TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strife Campaign Released 17 June 2012 (Updated to V1c)

Strife Campaign Released 17 June 2012 (Updated to V1c)

Delete those old Strife FMs. Here is the Strife Campaign--11 missions all wrapped up in one tidy package (only 83 MBs).

It's in English, German, and Polish. A Russian version is still in the works and will be delivered soon. I tried to get other translations done, but got no responses.

Thanks to Gloria Creep and bob_doe_nz for going through the missions for me. I also went through and fixed a ton of things.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 3rd Jul 2012 at 09:22. Reason: Updated zip file

Thanx, Ricebug - real good excuse to play all of them again

Thanks, Ricebug!

Having trouble with my PC at the moment, but look forward to playing soon. I always enjoy your missions and had a blast testing for you!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congrats, Terry! This is a huge achievement getting all these wrapped up in a campaign package with fixes and improvements.

Clearinghouse
    Congrats Ricebug!

Fine! Downloading!

Downloaded! Thanks a bunch Ricebug!

Congrats

Cool, I'll update the Keep with this.

Curious, what are the 15 mis files if there are 11 missions?

EDIT - After checking Titles.str, I see that a few maps are "repeats" where, presumably, some things change to advance the story, but they don't fairly count as a whole new map. So, while the game advances through 14 maps, there are really only 11 different maps, and one "ending" map. Interesting way to approach the original, and probably the best way to do it.
    Last edited by Komag; 18th Jun 2012 at 09:29.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Yes, that's why I call it an 11-mission series, as there are a few transition missions that provide a bit more realistic movement as you progress through the thing.

Mirrors updated:

StrifeC_V1c.zip
    StrifeC_V1c.zip
    Last edited by Komag; 3rd Jul 2012 at 17:34.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Hallelujah! I was itching for some new Thief FMs!

blackjack in strife campaign?

I have been looking for one in this first part, not finding one.

any hints?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

In Normal, you have the BJ at the beginning. On Hard, you have to find it in the first mission. On Expert, it comes along later.

blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    In Normal, you have the BJ at the beginning. On Hard, you have to find it in the first mission. On Expert, it comes along later.

I am still looking. any hint on the armoire in the house of the armorer? there is a passage behind it.

Also, for the doors that cannot be picked, are there keys somewhere? does this 1st mission follow the original 1st part that came out before?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am still looking. any hint on the armoire in the house of the armorer? there is a passage behind it.
    Also, for the doors that cannot be picked, are there keys somewhere? does this 1st mission follow the original 1st part that came out before?
    In the armorer's place, check under the painting.

Once you get to the priestess' area (there are 2 combat bots there), you'll find the BJ in a footlocker.

If the door makes a sound it has a key. No sound = no key/no pick. These are doors that lead to other missions/levels.

Don't expect the Strife storyline to be repeated. This is Garrett's version. I used a few names, but little else.

Walkthrough Now Available

I wrote a fresh walkthrough for the campaign. You grab it HERE.

Updated the link. You need to download the 2012 package. Nightwalker

Hey Ricebug I am enjoying the levels!! But came across a problem in Borderlands I get stuck in the transparent floor in the commons and had to load a save, also when I used the brass key it made the unlock sound but did not open??

Wowzers, downloading now, thanks a bunch Ricebug!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Hey Ricebug I am enjoying the levels!! But came across a problem in Borderlands I get stuck in the transparent floor in the commons and had to load a save, also when I used the brass key it made the unlock sound but did not open??
    Did you use the key on the lockbox?

The floor thing, I don't know. I think every beta-tester ran over it a million times. The only thing they complained about was Garrett would jump on it while walking. This is why I spread carpets throughout.

Ricebug yes I tried to open the door by the lockbox it makes the opening sound but it does not move and the door does not open?? As for the floor when I enter that area if I jump up and down I don't seem to get stuck but if I don't jump say when I move off the carpet He gets stuck. Most of the time I could get him outside. Could this be an enhance pack problem and if so I don't remember how to disable it.

Ricebug yes I tried to open the door by the lockbox it makes the opening sound but it does not move and the door does not open?? As for the floor when I enter that area if I jump up and down I don't seem to get stuck but if I don't jump say when I move off the carpet He gets stuck. Most of the time I could get him outside. Could this be an enhance pack problem and if so I don't remember how to disable it.
    Exactly the same here. Garrett can slowly walk (which feels rather like clumsy skating) inside but is unable to jump even an inch, and sometimes he gets stuck. Also, the brass key makes the lockbox click but neither moves its handle nor opens the door (nor ends the mission) -

csamba: I think to move on I am going to use the level skip. If you want to the keystrokes are ctrl,alt,shift,end. that will at least get you going for now!!

csamba: I think to move on I am going to use the level skip. If you want to the keystrokes are ctrl,alt,shift,end. that will at least get you going for now!!
    Of course I can do that, but I hoped Ricebug would be interested to look at it if it happens (at least) on two different configurations. I have just checked the original version (Strife 3, v1.4) and the brass key works perfectly fine there. Perhaps it preferred that weird red sky to the new one...

May be so I have found one other problem in this mission my broad heads do not work but all of the other arrows do??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast