TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carmageddon sequel likely

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Hell to the yes! Comes out of Early Access on April 23rd!

Thing What Kicks
    I just hope they sort out the loading times before then. They're stupidly long at the moment.

I have to hand it to them -- based on that trailer, they've done precisely what they set out to do.

verbose douchebag
    As someone who always did badly at racing games, to the extent that the original race track mission of Mafia (pre-patch) took me no less than 50 tries (seriously, it was like an automotive Dark Souls with jaunty prohibition era skiffle) and felt like I'd won a Nobel prize for patience; I have a deep appreciation for Carmageddon and Twisted Metal. Looking forward to some of this.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Max is back! I was in the war!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/249380/

Level 10,000 achieved

thread reinCARnated!

You know me, I like to record a lot of gameplay videos, occasionally I'll put some kinda compilation together, but it's rare anymore that I actually put together a proper, genuine, fake trailer. But Carmageddon: Max Damage(as the latest iteration of this game is called), with it's handy replay-editor, has inspired me.

So, how's it actually playing? Car handling is a tad improved over Carmageddon 1 and 2, tho not much. The gameplay-formula is still very much the same, with a few tweaks here and there. There's leveling up, and in order to level you have have to find upgrade tokens, scatered around the levels, which encourages exploration. Aside from "Classic Carma" there's a bunch of new game modes, bringing different win-conditions from level to level. My only major gripe so far is that the number of points to unlock new sets of levels is often very high, forcing you to replay earlier levels several times just to get enough points to proceed. But yeah, all in all, I'm digging this. I've always enjoyed the classic Carma formula, enough so that I even finished the Carmageddon iPad port. I'll probably stick with this till the end as well.

Thing What Kicks
    Yeah, I may have to get back to it at some point. Although last time I played, not long after "Release", it was still plagued by performance problems. I take it those have been fixed now?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I guess? It's running fine on my computer.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Although last time I played, not long after "Release", it was still plagued by performance problems. I take it those have been fixed now?
    Carmageddon: Max Damage is pretty much the optimised version of Carmageddon: Reincarnation. If owned the latter on Steam then you would've been given the former for free.