TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been Dromeding too much

#261 You see wireframe in your dreams.
    #262 You purposely keep your room messy so that noone can find anything of value to steal.

robert gronemann

263. On a hike with your wife, you climb down to get a better look at a culvert.

264. You examine and evaluate the security system of local buinesses, as well as the possibilities for roof access.

265. Downtown atriums make you think "Sceen too complex."

266. #263, 264, 265 rolled off the top of your head.

I've done 264

267: You hum those catchy tunes that the guards always hum.

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Salvage ]

268: You charge around making hydrolic metalic noises timed with your footsteps when no one is looking. And imediately stop if noticed...

269: Sometimes at work, when you hear someone approaching around a corner, you get a panic feeling and you eyes dart around looking for a shadow to step in...

270: Girlfriend puts a gun to your head and insists that you put down the mouse and step away from the screen saying, "I don't believe you when you say, 'Okay, just 5 more minutes anymore, buck-o...'"

Just thought i'd bring this thread up to the top.

271. You think genemanipulation and AI tweaking is the same thing.

272: You use large patterned wall paper to decrease the polycount.

273: You go into college during study leave to try and get dromed working on them for next year.

274: You manage to do #273, despite having to recode half of windows NT to be able to.

275: You bought a 17" monitor so you could run dromed in 1024x768 mode.

276: You board in any railing you see to increase your frame rate.

277: You have 2 cd drives so you don't have to change disk for other games (as if you ever play them)

278: You can't actually find the case to the thief CD.

279: You have copies of your missions on CDR in case dromed takes the entire hard drive with it next time.

280: You have graph paper with the major units at every 8th point to design your level on.

281: You finish a maths exam early and start programming the text for your level into your graphical calculator

282: You watch the preview movie of CoSaS and recognize all the names that flash up in the credits.

283: You try to buy an OmniLight.

284: You have spent longer building your one level than it took you to finish the entire game. And you still haven't finished half of it.

285: You have your computer configured so that every program uses dromed's colour scheme.

286: You have finished a mission and were satisfied with the end product.

( : I have done this one)

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: Keeper of Dark Areas ]

Originally posted by Keeper of Dark Areas:

286: You have finished a mission and were satisfied with the end product.

( : I have done this one)
    I haven't...

287: You go scuba diving and wonder 'The bubbles don't work as they should.'

#288: You are looking a vast open space and think "hey, it doesn't slow down!"

#289: You walk over the street, see a nice balcony and think... "if i only had three boxes to stack..."

#290: After finishing the dromed tutorial using your own house as a model, you return home from work, go to the salon and get surprised not to find there your two pet burricks

#291: You walk going out the subway and think about how much noise the other ones are making.

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: Jos ]

Originally posted by Banshee:
    I haven't...
    Neither Have I, I mean I've done all the ones with next to them

#292 - You meet all sorts of interesting people when you are on their front sidewalk photographing their house because you thought it would look good in your level.

#293 - You walk around with a digital camera so you can upload pictures of interesting buildings to discuss on the TTLG Forums

#294 - Feel like a million dollars when your custom AI works

#295 - Feel like a pile of poop when your custom AI fails to act correctly

When your sitting at home, you turn out the lights so nobody sees you!

And wuzzah! They don't see you!

I'm sorry, I can't think of anything funny right now.
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

#296 You decide that "real life" is too boring and plug your brain into DromEd so you can create and live in you own world.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.

Ooohh... This one's back. Gotta post something...

297. You don't like the looks of your furniture and try to change the model name.

298. When it dosn't work, you think: Ah, I havn't made the new model yet.

299. You don't like the looks of yourself and try to change the model name...

300. When you go shopping and pick up something on the shoppinglist, you wonder where the "Objective complete" message is.

w00t! 300

Think is time to finnish the 1000reasons

301: When you loose your job caused by Dromed Interference .
    302: When you loose your appartment ..
    303: When you forget that all you ever wanted was that Roland tb303machine
    304: When all the tutorials and the hole objecthierachy is remembered alphabethic ,backwards and the right way ...(D1 and D2)..
    305: When the hole world is telling you that enough is enough and you start trying to convince them that dromed is the key ....
    306: When a old member ask stupid questions of wht he needs to optimize his level .
    307: When a desperat member ask nicely of a dromed antidote
    308: When a member think that it's possible to optimize NeedForSpeed5
    and make a better cargame -using dromed ...
    309: When a member is thinking of selling all his stuff to buy a tent and a laptop....
    Taking his work underground.....
    310: When all the above numbers doesn't fill half the reasons and symptons of to much Dromediting ....

-------------------
    - As I build -
    - I discover -
    - As I discover -
    - I build -
    -------------------dromed for ever .....greets GOB

311 You have your computer inplaneted in your head so you can DromEd 24/7/365.

312 When anything thats not DromEd is meaningess.

313 If you make an invis potion, set its target to "Me in real life" and when you drink the potion, you become invisible in "real life"

314 You are working on DromEd, you delete a door, and your house door in "real life" is gone.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.

315: You dont let a little thing like death in "real life" stop you from DromEding.

316: You even get errors when telling your friends how to create somthing.

317: You've been DromEding so long that your birth cirtificate says "Expired"

318: You tell everyone that if yo die, you must be buried with all of your FM's on CDR.

319: You havn't slept since DromEd was released.

320: You trick your body into thinking food and sleep are DromEd so you can never stop.

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: masterthief3 ]

321: You Hav'nt Left You House Since DromEd Came Out.

322: You DromEd'ed So Mutch That It Broke.

323: -

324: -

325: -

326: Your So Busy DromEding That # 323, 324, 325, Were Never Printed.

327: Your Favorite TV Show Is DromEd.

328: Your Favorite Shirt Is The One That Has "DromEd" Written All Over It.

329: Your Favorite Car Brand Is DromEd.

330: Your Favorite Cereal Is DromEd Puffs™.

331 -- uhshhhhhiiiiiii......

Well, It's been a few months while since I posted in the TTLG forums (or any forums, for that matter), but after gazing upon this enormous topic, I simply had to send one.

332) You have to sleep on the floor next to the computer at night, because your bed isn't frobable.
    333) Nor can you change into your pyjamas, because you're imprisoned in a 6 foot milk carton which can't be removed from you.
    334) Whenever someone passes you by down the street, you watch suspiciously for a pair of keys or a purse round their belt.

Let me know if any of these have already been mentioned.

======================================================================

Kongo2 (dromedus maniacus) - Common dark brown haired homosapian, generally has no life outside of playing Thief and Dromeding. Only leaves computer territory when in need of food and drink.

335) You are looking for something in a shopping mall, and when it becomes apperent that you will not be able to find it, you try to press Ctrl+e and then press TAB until it's name pops up.

336) You have a long uphill walk to make, and you don't have much time, so you try to type "scale_player_speed 2.5"

C'mon people, we'll never reach 1000 at this rate!

337) you recreate your nieghborhood in Dromed, and rob your nieghbors...
    338) ...You actually try this in real life.
    339) You dream up levels while you sleep, draw them up in the shower, and dromed while eating breakfast. And that's just the first hour of your day.
    340) You don't have time to post on the "1000 clues you've been dromeding too much" thread...
    341)... or any other threads for that matter...
    342) or any forums, as you dromed so much, you're complelty self-taught, but once you finish a mission, you don't know what to do with it...
    343) You make brushes for EACH INDIVIDUAL plank of wood, stone, brick, etc. It kills polycount, but it looks alot more 3d!
    344) You've actually tired of the limits od Dromed and begun tinkering with the Dark Engine...
    345) ...and it is now better than anything else out there, including the Unreal!

346: You Become Weak If You Can't DromEd.

347: You've Used DromEd So Much That You Don't Have To Download FM's Anymore, You Can Visualize Everything That Will Happen Just By Looking At The File Sizes.

348: Your Monitor Has A Burned Image Of DromEd In It.

robert gronemann

113. You use dromed to demonstrate to your wife the plans for the new addition to the house. Everything is there...almost precise measurements. She is excited to see this in 3D! (Although she is confused about the unusual decor.) You teach her how to move about with the controles in game mode.

"All the time you spend up here...You taught yourself to do this?" She looks perplexed.

"No. I had help. Lots of help," I reply thinking of the hours of sifting Ive done. Not for this project, but for projects that involve tower gaurds and floodlights, holy swords, receptrons, etc..

She makes her way to the basement. A man is heard complaining about mould. "What timing..." I thought.

"Its not THAT bad down there," She says. I had to laugh at that.

....This is a true story