TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Douchey White Americans Go to European Ghost Town, Die Horribly: the Movie

some guys are ONLY about that thing

NB little kids are not scary. Who is scared of children? I'm bored of it. They're just little dudes. You can totally kick them in the face. They're tiny!

Shit I think I missed the Thing.

Oh that's another movie all together. Are you being serious Sombras? That movie had a bit too much on the shaky cam at times, I had to turn away. This snippet I found on a website about the ending. Spoiled tagged for your viewing pleasure. Its a major spoiler for those that haven't seen it.

The news crew lock themselves in the penthouse, where a crazy (you can tell because there are newspaper clippings all over the walls) but organized (if the clippings weren’t enough of a plot device, there’s a tape machine) mad scientist was conducting experiments on a zombie… who is… STILL IN THE APARTMENT OH MY GOD AND it kills them both and that’s the end.

Sweet movie, though

I didn't catch what that scientist was doing to a possessed child, then becomes a zombie. If the camera would of stopped long enough to read some of the newspaper clippings, probably would of made more sense. This is one of those movies, you could watch again. IMDB explains its, but what's the fun in that.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 24th May 2012 at 11:49.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    NB little kids are not scary. Who is scared of children? I'm bored of it. They're just little dudes. You can totally kick them in the face. They're tiny!
    Ha ha. I wish this were true! Little zombie/mutant kids freak me out more than adults, not because they're dangerous or scary but because they're creepy.

I'm in for this, if only for the awesome setting.

And I'm going to watch REC asap.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Yeah not much scares me anymore that isn't in a video game but holy fuck that ending

Not much scares me anymore either, but yeah, that ending. You could picture yourself being in there.......NOPE!! Let us know how you like it Subject.

Well getting back to the original topic, let us know how the movie is. I need to see the Avengers first.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Oh that's another movie all together. Are you being serious Sombras? That movie had a bit too much on the shaky cam at times, I had to turn away. This snippet I found on a website about the ending. Spoiled tagged for your viewing pleasure. Its a major spoiler for those that haven't seen it.

The news crew lock themselves in the penthouse, where a crazy (you can tell because there are newspaper clippings all over the walls) but organized (if the clippings weren’t enough of a plot device, there’s a tape machine) mad scientist was conducting experiments on a zombie… who is… STILL IN THE APARTMENT OH MY GOD AND it kills them both and that’s the end.

Sweet movie, though

I didn't catch what that scientist was doing to a possessed child, then becomes a zombie. If the camera would of stopped long enough to read some of the newspaper clippings, probably would of made more sense. This is one of those movies, you could watch again. IMDB explains its, but what's the fun in that.
    Oh shit no, I thought you meant a Thing in the Chernoble-movie-craptacular trailer. I watched over and over mumbling "WHERE'S THE THING!?"

Yes, the thing in [REC] was awesome.

lol sorry for the mixup!

Still Subjective
    Trying to watch REC. Taking a break half way through. God I hate shaky Cam.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

No kidding, I found it pretty horrible on the shaky cam at times. That's why I can't say its a great movie, its a good movie, not great, IMO. The ending helped make up for it a bit.

Still Subjective
    It was OK. The ending was alright. I was expecting something more than a build up and quick scare. It ended pretty abruptly.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Still Subjective
    Okay, seems I missed the last minute or so, so I hadn't seen the tall thin thing. It was a bit freaky but just okay. I guess it's not the kind of thing that scares me.

I'll wait till it comes out on red box if I even see it then. I figure I will be so disappointed by a good concept with the same tired gimmics as every other horror lately that I may just skip it unless there is some good buzz. Damn slasher flicks for introducing the same ploding pick them off one by one. I blame Halloween which was okay but set the formula. Before that at least the slasher was about breaking mores in such a horrible way that it DID horrify you and leave you a bit stunned. The Hostel movies tried to harken back but just more grotesquery doesn't quite do it. Not that I ever liked the slasher anyway but I figure Chernoble will be a combination of the then there was one less formula of The Hills Have Eyes.

The horror I liked best of late was Incidious. Even the ground it recovered was done so well it made you jump. Plus the demon was so very odd it was disconcerting. I don't think anyone here commented on it last I mentioned it so it was like a polite silence. I don't care. I liked it.

Still Subjective
    I'll look out for it.

You know, I may be drunk off my ass, and I say that as maybe the sun will come up in the morn, but the horror Frailty had the best concept, particularly how it began. How would you deal with your loving father if he came to you one night and said he had to kill demons in the guise of humans and not only had God had chosen him but you had to help him kill. Bill Paxton saying "your not a demon are you?" was so creepy. It beat hell out of most horror films. I loved it. It had a Hollywood twist ending but that was done okay. I still liked how it started and if it had stayed on that track it would have been better but as it ran it was nearly as good. Some might think better but for me nothing beats crazy dad trying to convince you he is right in brutal killing.