TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First few seconds of the unreleased Thief 4 cinimatic!?

First few seconds of the unreleased Thief 4 cinimatic!?

Hey all, was reading an article on Kotaku today about how Itís Time to Start Worrying About Thief 4 . After looking at the thread they made reference to this site Eric HP Wong's Portfolio as the place to see the unreleased trailer footage for Thief 4, at least 20 seconds of it. So seeing as this is big news I came here to see if anyone had commented on it since this is the Thief site I think of first for anything Thief related.

So here it is, for me I liked most of what it showed except for Garrets new look but everything else looked pretty tight. Although I could see the new look on a Younger Garret, like when he first started out after leaving the Keepers and before he became really cynical

EDIT Version 6.2
    They edited it out of the Reel, but you can still watch the part in a link below. Thanks to van HellSing.
    The Music is Not from the game or the demo reel, Master Taffer included it, van uploaded it, just the original song from Eric Brosius.

http://www.megashare.com/4324630
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21843204/thiaf.wmv
    http://www.badongo.com/vid/2090687
    http://www.crocko.com/57E95E1E7F2947...BAE8/thiaf.wmv

And one more Thanks to Brethren

http://www.southquarter.com/thiaf.wmv

WhiteFantom on a different thread found this, and its with the original demo reel music.
    Article in link also contains leaked Thief 4 concept art that reinforces that the cinematic is the real deal.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/14/le...-like-thief-4/

Some things that have been pointed out about the video so far, if you haven't seen the video consider these the cliff notes.

~Dark atmosphere not Blue
    ~More Anime style, not traditional
    ~Still Gritty
    ~FMV's most likely CGI, probably won't get the traditional moving painting FMV's.
    ~Setting is after the events of last game (New Flashbomb, New Bow, Fancier Cloths)
    ~Garret has both a Hoody, and a nin... err bandit mask (Apparently, can be debated)
    ~Garret IS in the game (Unless that's someone else that looks remarkable similar to him when he smiles)

~Game FMV focuses on Preparation, casing the joint, lockpicking, archery, and fleeing from guard's (Not fighting) while dropping what seems to be a new version Flashbang.

After reading over the thread and 20 seconds of video that's what I've surmised so far.
    Last edited by Vancore; 17th Jun 2012 at 12:53.

I saw it too.That bow looked kinda weird,i would have preferred a normal bow.
    The video looks a lot like the storyboard art released a while ago.

Taken down already.

I have it.I could post in on youtube but i'm afraid it could be taken down there as well.

That was fast, I still have it up on a different tab but when I reload it on a different page its gone although surprisingly that footage has been up since August of 2011, and as Soon as someone posts it up as some of the footage from Thief 4 cinematic it amazingly disappears in a few hours. HA, I do believe its a winner, and someone big just noticed but that's pretty reasonable. Kotaku is probably a site a lot of advertising game companies visit to look for unauthorized footage to take down.

Could take what you got, just cut out the Thief 4 part and throw it up on Youtube, maybe just get a take it down letter or it just disappears or something. I own a webpage too, maybe I'll host it for awhile...

And yea, that bow looked a bit too modern like, then again it is steampunk, and he is a Thief, so a bow like that would be easier to conceal and would fit the setting just as much as a mechanical eye would.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancore View Post
    That was fast, I still have it up on a different tab but when I reload it on a different page its gone although surprisingly that footage has been up since August of 2011, and as Soon as someone posts it up as some of the footage from Thief 4 cinematic it amazingly disappears in a few hours. HA, I do believe its a winner, and someone big just noticed but that's pretty reasonable. Kotaku is probably a site a lot of advertising game companies visit to look for unauthorized footage to take down.

Could take what you got, just cut out the Thief 4 part and throw it up on Youtube, maybe just get a take it down letter or it just disappears or something. I own a webpage too, maybe I'll host it for awhile...

And yea, that bow looked a bit too modern like, then again it is steampunk, and he is a Thief, so a bow like that would be easier to conceal and would fit the setting just as much as a mechanical eye would.
    Please do host it 'cos I haven't seen it!

