TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Need help on Sliding on/off switch

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Need help on Sliding on/off switch

Hi, I am using a sliding on/off switch but I want the lever in the off postion when game starts.
    I am controlling a fnordlock, so I have AnimS-Reverse and Joint1AnimS-Reverse. I have Joint 1 postion set to 0.70 I got this info from miss11-Return to the Cathedral. I am not sure what to do to get the lever starting in the Off position.

Thanks for any help.

It should already start in the off position, as should any lever.

AFAIK "AnimS [None]" means that the lever is in "off"-position, since "AnimS [On]" makes it go to its "on"-position.

Thanks guys, I will write this in my notebook. The switch actually did start in the off position, but I messed with it long enough to create a boat anchor out of it.

Another question

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Thanks guys, I will write this in my notebook. The switch actually did start in the off position, but I messed with it long enough to create a boat anchor out of it.
    One more question not related to this: I have 8 keys that have to be collected to complete an objective, but I know from experience not to mess with key scripts. Is there another way, perhaps s r's ? using a button, and require all trap?

I guess you can't use "TrigWorldFrob" since this would interfer with "StdKey" (due to "Frob Info -> World [Script]"). What about "TrigContained" and linking each key to RAT?

Thankyou Steffen, that worked perfectly even though contained links already existed, as all 8 are on thieves belts.

I think that would be because it is triggered by the "Contained" message, not by having a Contains link. I suspect that the pre-existing Contains links don't generate "Contained" messages when the mission starts.

well,it was fine for the objective, but trigcontained destroyed all 8 of my keys. If I find a solution to the problem, I will post it here. no script other than stdkey will work on keys. I will experiment with s&r's.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 8th Jun 2012 at 23:00.

You might try using TrigWorldFrob on the keys instead, and link them all to a RAT linked to a QVTrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You might try using TrigWorldFrob on the keys instead, and link them all to a RAT linked to a QVTrap.
    Hi Russ, Well I actually did that last week, and it destroyed all 8 of my keys. The objective triggers fine, but it renders the keys useless to the locks they open. I am trying s&r's now, and will report my results. This is a lesson to be learned for me anyway," never mess with keys"

S&R's worked beautifully. Make a stim for each key. Place the source on the key, and use:shape data>Frob in the World. Place each stim on Garrett as a Receptron, and as he frobs the key from a belt or such, will frob a blue room button--Cd--->Rat--->QvarTrap =1:goal_state_x I have 8 keys needed to satisfy an objective
    Last edited by darthsLair; 9th Jun 2012 at 00:37.

When you added TrigWorldFrob, did you set Don't Inherit to true?

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    When you added TrigWorldFrob, did you set Don't Inherit to true?
    When I did that, the StdKey script nolonger worked. It destroyed the use of the keys. I had to remake them. The s&rs are reliable and use less objects too. They are ideal for use with keys.

Been a while, not sure why i stopped dromed. Would stdbutton script work on the keys? Link that to a RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Midnight View Post
    Been a while, not sure why i stopped dromed. Would stdbutton script work on the keys? Link that to a RAT
    The problem with buttons, is that the ai will frob them, or anything with the button script.