TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

The metal track is an old remake by the Swedish band Machinae Supremacy, it can be downloaded from their website.
    I also recommend their three SIDology tracks.

Machinae Supremacy - The origin of SID-metal

I mentioned both of these in other threads, but...

iControlPad2

I'm very tempted to pitch in for this, despite not owning a single bluetooth device at this point in time.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rce-controller

Pro Pinball (!!!)

This is what made me register a Kickstarter account (until then I'd only chipped in to ones with PayPal options). I've wanted to see the Pro Pinball tables updated for years (mostly to get all the physics enhancements of the later games into the earlier ones, but also to get around some of the issues playing them on modern PCs); so this is one of my dream remakes, and supporting it was a no-brainer.

That said, I don't really agree with the pledge/reward levels they've come up with -- it strikes me as too much like final retail prices, given that they're asking people to fund the development. I also suspect their timeline is naively aggressive for the number of platforms they're intending to support, unless they've already done a heap of work to those ends. I'll be a little surprised if this one succeeds to be honest, but if not then I'm hoping they make another attempt, and that they can make it happen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...and-remastered

Ah, that's more like it. The latest Pro Pinball update has added some saner prices for getting all 5 tables.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d/posts/313133

$20 for iOS/Android; $30 for PC. That's much better than the $35 and $50 they listed at initially.

My first kick is Brainworth, which isn't strictly a game - it's a startup that wants to build a platform for educational games. I've actually been working with these guys on a casual basis since the start of the year, so there's a bit of a vested interest there... I'm also working on one of their demos through uni (the Animacules game, if you check out the page).

I would have backed Planetary Annihilation, but they got funded before I found out about them .

Level 10,000 achieved

I DONE CAUGHT THE KICKSTARTER BUG

Successfully helping get Giana Sisters and Distance backed has driven me MAAAAD WITH POWER. Just backed Sui Generis after seeing the new combat video, and also backed 30 games by a bunch of weirdoes - crazy pipedream edition!

Everyone should join me and help make OUR DREAM of ME PLAYING THESE GAMES come true TODAY!

Only thing I kickstarted wasn't even a game. It was Dino Stamatopoulos' (creative genius behind the immortal Moral Orel and Frankenhole, and voice of Drinky Crow) new stop motion animation project. He, and his new studio, are masters of this and I have high expectations.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Ah man Moral Orel, the show I had to stop watching because it was hitting too close to home.

I contributed $40 to the Kickstarter for Star Citizen shortly before it ended. Normally I'm not one to pre-order or throw money at a project far in advance of release, but Chris Roberts has enough industry experience that I trust he can get it done, and the team already has a fair amount of content to show off.

Hopefully it'll end up being like Eve, but with combat that goes deeper than point and click.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

It's gonna be more like an actual game. Unlike Eve, which is MS Excel with a space skin.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    It's gonna be more like an actual game. Unlike Eve, which is MS Excel with a space skin.
    I try to be kind to Eve as I enjoyed my time playing it and it really has done some unique things, but yeah, it doesn't really play like a game so much as a number crunching simulator. Combining that level of detail in its universe and economy with good dogfighting mechanics could make for a very fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Ah man Moral Orel, the show I had to stop watching because it was hitting too close to home.
    When I drinking real bad, that dad, Clay, was frighteningly similar to myself. Well, except I don't beat my daughter with a belt (or at all for that matter).

I would be kicking Prison Architect, if the only payment method wasn't PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    You know, I used to mock Eve for that too, until I sank a few timeless evenings into Patrician 3. I finally quit when I looked at my desk in horror and realized I actually made spreadshoots and postit notes to keep track of the various town needs, what each ship's trade routes/goods were, and my long-term building strategies for each town.

Now, if only I could be this motivated with real life :|

Lol. About the last time I did something like that was when I used to draw maps on paper for Phantasy Star 1 a few years ago. For some games the old fashioned pen and paper does wonders. That or having an ipad handy I guess.

Supported my very first KickStarter project today - 22cans'/Peter Molyneux's Godus. Effectively, Populous Revisited.

I'm looking forward to Silverball's second attempt at Kickstarting Pro Pinball. They said they've decided to start smaller, and (I think sensibly) will attempt a campaign for a remake of just "Timeshock!", and hopefully that will pave the way for the rest, and for the new table.

Although each of the existing tables is considered the best by different fans, I believe more people feel that way about "Timeshock!" than any of the others, so it's surely the best choice. I've always considered it a masterpiece, so I really hope that they can get people behind the new campaign, whenever it happens.

I've also pledged for:

* Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse
    * Interstellar Marines: Prologue
    * Limit Theory

Broken Sword and Limit Theory are both funded (the latter with three weeks still remaining). Interstellar Marines has obviously failed, but I liked the look of it, so I hope they'll find a way to keep going (the world needs more games featuring Terri Brosius, after all).

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I'm hoping that Pro Wrestling X makes it.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is looking great. Very Stalker-ish.

I gave a one-man indie developer a wake up call regarding Kickstarter.

RE: Star Citizen:-

Oh hell yes, addon ships purchased within the next 12 months qualify for lifetime insurance! (Provided that you backed the project before Nov 26th.)

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.co...aq-and-update/

I'm debating over what to choose out of the Freelancer and the Hornet.

MISC Freelancer ready to fly (High-end ship focused more for trade and exploration)
    Anvil Aerospace Hornet ready to fly (High-end ship focused towards dogfighting/combat)
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 27th Nov 2012 at 11:01.

This is a non-gaming kickstarter, but I think some people here might be interested:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ic-documentary

It's a documentary on 80's and 90's guitar bands, specifically the Cocteau Twins, Jesus & Mary Chain, and My Bloody Valentine. It has interviews with tons of musicians who were influenced by them (I actually just found out about this yesterday because Medicine posted it on facebook).

PC Gamering Smartey Man

A Kevin Shields fan? GET OUT

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    i got one word for you: basshunter

PC Gamering Smartey Man

He likes that dirge too? Fucking Christ

I like the first Cocteau Twins album (Treasure) and JAMC, but I've never been that big on MBV. Some of the bands that have claimed them as a primary influence are great though (i.e. the aforementioned Medicine or Lovesliescrushing).

I stumbled upon kicktraq the other day, which is pretty good for getting an idea of how the funding of a particular project is going.

Here's one of the GODUS charts:

And Elite Dangerous:

Not looking too promising for Braben and Molyneux at the moment.

Still Subjective
    There will be a Goddus demo soon, no?

I hope so, they've got 3 days left.

Edit: Here's the prototype video uploaded today. Not too shabby for a few weeks work.

from 22Cans on Vimeo.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast