TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been Dromeding too much

739. You have some free time but you're too tired to get much done in Dromed, so you try to send yourself a TurnOn message.

740. You think of everything in life in terms of script messages, links, S&R etc.

741. You like the object arches in T2X are just as much as T2X itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
    738. An exchange student asks the price of a candy bar in a vending machine. Your reply? "Oh, not much, just 85 nanites."
    Isn't that what happens after watching too much Star Trek?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star
    733. Whilst sitting at your computer, try to turn off your room lights via the Dromed command line. (seriously)
    That's a classic. I haven't done it from within DromEd yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Isn't that what happens after watching too much Star Trek?
    Nope. Just from spending a lot of time trying to rebalance the costs of 20-odd items in the replicator menus.

That's a classic. I haven't done it from within DromEd yet, though.
    'Classic?!' Why thank you! Wanna know the worst part? I restarted first Dromed and then the computer, thinking it had hung and my "Light_bright" command wasn't getting through.
    =====

742. You wish you could make your siblings be quiet by deleting the right files in the SND folder.
    743. Reskin one of the shooting range targets to feature a political figure you hate with a burning passion. Bonus for catching yourself saying "Take THAT you %&#@!"
    744. After downloading a mod to make persistent bullet/shotgun casings, create a crude level with 10,000 rounds of ammo, a dozen monster respawn points, and 6 assault rifles just so you can carpet the place with casings.
    745. Add appropriate scripts and sound effects that let you 'use' a toilet ingame. Wonder if you should add an animation as well.
    746. Use a subliminal-messaging program to program "I am a Dromed God" into your subconscious. (guilty, but the free trial ran out!)
    747. Add the Mona Lisa as scenery in the gamesys, then script it so that frobbing the painting draws a comical mustache, glasses, and beard on the lady's face.
    748. Reskin the arachnids to have a bullseye on their fannies.
    749. Create a wall texture with lots of blinking eyes (handily supplied by an After Dark screensaver). Dare yourself to walk down a twisting hallway with walls decorated in this fashion. Fail and scare yourself so bad you stay up the rest of the night.
    750. Create a long, darkened corridor and see how many scary sounds and spooky shapes you can add. Plan to distribute and dare players to walk all the way to the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
    'Classic?!' Why thank you! Wanna know the worst part? I restarted first Dromed and then the computer, thinking it had hung and my "Light_bright" command wasn't getting through.
    Hehe, that's taking it to a whole other level.

I once tried to reach the light switch with my mouse, but when I couldn't make the mouse cursor go outside the screen I realized what I was doing and chuckled a bit to myself. I guess I would have been kind of spooked if it had worked... That could become a meta-FM about an author who one day discovers that s/he can control the world with DromEd (speaking of being a DromEd God)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star
    749. Create a wall texture with lots of blinking eyes (handily supplied by an After Dark screensaver). Dare yourself to walk down a twisting hallway with walls decorated in this fashion.
    You might want to take a look at Roman Polanski's Repulsion. It's about a young woman slowly going insane and one scene is similar to yours, but instead of eyes, it's hands reaching out of the walls. I get the shivers just thinking about it.

751: You desperately try to add something to this list, but fail.

752: You feel touched when other programs are thoughtful enough to ask you if you want to save changes.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    752: You feel touched when other programs are thoughtful enough to ask you if you want to save changes.

WOW...that has not happened yet but I can certainly see your point!

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Yeah, I've always wondered why the programmers of dromed didn't implement this simple feature of asking to save before closing.

also, how come there's no saving with Ctrl + S? many times the reason why i don't save often is because i'm too lazy to constantly go to the menu and save.

in addition, when you try to save a file with the same name as a previous file, how come you're not asked "are you sure you want to overwrite..."? I thought it was a Windows default feature that, whenever you try to save something with the same name, no matter what program you're using, it asks you if you want to overwrite. so, how did the dromed programmers code it so that it does NOT ask you...?

sorry if i'm drifting off-topic...

It not asking doesn't bother me? If I quit without saving first, it's probably because I didn't want to keep the changes that I'd made.

In any case, DromEd is very nice with regards backing up your files, since it backs up to p_portal.cow whenever you portalise, and it automatically backs up any file you overwrite (making the "are you sure" message somewhat redundant).
    You can easily assign save to a key, it's F11 in the DromEd toolkit.

...now back on topic!

it was a Windows default feature
    Yes, but DromEd was planned or first written for DOS. All floating windows features were added to it later.

753. You forgive DromEd. Again and again.

754.In other games you check if the building/objects are properly aligned.

755. In recent games, you're looking for very straight portions of walls and floors and think "hey, I could have done with DromEd".

756. You start to round off every number you see to the nearest multiple of 4.

757. you begin to talk to yourself callin the Dromed as 'my Precious'...

"Where iss it, where iss it: my Precious, my Precious? It's ours, it is, and we wants it. The thieves, the thieves, the filthy little thieves. Where are they with my Precious? Curse them! We hates them."

758. You photograph an actual desktop to retexture one ingame (looks much better if I say so myself)

759. You eagerly read a hundred pages about things that you had absolutely no interest in before DromEd came into your life.
    760. The feelings you used to get from listening to music has now been replaced by thoughts of DromEd (and there we see the hazards of listening to music while using DromEd). You also connect certain pieces of music with certain locations in your mission.
    761. You look at a hundred pictures of things as stone ovens, chimneys and toilets.
    762. You start to think that everyone around you knows what DromEd is and is interested in hearing about the dream you just had about it.

762. You start to think that everyone around you knows what DromEd is and is interested in hearing about the dream you just had about it.
    Yep!!!

real.. !

I stopped talking about dromed after I finally realized how bored it made everybody. It also made me look like a nerd.

Yeah, me too

763. And then you start talking to yourself about DromEd, because no one else listens.

It's comforting disturbing that I'm not alone

I stopped talking about dromed after I finally realized how bored it made everybody. It also made me look like a nerd.
    Talking about me right now, are you ?

764. You spend your Saturday night climbing up and down the same ladder a thousand times.

765. You no longer think that you need to get a life.

I had set up two ladders in a deep hole. It worked and it was easy to transfer between the two, but then I discovered that if the player looks up while jumping from the lower ladder to the higher, s/he will miss and fall down.

The problem is that I cannot move the ladders around much, but it works if the player looks more or less straight ahead when jumping. Should I fix this or is it okay to keep it as it is?

I could combine the two ladders into one object, which would make the transfer completely smooth, but that would mean that I would have to place the two ladders exactly right relative to each other (including angles) for the combined object. I would also need to tweak the model, so that it wouldn't look like the player can climb through thin air.

764. You spend your Saturday night climbing up and down the same ladder a thousand times.

765. You no longer think that you need to get a life.

haha

(I also like the classic 'thumb in front of camera' touch)

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast