run very fast to find the gate opened and finally meet :"the rats" and the next area. ciao
    Thanks for that hint.

I met the rats, and found a goal of a Ruby and two keys at different areas in Ratland, and a health fountain (thank you!) .

Once I figured out the way back into the wizard's place, I immediately tried various doors I couldn't open but none of them open with these two keys: The door with the staircase going up off the room prior to the Rats area with the eyes, the door opposite the room that appears on the menu screen (another bath, with what look like three bath soaps ready-to-use), and Elyndra's (sp?) door back in the city, off the garden.

So, where do I go with these keys?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Thanks for that hint.

I met the rats, and found a goal of a Ruby and two keys at different areas in Ratland, and a health fountain (thank you!) .

Once I figured out the way back into the wizard's place, I immediately tried various doors I couldn't open but none of them open with these two keys: The door with the staircase going up off the room prior to the Rats area with the eyes, the door opposite the room that appears on the menu screen (another bath, with what look like three bath soaps ready-to-use), and Elyndra's (sp?) door back in the city, off the garden.

So, where do I go with these keys?

- prjames

I am stuck at the same place need to open the room with the staircase that goes all around the room...
    You mention a Bath room with three soaps...well when I got the key from the giant,and I think there was a key from a skeleton?,(not sure as I have to keep stopping and starting this fm,I am finding it hard to remember where things were with the time lapses) and went back to that bathroom it opened,so I am very confused on this fm still....I didnt know the switch on the column was timed so I will go back and see if I can now get to the rats bit....I am presuming that the switch opens the recess in the moving chandelier room?...but who knows,lol

...I didnt know the switch on the column was timed so I will go back and see if I can now get to the rats bit....I am presuming that the switch opens the recess in the moving chandelier room?...but who knows,lol
    Actually, the switch opens the gate at the far end of the room with the eyes (the room where you fought a chair-monster). The way I did it: flip it, run, open the door, the gate closes. Return, flip it again, run into the room with the rats.

That's another question on top of my previous questions: How does one open the recess in the moving chandelier room?

- prjames

IronEagle
    Then you arrived at ratland and don't know where to go?in the ratcity there is a bush.get inside and follow the cave.the bush is on the rìghtside.is a big bush. tell if u find...

Then you arrived at ratland and don't know where to go?in the ratcity there is a bush.get inside and follow the cave.the bush is on the rìghtside.is a big bush. tell if u find...
    Found it, thanks!

- prjames

I have progressed a bit....

I have the Helmet and Wizards garden key ...I now need to return to the garden to get the dagger...but I cant get back..I can get as far as the Rat area but there is no way back through the bars that raised with the switch on the way in.

is there another way back?

IronEagle
    I have progressed a bit....

I have the Helmet and Wizards garden key ...I now need to return to the garden to get the dagger...but I cant get back..I can get as far as the Rat area but there is no way back through the bars that raised with the switch on the way in.

is there another way back?
    Look The flag and the column that is the only way.
    Last edited by IronEagle; 27th May 2012 at 18:19.

Look The flag and the column that is the only way.
    ok found it!
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 28th May 2012 at 11:05.

I've also progressed some.

I've found the ruby and my buddy who was chasing his imaginary castle. Only objective remaining is to find the helmet of Justice.

I got a key in the room where I found my buddy and it doesn't open any of: The door to the castle (I assume that was the entrance outside guarded by 2 guards with a female follower), and all the doors I mentioned earlier - the door to the bath opposite the room shown in the menu screen, the door to the staircase going up just before the rats area, and the door to Eljiana's. The recess behind the library room is still closed (also in the same hallway leading to the baths and rat area).

Help! I want to get the helmet - what do I do next?

- prjames

IronEagle
    I can ask something.? What you liked of this mission ? just to know. ok, you need to proceed. the ruby is on the balcony where u can see the castle.the key of the castle...look at the solitary guard.on the right side.keep some weapon for after

Yay!...I finished!

I am glad that I stuck at it,its a really interesting mission and hope to play more from you,I liked the surreal feel to it and the art work used etc...and also,as well as frustrating you really have to think with this one,its not the usual,logical,fm...I liked the ambient seaside sounds too,the new and unexpected AI,the general colourfulness of it,like being in fairyland sometimes,overall a good experience,apart from a few bugs....which could have been ironed out.

However,I did not like some of the terrain,

bushes getting in my way in the tunnels,and bits of rock everywhere ,snagging Garretts legs and making it hard for the poor sap to move around

a Staircase too narrow and hard to climb, is very slow and tedious.a gap in the metal grating just before the entrance to the helmet room got me trapped there many times,and had to reload.

A switch perhaps too far away from a place that it opens,and if you cant see what it does when you flick it,AND dont know its timed too,then it gets frustrating..

perhaps not quite enough health potion and arrows,although I did finish it with one health bar left,....its a hard terrain,and dieing is frequent,when climbing high not necessarily the authors fault but just the general wankyness of the T3 engine and always Garretts poor choice in movements,ie moving slightly to the right or left when you turn in another direction,lol,it all helps to frustrate the player.

Now I must go and apologise to garret for all the profanities I called him throughout this mission,I think he may have an inferiority complex starting

the only thing I did not get was the valuable Hammer mentioned in the Zombies basement area...I did get down there both from the left hand passage and small staircase when you first enter the castle,and from the huge dilapidated staircase with chains everywhere,to the right. in the same room as the fat-guard.....also was there anything to do or get in the room with the wayward chandelier/light fitting...I also didnt get into the two arch doors in the chapel...maybe I have missed a chunk of this fm somehowhint welcome so I can get it.

Thanks for the mission!
    Rock on your next one
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 29th May 2012 at 08:25.

I allready took the garden's key, i returned from the castle and the only door that can't open is that with the strange psyhedelik stairs in the area with the chairmonster. Where is this damned garden anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I've also progressed some.

I've found the ruby and my buddy who was chasing his imaginary castle. Only objective remaining is to find the helmet of Justice.

I got a key in the room where I found my buddy and it doesn't open any of: The door to the castle (I assume that was the entrance outside guarded by 2 guards with a female follower), and all the doors I mentioned earlier - the door to the bath opposite the room shown in the menu screen, the door to the staircase going up just before the rats area, and the door to Eljiana's. The recess behind the library room is still closed (also in the same hallway leading to the baths and rat area).

Help! I want to get the helmet - what do I do next?

- prjames
    I didnt get into the glass door with the weird staircases,maybe its just for effect...I also never got through the two arched doors in the chapel near the beginning
    The door to the bath with the soaps I did get open but it opened after I floored the giant and got a couple of keys in that area...Troll ?skeleton?I seem to remember that there is an unopenable door next to one that does open in the troll areajust before the chair-man...there is a skeleton behind it and I am sure when I frobbed around the door the key sound came up,the bathroom with soaps didnt contain much but I cant remember,so could be wrong....in the rat area,there is a health fountain above the rats did you get the key from the box/chest/ near it?and some loot(Bell) on the top of the castle-ated highest part....for the helmet yes you need to get in the big guarded gates in front of the castle...maybe a guard has the key...check the ones you have killed if you are a murderer like me the keys could be under the bodies
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 28th May 2012 at 10:43.