Or, if anyone else has it please pm me.

Arrrrrrghhhh I missed it too! Dammit all to Hades!

Looks like the demo reel is up again at http://erichpwong.wix.com/demoreel#!gallery but without the Thief 4 footage.

Oh, this is so frustrating! Surely someone can share this somehow?

Thanks.
    Don't like the bow either, otherwise rather nice but nothing compared to the classiness of Rust Monkey's originals.

Thank you, Van Helsing.

The Main Protagonist must be Garrett, Ive seen his scar and his beard stubbles in the video.

Ya changed the Music, but yea that was it.

I so totally laughed when I saw that they cut the start out when they put the file back up.

What was Seen Cannot be unseen, at least not on the internet.

I think you can also see painted fingernails in 0:17. Perhaps there are two characters to play, Garrett and his female padawan?!?

That hallway where the guards are running reminded me of Dark Mod

The music is not me, I got the file from Master Taffer over at the Eidos beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I think you can also see painted fingernails in 0:17. Perhaps there are two characters to play, Garrett and his female padawan?!?
    And then they fight on who got the most loot

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Could be, it seems to me that Garret is wearing Two different hoodies, one that looks like the original, and the other looks more assassinish, as it covers the lower face. Kinda hard to tell with it being dark and now kinda smudged looking. Not even sure if their painted fingernails, just may be light reflecting off em.

Check out 0:21, do you see Garrett, or someone else?

0:13 is definitely Garrett smiling though.
    Last edited by Vancore; 13th Jun 2012 at 20:18.

I LOVE THE BOW !!!!!!!!!

Its like the bows straight out of the might and magic series. lololol

It looks as if we have ourselves something here...

1) The protagonist is Garrett...This can easily be deduced by the scar on his right eye. Although the scar has been incorrectly exaggerated, presumably due to the influence of the misguided representation from TDS.

Garrett in the game is of course a positive sign.

2) T4 will indeed be a sequel and not a prequel...as it can plainly be seen that Garrett is at least in his 30's...and at the end of TDS, Garrett was around 30 years old.

Having it be a sequel is indeed another positive sign, as this gives a desired coherence and added value to the THIEF Universe as a whole.

3) This cut-scene shows the use of a bow...albeit an all too modern looking composite bow at that. This aside, knowing that the bow will make a return, (rather than a rumored grappling hook or other such nonsense) is welcome, as it is one of the core armaments (blackjack, sword, bow) that compliment true THIEF gameplay.

Of course, the above statements are only true if this cut-scene clip accurately reflects the current project.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancore View Post
    Not even sure if their painted fingernails, just may be light reflecting off em.
    All I see is dirty finger nails. That bow looks high powered to me, hey the man has to keep up with the times.

those dumb fucking anime shaped fingers, arms, shoulders, head. all of which are super narrow and weird looking.

I thought this quote from the Kotaku article was interesting though:

An Eidos Montreal level designer mentions having "Designed the last level of the game."
    I know games aren't always designed in chronological order, but this does indeed sound promising. It's strange though, not sure what to make of it, but check out the guy's resume. He went from:

3 months in 2008 - QA Tester for Tomb Raider Underworld

to

2008-2010 - Junior Level Designer, designed the Tai Yong Medical levels in DXHR. That's a pretty huge leap in responsibility!

to

2010 - 2012 - Level Designer, designed the last level of Thief 4. Talk about climbing the corporate ladder quickly!

I'm not knocking the guy at all, don't know anything about him, but it seems kind of odd that he went from a QA Tester to a level designer for two consecutive AAA titles. Bizarre. I always thought that any of EM's job postings had always required several years of gaming experience within the industry.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/fabien-morisson/9/303/650

I just love having more questions than answers.

I dig it. Would be nice if it didn't have that generic demo reel music over top, but still... I really liked the vibe. His hood's a little bit wonky and... ninja-ish? But whatever. Still practical.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast