TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been Dromeding too much

571 - You try reskinning your missus so she lookslike a Mech Priestess

555. You don't believe in rain or snow, hot or cold. There is only perfect weather all the time.
    What? Not in my DromEd 2 universe there isn't.

-

572: You learn C++ so that you can write custom scripts.

573: You spend your free time trying to find out all the things that are impossible in the Dark Engine... and then coming up with ways to do them.

574: You burn a piece of paper and wonder what complicated receptrons and model-cycling were used to make it curl and darken.

575: You have 8 working copies of DromEd on your hard disk.

576: You start collecting DromEd error messages.
    Last edited by Nameless_Voice; 22nd Jun 2006 at 12:22.

577: You're playing somebody elses FM and can't figure out why Alt+E isn't working while a half dozen Haunts are wailing on your head.

You have 8 copies of DromEd on your hard disk
    Seriously????

578 You often press alt+E in other games

(I can't believe this didn't get to 1000)

579. You wish there is a teleport trap while waiting the bus

580- you've read this thread too many times over how many years?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2
    580- you've read this thread too many times over how many years?
    LOLZ SIX i get cookie

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice
    You have 8 copies of DromEd on your hard disk
    Seriously????
    Yup. Let's see:
    1. Main DromEd2 folder
    2. Main Dromed1 folder
    3. DromEd Deluxe
    4. DromEd folder for The Haunting
    5. DromEd folder for ... another project
    6. DromEd in Thief 2 game folder
    7. DromEd in Thief 1 game folder
    8. ShockEd in SS2 game folder

And I never did get around to installing that second copy of SS2 for ShockEd...

581 You know the name and location of every single property.

582 You know the 'real' name (that is used by set property receptrons) of every single property.

583: When you look at a large sprawling mission made by someone else, instead of being overwhelmed by their accomplishment, you analyse the brushes used and think "I would have done that differently".

584 - Related to that, you can look at the wireframe windows -- even when the 3D window is still only wireframe, and even of other missions -- and in just a few seconds you'll know exactly what's going on, where you are, how far away things are, and where everything is in relation to you, rooms and objects.

I opened up a level on my parent's computer, and my mother walked behind me and asked what is that, and I started pointing things out in the wireframed window -- this is the room I'm in, this red rectangle here is a chair, this one a fire in the fireplace, and this one is a door, and this is the room next door -- and she looked at me like I was nuts saying, I have no idea what the hell you are pointing at. They're just a bunch of red rectangles!

All I see now is blonde, brunette, redhead.

585: Sitting on the toilet reminds you of... monolog

sorry, but am too busy looking for purple things in wow to do anything with thief. got this so far 'hammer of the northern wind' makes winterspring fulbolgs wince.

586 - (another I don't think I've seen). You know exactly the point when portalizing or optimizing that dromed likes to crash ... and you hold your breath right at that moment, cross your fingers, praying to the builder ... and let out a huge sigh of relief when the process is over.

587: You put negative numbers by all the names in your family tree.

588: If someone from the family tree was a criminal, you feel an urge to check the Don't Inherit box in the Script property of their descendants.

589 - you take a copy of thief 2 and dromed into work with you and play Dromed on your lunch break (and even when you're supposed to be working)

590 - a customer comes into your print shop and enquires about having a sign put up on their shop facade and you try to show them what it looks like using dromed and a custom texture ! (seriously)

591: you recreate the log house where you live in DromEd, and are now afraid to view the 'real' thing from certain viewpoints in case you forgot to optimize before going into game mode.

592: you've spent more time walking around the DromEd version of your house than you have in the 'real life' version, despite having lived there for almost 19 years.

593: you're so tired that you walk into a wall, and curse yourself for not updating the pathfinding database, and wonder who put that brush there.

594: you have a nightmare where an unknown force begins cloning cyclinders with 20 sides all over your mission, causing a screen complexity error and a crash -- and you haven't saved in over an hour.

595: you can't watch movies with Medieval, Victorian, or Egyptian themes anymore. They make you want to DromEd.

596: if someone forces you to watch a movie with one of said themes, you must have a laptop with DromEd installed on it with you to avoid loosing your sanity.

597: you're too tired to walk, type, talk, or think -- but you're still at your computer, DromEding.

598: you do a face plant on your keyboard and fall asleep while DromEd's running, and when you wake up to an error, you curse your weak body for failing you, and vow to always sit so you'll collapse away from the keyboard, so this won't happen again.

599: you feel unfulfilled if you DromEd for less than 7 hours a day.

600: you're spending so much time DromEding that your cats sneak into your room so they can be with you, and remind you that they need food and love too.
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

595: you can't watch movies with Medieval, Victorian, or Egyptian themes anymore. They make you want to DromEd.
    Man that is the truest line of them all, I've taken to watching Cadfael - The Medeivel Monk Slueth, not because it's great but because the towns he visits could be a nice setting for Thief ! i'm so sad

601: you DromEd so much that you ask a family member/roomate to blackjack you at your computer to make sure you rest.
    602: after making said request, you begin to fear you'll never wake up, because a knocked out guard stays out cold the entire mission . . .
    603: you temporarily relax after realizing the creater of the mission you're living in could have your unconscious body deleted from the world, and a conscious clone could be put in your place . . .
    604: . . . but soon the idea of being cloned has you so paranoid that you stop sleeping completely.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    605: painted my house in dromed to see if the colors were good, then wished i could paint the house with dromed to save time.

Saving time with dromed. Never thought I'd live to see the day...

606. When you're sitting in your cubicle, calling customers to collect money and one has the last name Bafford. Everyone stares at you in shock as you hit the mute button and keel over laughing.. (happened today)

607 You make a mistake in real life and your Ctrl-Z fingers twitch

608 You are reading a post on these forums and, when you finish, press Alt+E to leave read mode.
    609 You replace the desktop background of every computer you go near with a screenshot of DromEd.
    610 You walk past a wooden door and think "Hmm, I should come back with my digicam..."

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast