TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Strife Campaign Released 17 June 2012 (Updated to V1c)

Found a bug that may be new dark related. I am in the baily and have hit the 4 guys with time arrows. I can get to the entrance to borderlands and nothing happens. The objective to get the time arrows never ticked off. Why didn't it tick when I opened the chest and got them??

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    As far as I can see, there's no trigger to complete the goal with the time bolts after taking it. This should trigger at the end of the mission.
    Please upload a savegame near the end.

Here is the link to the quick save at the end of mission: https://drive.google.com/file/d/156L...ew?usp=sharing

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Thanks. The WelcomeRoom isn't working as expected, so hit ctrl+alt+end to jump to the next mission

dml to fix the mission

Code:
    DML1//Strife Campaign: The Bailey. Final Objective
    //miss27.mis.dml

+ObjProp 569 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigRoomPlayer
    }

+ObjProp 44 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_1
    }
    +ObjProp 44 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +Link 320 44 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 47 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_4
    }
    +ObjProp 47 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +Link 569 47 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 320 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigUnlock
    }

Thanks Unna. But how do I use this file? Copy to notepad and save? Then change to .dml and use it or what?

Hope this makes sense!

dml's must ONLY be used with FMsel or NewDarkloader and ONLY placed in the FMsel mission folder, if you place either in the mission zip or in your main thief folder you may well break your Thief game meaning you may have to completely re-install that game. Do NOT use them if playing via Darkloader YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

To save it correctly, save the file name as: miss.xxx.mis.dml (where xxx is the number of the dml shown on the top line of the code) and Save as type: All Files.

Next simply pop the dml into your FMsel mission folder, that is usually found C:Games/Thief/FM's/mission name.

Finally you can not use old saves with dml's, so you will need to restart the mission from the beginning.

PS. Windows usually save the dml file in your downloads folder for some reason. Find it there and move it to your Thief2/FMs/strife folder.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Dml files can also be placed in the mod path, same place that something like the EP or t2skies would go. From the New Dark docs:

// The location of the dml files can be:
    // A) in the same place as the mission files, which is either the base dir (or in "load_path", but base
    // dir has precedence), or an FM dir if it contains missions (othwerwise if will fall back to base dir)
    // B) in a mod_path:ed (or uber_mod_path:ed) dir
    Also, I found this a little confusing:

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    To save it correctly, save the file name as: miss.xxx.mis.dml (where xxx is the number of the dml shown on the top line of the code) and Save as type: All Files.
    The docs actually say this:

// To apply a dbmod to a specific mission file, create a dml named the same as the .mis file with an added
    // .dml extension, for example "miss1.mis.dml". To have a dbmod applied to all missions, create a dml file
    // named "miss_all.dml".
    So with a mission file named miss20.mis, the dml would be miss20.mis.dml.

All of this is untesetd btw, it's just the way I'm reading it.
    Last edited by Brethren; 13th Apr 2018 at 17:56.

Thanks a bunch! I will use the file and thanks again for the help and instructions.

@ Brethren

I've never actually read the New Dark docs, but both Voodoo and Unna have been very specific that dml's should never be placed in your original Thief folder. Although you can do so initially and yes they will work, you may find that you already have a number of dml's in your Thief folder, so 2 dml's with the same number may cause a conflict, causing problems further on down the line as you bung up your thief folder with unnecessary files. And once installed you won't know which ones to remove vs which ones are essential.

By placing them solely in your Thief2/FM/mission folder they remain there for exclusive use with that individual FM, without any risk.

As for the line:-

I said it that way as Unna always includes a line such as:-
    DML1//Strife Campaign: The Bailey. Final Objective
    //miss27.mis.dml

at the top of the dml code that she posts, so I'm referring in this case to miss27.mis.dml

No dml produced for a specific FM has ever had or is likely to have a dml code miss_all.dml
    Last edited by fortuni; 13th Apr 2018 at 23:43.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm just saying a dml can go into the mod folder. You're right though, with mission specific dmls, you would have to do a lot of switching back and forth to use that directory, so it wouldn't make sense. But with something like the no spiders mod, you wouldn't want to have to put that in every single FM folder, so its best in /mods or /dbmods.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234