TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122

Thread: What are you kicking?

El Shagmeister
    Whelp, I backed the sequel to Sunless Skies, and the 3rd and final part of The Banner Saga 'cuz shit's awesome, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Ama's Lullaby launched recently. Bladerunner-ish adventure game set in a cyberpunk world. I would likely not play it, but I'm sure many would.
    Many would, but not enough -_- Just need 200 or 300 backers more... Siiiigh...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MercyGround View Post
    Just need 200 or 300 backers more... Siiiigh...
    Good luck with the project - the art style looks nicely atmospheric. It looks ambitious, particularly as a part-time game by one person but at least the timescale for the prologue (i.e the game being backed at this stage) looks reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Good luck with the project - the art style looks nicely atmospheric. It looks ambitious, particularly as a part-time game by one person but at least the timescale for the prologue (i.e the game being backed at this stage) looks reasonable.
    Thank you, glad you like it! If it gets funded, I plan to reduce my day-job time to the minimum, because as you say, I'll have a lot of work.

Plus that's the preferable way to live. Doing the work you love, compared to just one that brings in the $$$. Best of luck.

Thing What Kicks
    Haven't backed anything in a while, but am still waiting on:
    Divinity Original Sin 2
    Underworld Ascendant
    STRAFE
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Values (not sure if I can really say I'm waiting for this; the amount of monetisation they've been pushing even before release makes even Star Citizen look angelic.)
    Maia
    And...
    Grandroids, the very first thing I backed on Kickstarter. Hipster mode: I back something on Kickstarter before Kickstarter was popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Values (not sure if I can really say I'm waiting for this; the amount of monetisation they've been pushing even before release makes even Star Citizen look angelic.)
    I supported that on a relatively low level (just about enough to get the game), but at this point I've almost forgotten that I ever did pledge. It's a shame: Ultima is one of my favourite series ever, and I would love to see some kind of spiritual successor that actually ticks those boxes that are important for me. I've yet to see anything concerning Shroud of the Avatar that suggests this could be it; the most favourable thing I can say is that what they're doing is more of a successor to Ultima Online, which I'm simply not all that interested in. I briefly played the test version that was available publicly a couple of weeks ago, but even considering that it's not even close to release, the game struck me as a charmless mess that feels like someone ate an Ultima manual and is now throwing up individual chunks (moongates! virtues! housing!) with little rhyme or reason. Some people say that it gets better after the starting area, but if the first impression is this bad I don't particularly feel like putting in more time to get past all the crap.

Backed Blasphemous. Has a nice Castlevania-ish feel to it. As well as just general good 2D pixel art-ness.

Backed Pathfinder - Kingmaker. Very Pillars of Eternity-ish / Baldurs Gate kinda game. Always a fan of those types of games.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122