TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So i now have a lump on the side of my skull

So i now have a lump on the side of my skull

Having recently bounced my head off a piece of solid concrete while trying to be ultra, I now have a solid lump the size of a peanut attached to (or growing out of) the supraorbital process of my frontal bone. I originally got it because I got too excited about grinding the corner of the bowl in clissold park, london, pumped too hard out of the drop back in and levererd myself straight onto my face with all of the unforgiving force gravity has become celebrated for. This was exacerbated a couple of hours ago when I went to see one of those english hardcore-ish bands that are a bit difficult to generify and accidentally cracked heads with a guy I used to work with. Turned out quite nice, we had a beer and all that shit afterwards. Anyways, my question to you, TTLG, is: Do YOU have any lumps on your head, and how did they happen?

please note post due to Aerothorn bullying the shit out of me on facebook

You call this shit a post? Maybe you were hit harder in the head than you thought.

Maybe you should just ... o shi ... SORRY:

That's really interesting, Viv. Sit over here and get a shoulder rub by sexy cosplay Viktorias so you feel at home in the place. As for your question: my head is like a Chevy on Flintstone vitamins if you know what I mean.

OH I'M REALLY BLOODY SORRY ENOUGH TO GO ALL CAPS

SHOULDER RUBS ARE FOR DICKHEADS

not really I don't know what you mean. Full of rocks?

(That uncomfortable pause while you're waiting for other people to jump in so you don't feel like you're hogging the thread...)

i can has cancer

Fuck it, I'll double-post that shit up.*

Sorry was to the friendly-police brah.
    Caps is cruise control for cool.

Shoulder rubs by sexy cosplay girls are for winners. We're going to have to disagree on that one
    /* as I'm getting three chobits working my quads. */

As for Chevys and Flintstones, they're hard ... like my head is hard ... like it doesn't go bumpy.

*Edit: Double ninja'd makes Jack a lying boy

Shoulder rubs are just something you get while you are think about stuff. Like, who to put in the thunderdome next? Or something. They're not an end in itself, any more than an olive on a stick is.

Basically you're a pervert is what I might be insinuating

META NARRATIVE: looks like the cream... got him!
    Last edited by Vivian; 12th May 2012 at 20:51.

I mean this is a stupid obvious question, but have you had this checked out?

Haha, that's exactly what needs to be said.

I immediately went home and did some hard sums and an entire book of magic eye pictures

when I say hard I probably mean intermediate

I actually managed to xray my own skull a couple of months ago but I didn't manage to save the footage - stuck my head in one of these devices: http://www.xromm.org/

(NB if any of you are secretly government funding bodies I need a lot more time on one of those devices)

either way - results inconclusive. I ran a battery of tests and I am still about 40% dickhead.

when I say battery of tests I mean I tried to look at a pencil out of both eyes, span around with my eyes shut, as well as the whole x-ray thing
    Last edited by Vivian; 12th May 2012 at 21:12.

ZylonBane
    This thread makes every much as bit sense as Vivian would expect by started one would.

Speaking of magic eye pictures, somebody gave me a book of those 3D stereograms, the kind where you have to cross your eyes to see them, and I literally spent all night doing them, like 5 hours straight, and at the end, I looked up and around the room and realized I couldn't uncross my eyes to see normal reality anymore. My eyes just stayed crossed and all the walls and tables were just permanently blurred and doubled, nothing could focus, and I'd have to really physically force them to uncross, then they'd just drift back crossed again. For about 4 or 5 minutes I thought all of reality was just going to stay permanently cross-eyed.

Finally I had to just turn out all the lights and shut my eyes tight for like two minutes straight. Tears started welling through because I thought I had seriously and permanently fucked up my life royally and for the rest of my life ... again. Then with a weak and frankly terrified timidity, I turned the lights back on and slowly peeked opened my eyes, fearing for the worst.

The scene around me slowly swept into view and very gradually resolved into a coherent and unified reality, to my galactic relief. Once in focus, the scene did not drift. But still I could feel, just on the tip of my will power, still the nudging desire to drift back into incoherence that I fought off and tried to forget. I've been trying to forget that awful feeling ever since. I had dodged a bullet this time, but I was under no illusion how frail my reality really was when push came to shove.

I had a tiny lump once, when I was a teenager.

Then I popped that zit and the lump went away the next day.

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm quite lump-free, thank you. But my gramps? He had one the size of a walnut on his supraorbital frontal area. He was a doctor who lectured often at universities. Whenever he spoke, he had a tendency to arch his eyebrows, and his left eyebrow would slide up and nestle cozily against it, making you want to giggle out loud.

Which you wished you hadn't done, because his steely-eyed stare would level you to the ground inside of a second. Also he was a bit of an asshole with an ego as large as fucking Everest and as deep as the fucking Mariana trench, but that's a story without enough lumps for this thread, so I'll spare you the details.

Vivian: do not let this happen to you

edit: I know it might be too late, get the lump out at least
    Last edited by Sulphur; 13th May 2012 at 02:08.

Still Subjective
    Scar tissue. Deal with it. Or slice it off. Its barbecue weather and it'll be nice over the coals.

You should probably get it checked out though.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Scar tissue. Deal with it. Or slice it off. Its barbecue weather and it'll be nice over the coals.
    With the bird to share this lonely view...

Ha ha, remember when magic eye was the wave of the future? They even did a PC game that could run in stereogram mode (Magic Carpet - if anyone can find a video of it running I'd love to see it). But for a few twists of fate (and common sense) we could all be squinting hellishly along to Wrath of the Titans in Eye-Popping Stereogram!

GUYS HOW FUN IS THIS!!! : http://hidden-3d.com/games_stereogram_paint.php

Last edited by Vivian; 13th May 2012 at 07:25.

I've really got to see The Warriors again.

Still Subjective
    Seems I've lost the ability to see magic eye pics
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

I think it says "DONGS!", which makes perfect sense in context of this thread.

The first one doesn't make any sense: all I see is 'GRXIHRM', and the second is even less decipherable.

Either that or my eyes are getting too old for all this nonsense.

TTLG Medical Edition 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    No you didn't... Oh you asshole!
    o god here we g o . . .