TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strife Campaign Released 17 June 2012 (Updated to V1c)

I'd like to thank Ricebug for this amazing campaign. He did a stunning job. Good job ! Work with him was a real pleasure. I just HAD to return him my translated files just day after he sent me the original ones. I hope you will like this release just as I do. Again, thanks a lot, Terry, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Of course I can do that, but I hoped Ricebug would be interested to look at it if it happens (at least) on two different configurations. I have just checked the original version (Strife 3, v1.4) and the brass key works perfectly fine there. Perhaps it preferred that weird red sky to the new one...
    Can you send me your save game file and I'll have a look. I'll also check that broadhead thing. During testing it came up and I thought it was fixed. Worked fine, and then it happened again. Weird error that may be connected to the crossbow.

Send it to ricebug@cableone.net

Ok. I found the problem with the lockbox and fixed it. Since it's a level breaker, I've updated the zip file, which is HERE. Original post also updated.

I also checked the broadheads and they seem to work fine. If it persists, let me know exactly where you got the arrow--was it from an archer? Laying around the mission? Let me know. You'll immediately know if they're bad, as nothing will show up on your screen, but you'll still hear the string being drawn back.

As far as the "swimming" problem on the reflective floors, it's a hit-and-miss problem. You can hop up and down as normal until you cross one of the invisible seams between the floor objects. However, the carpet is a solid brush--you shouldn't be standing directly ON the floor. I got stuck twice, where Garrett can't jump, only "swim." Not much I can do here. The engine is being pushed beyond its intended design.

Thanks Ricebug enjoyed all the missions and for me using the level skip at the end of borderlands was no big deal! I appreciate all of your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Ok. I found the problem with the lockbox and fixed it. Since it's a level breaker, I've updated the zip file, which is HERE. Original post also updated.
    And here's another mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bkhcbi7rilohp49. Hope it helps to cut down the movement on a single site.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper M. View Post
    And here's another mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bkhcbi7rilohp49. Hope it helps to cut down the movement on a single site.
    A few missions ahead, in The Bailey where is the treasure key? According to the updated walkthrough the South building guard should have it - but he does not, his belt is empty. The shack key is also missing from the perimeter archer, perhaps because the "shack" is now open - but that locked spider box is an objective .
    Only the best missions are worth asking questions about all the details...

Mirrors updated:

StrifeC_V1c.zip
    StrifeC_V1c.zip
    Last edited by Komag; 3rd Jul 2012 at 17:34.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

A few missions ahead, in The Bailey where is the treasure key? According to the updated walkthrough the South building guard should have it - but he does not, his belt is empty. The shack key is also missing from the perimeter archer, perhaps because the "shack" is now open - but that locked spider box is an objective .
    The "shack" key is on this archer:

The Treasure Key is on this guard:

The "shack" key is on this archer:

The Treasure Key is on this guard:

Yes, these are the guards - but neither of them has anything on their belts I'm playing the campaign on Normal, btw.
    Another curiosity: on one occasion opening the time bolts footlocker remained silent - but picking up the already unconscious body of this second guard later (just to check whether the treasure key was hidden under his body, or perhaps he had swallowed it) suddenly completed the "Find Time Bolts" objective.
    This did not happen again: when replaying, the footlocker properly completed its objecive. However, still no key anywhere, any time...

Strange. I just went into Dromed and checked. Everything is as it should be. Keys are on the guards. Can you email me a save-game? I'm wondering if you may have a corrupted gen.osm. It should be 420 kb, with a date of 3/27/2000

Strange. I just went into Dromed and checked. Everything is as it should be. Keys are on the guards. Can you email me a save-game? I'm wondering if you may have a corrupted gen.osm. It should be 420 kb, with a date of 3/27/2000
    In the meantime I replayed the Bailey episode on Expert - and now the key is where it should be. It appears that this key went missing only on Normal (together with the guard who has it - the one in the same uniform I met and BJ'd in a dark passage was probably another person), but the spiderbox still remained locked.
    The "shack" key is missing on all levels, but it's OK because the shack is unlocked.

My gen.osm has the correct size and date. I'll try to create a new savegame and mail it you - I keep overwriting them while playing.
    By now I finished the whole campaign on Expert - there were no more glitches but pure amusement and visual pleasure. It's an amazing work!

I checked the keys for difficulty levels, and none are tagged for any, so I don't know what could be causing it. This never came up during testing. But still, send me the save-game.

I checked the keys for difficulty levels, and none are tagged for any, so I don't know what could be causing it. This never came up during testing. But still, send me the save-game.
    I did, a few hours ago.

I did, a few hours ago.
    And again today, zipped up.

I found the problem and fixed it. Updated file can be D/L'd HERE.

Mirrors updated:

StrifeC_V1c.zip
    StrifeC_V1c.zip
    Last edited by Komag; 3rd Jul 2012 at 17:34.

Bailey mission

I'm playing the last part of this wonderfulseries, I had blackjacked the clones....later in the mission, when I found the fire bolts, I could kill 2 of them, having the sphere to appear. Whenever I try to kill the other 2, I always get a crash to desktop. I tried drowning them with no effect............
    Edit to say I could kill the 3rd with my sword....the last one gives me the crash...........

Sorry to hear that. In the original mission, the player had no sword or BJ. Also, there were no other weapons in that level except for the 'time bolts.' That was done so that the player had no choice in how to kill the clones.

Unfortunately, with the campaign, it would have looked dumb to take away Garrett's sword and BJ toward the end of the campaign. So, really, you can use anything to kill the clones. I have no idea why the game would crash.

Want to do an Italian translation for it? I have half of the campaign already done in Italian.

Final Update

Strife has been updated to V1c. This will be the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm playing the last part of this wonderfulseries, I had blackjacked the clones....later in the mission, when I found the fire bolts, I could kill 2 of them, having the sphere to appear. Whenever I try to kill the other 2, I always get a crash to desktop. I tried drowning them with no effect............
    Edit to say I could kill the 3rd with my sword....the last one gives me the crash...........
    Maga,
    Why don't you try placing the unconscious bodies of all 4 clones next to each other at a suitable location, e.g., near the fountain? In this case one single time bolt is enough to turn them all into 4 cute little orange spheres at once... Just to check whether you get a crash this way .

Mirrors updated:

StrifeC_V1c.zip
    StrifeC_V1c.zip

Thanks for reworking this one, Ricebug !
    It is so much nicer to play it as a campaign and not having to load the missisons one by one.

Just for the records in case there would be another update
    I think there are 3 little bugs that I came across in V1c.

Mission 1 - Town :
    I am missing 49 loot here. There should be 4 GoldStacks and 4 SilverStacks on/near the gambling table in the Tavern. But I can find only 3 gold and 2 silver. Is it possible that these items are stuck in the wall or something ? I *think* the ids are 301, 302 & 303.

Mission 13 - Factory :
    I found 0/50 loot. There is a poisoned bottle of FineWine near the dead Hammerite in the Robot area. It can not be frobbed.

Mission 7 - Borderlands :
    The first two guards you run across are 2 archers at the very beginning of this level.
    Each has an arrow attached, which can not be picked.
    BUT, if you have 'Auto search bodys' enabled in the game-options, then you will get these arrows when frobbing the dead/unconscious bodies.
    The problem: if you do so, then you can not shoot regular arrows any more. They become useless and the bow does not show up.

That arrow bug is beyond me. It's the same setup for every other mission and they all work fine. I don't know why the Borderlands mission has the problem. Oh, well.

That arrow bug is beyond me. It's the same setup for every other mission and they all work fine. I don't know why the Borderlands mission has the problem. Oh, well.
    You might want to ask Digi about that. I recall a similar problem when we were testing Mission X.

Thanks, Ricebug. Nice work!