TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you kicking?

Southquarter.com/fms
    Don't get too discouraged Alex - I don't know if I agree on the "meh, stealth" thing. It seems like a lot of modern games try to incorporate a stealth feature these days. I think if anything people aren't sure what to make of the "abstractness" and/or avant garde aspect of your game. I think it looks great, but for the mainstream Bioshock Infinite crew, I think it might be a bit too much for them to process. Once its out, hopefully some reviews and word of mouth will change that.

Ah yeah, I should've put it as "Meh, pure stealth". It's a bumpy road but I think we'll get there.
    Once we are released, I'm expecting us to get a far better reception. The main problems in selling us are, as you said the abstractness - people either off-put or expecting it to be in lieu of a focus on gameplay, or are put off by the whole "ambitious first time project thing". Once we're released and reviews say otherwise, I'm sure I'll see a Minecraft level of sales.
    well, maybe not that good.....

In regards to
    ...in fact one of the most common bits of feedback I get is "meh, stealth".
    I just want to pitch in and say I completely <3 stealth!
    Last edited by Caradavin; 5th Aug 2013 at 20:20. Reason: thank you =D

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Congratulations.

Backed. This looks too good not to get funded. *Fingers crossed*

Southquarter.com/fms
    As Eva predicted, 7 Days To Die got funded. Man, they got that last 100K or so in just a few days, that was quick.

Tangiers was stagnant for a while, but it's had a little surge recently. With only a week to go, they're only about $5K away from their goal. Chips in folks if you haven't already.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

RE: Shadow of the Eternals - Eternal Darkness spiritual successor

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...the-eternals-0
    This relaunched crowdfunding campaign is sounded much better than before, they've taken on board the community's criticisms. For one they're no longer doing an episodic format; the game will be a complete narrative, that spans 8-10 hours.

Based on the player's actions in the "modern day" narrative framing bits, you could playing as an entirely different character during the "historical flashback" chapters. I approve of these sort of ambitions.

A PS4 port is one of the stretch goals.

Here's a good E3 presentation:-

David Hayter as Paul Becker

Paul Becker will be voiced by the incredibly talented David Hayter . David was the voice of Solid Snake in the critically acclaimed Metal Gear Solid series and also did voice acting in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Confronting the violent chaos surrounding the bloodiest massacre in Louisiana state history, Detective Paul Becker is faced with a bizarre mystery that threatens far more than the peace of Pleasant Hill, and casts him headlong into the darkest abysses of his own psyche. The shadows emerging from the carnage only force more questions, particularly about himself and the loss of his wife.

Combat System Details

Paul Caporicci has a video where we go into more details on the combat system. This system is tactical, based on historically accurate weapons and contextually based on the character you are playing. Since we are still in pre-production, this video is comprised of pre-visualizations and concept art which is not representative of final art. For a more accurate representation of the visuals please see our walkthrough video. Hope you enjoy the video and let us know your feedback in the comments.

Enemy Design Initiative

Have you ever wanted to design enemies for the games you play? Well here is your chance. Precursor Games is proud to announce that we have started our next community content initiative. Check out the video tutorial on how to create enemies for Shadow of the Eternals and let your creative juices flow!

Please join the Order of the Unseen by pledging to our Kickstarter that can be found here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...the-eternals-0

We had a great start raising over $180,000 but we have a long way to go. Help spread the word, check out our Kickstarter page, and together we can make this game a reality!

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    As a fan of Metroid and someone very happy for the resurgence in Metroid style games that aren't Castlevania, I have to say, I'm really interested in Ghost Song. I hope they make the last $4000 they need.

Thanks for the heads up Deth. I'll be pitching in for that one next pay day.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Paul Caporicci has a video where we go into more details on the combat system. This system is tactical, based on historically accurate weapons and contextually based on the character you are playing.
    Oh, sounds promising... [video with pointless swinging and the usual unrealistic combat moves] ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's wrong. Why do people actually say something like "it's a system that is [...] historically accurate" when they have no idea about history in this specific case? Heck, I wish with the CLANG kickstarter project and the two magazine articles earlier this year it would have become known that most weapon-related combat shown in TV and video games is merely flynning on steroids.

Alex: I could imagine it's the combination of pure stealth and sheer weirdness that's putting some people off, sadly. The former is definitely not mainstream, and the latter so quickly is deemed to be 'pretentious'. Here's hoping you'll make it anyway! *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    Why do people actually say something like "it's a system that is [...] historically accurate" when they have no idea about history in this specific case?
    I believe the quote you included in your post stated "historically accurate weapons". I.e. "a sword from the correct period" rather than king arthur wielding a katana or something. Not "people having ultra realistic sword fights".

Nobody wants to do accurate sword fighting because it's brutal, quick and no fun at all. Realistic swordfights would be niche in the same way hardcore tactical shooters are, except even more so (since at least with a tac shooter you can still do stuff by simply "pointing the noisy end at enemy").

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Shadow of the Eternals is currently no. 2 on Greenlight.

Lastly awesome artwork below.

Artistic Vision Showcased

Indie developer Precursor Games revealed today a video montage conveying the depth and beauty of the artwork set within its upcoming action-adventure game steeped in psychological horror, Shadow of the Eternals, currently on Kickstarter. Comprised of sweeping vistas, dungeons, horrific characters, and highly detailed backgrounds, the newly released video illustrates the breadth of time and locations that the player will travel to as well as the vast landscapes and environments of each era.

Moderator and Priest
    Octopus City Blues.

I'd explain it, but the trailer on the page would do a far better job of that than I would. I'll just say it's cool in that way mid-late 90's PC games were cool and leave it at that.

Yeah, I've jumped on that one too, Renz. It looks fabulously weird.

Oh that actually looks hella awesome. Games like this make me wish I was more into adventure games :/

verbose douchebag
    Sort of off-topic, but because I'm bored: http://mashable.com/2009/02/19/josh-...bum-promotion/

Josh Freese album price reward tiers - very amusing.

A little nostalgia but, The Mysterious Cities of Gold second season has been created and released in French (after 30 years), and they are making a game for it.

The kickstarter is to get a PC and English language version made along with other languages subtitled, as the original product was to be French only and available on the Wii U, 3DS and iPad.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...the-video-game

Moderator and Priest
    Aww, man. Mysterious Cities of Gold. That is awesome.

We didn't have cable running out to my house when I was a kid, so the only chances I ever got to watch it were when I'd go spend the day at my uncles, aunts, or grandparents houses. I'd always want to see it, but I only rarely ever caught it. Best I could do was hope it'd come on at some point during the day while I was there. No matter how much I hoped I'd catch it, I only ever managed to luck out 3 or 4 times.

...I need to download a copy of the series one day and fulfill one of my childhood wishes.

Alex, Tangiers looks incredible. Honestly, it looks more interesting to me than any other upcoming game right now (or anything released in the last decade). I'm looking forward to it.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Another one for you, Shadowcat.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ltra-edition-0

I wondered why it's from a different studio than the last Kickstarter and found the answer here.

Cubed3: Please could you first of all provide our readers with some background information on FUSE Games and why it changed to Silverball?

Adrian Barritt: Silverball Studios was recently acquired by Barnstorm Games, a company run by Simon Jeffrey who was also a founder of Empire Interactive, who originally funded and published the Pro Pinball games.

I've just backed this and if I'm honest, it's largely because of how awesome the pixel art is.

Last day for the Pro Pinball Timeshock campaign. I am SO stoked to see this one succeed. I just hope that the mobile market catches on to this, because I imagine that success in that arena would go a huge way to ensuring the future of Pro Pinball.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    I've just backed this and if I'm honest, it's largely because of how awesome the pixel art is.
    Ha! You beat me to it.

The art style reminds me of the Oasis games for the Genesis and Saturn with a strong Superbrothers pixel art styling. You can't go wrong with that mix. And the gameplay? It's dead on awesome looking. A combination of Zelda style exploration and puzzle solving with Diablo-like swarms of enemies and a reliance on skillsets? Oh man...

Hell, I'm sold. Have some of my money, crazy awesome people.

Chakat sex pillow
    Thanks, AD! That is so getting backed by me. Absolutely beautiful. And the trailer music is by Baths, who's a crazy English dude, but he does disturbed nuance with a poet's skill. They should get him in on soundtrack duties, too.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast