TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 fm-Cathedral of St.Vincent-6/18/2012

d. 2014
    i dont want to use the walkthrough, i had key for the sewer,but seem to have lost it i cant open the sewer hatch i think i picked it upon the street but where

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    i dont want to use the walkthrough, i had key for the sewer,but seem to have lost it i cant open the sewer hatch i think i picked it upon the street but where
    near the weapon store, the patrolling guard had the key, see your map

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    its ok found it

I continue to be impressed with the way the Hammerites managed to make windows on interior walls (which are solid on the other side) glow like they had sunlight directly behind them

I've gotten the magic hammer, but how do I get down without killing myself?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I continue to be impressed with the way the Hammerites managed to make windows on interior walls (which are solid on the other side) glow like they had sunlight directly behind them

Just use the ladder inside the tunnel down through the Banner door

how about i tell you there is electric lights behind the vitrals, i think its not difficult to get to that conclusion.

Just playing this gem... looks great !

But I hit a broken readable - which should display an important clue:
    landers.str:
    page_0 is truncated and missing this text:

According to the history book located in the Seamus Archives, the hammer could be blessed and used to unlock secrets."
    And in case you update it, you could as well make the last page end with a double quote
    page_1: "...
    Or wilt thou say \"Yes, and now
    I shalt raise one of mine own!\""

According to the sunlight settings in this fm, it is daylight. But, big stone buildings require more light source, and yes there are electric lights behind the Vitrals powered from the big generators.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Just use the ladder inside the tunnel down through the Banner door
    I rope-arrowed up and down, there was an easier way!?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    how about i tell you there is electric lights behind the vitrals, i think its not difficult to get to that conclusion.
    I was teasing, I figured something like that was the case in-world. I was just a bit surprised when I encountered the first one, it turned me around looking for the outside.

Very enjoyable mission! Pedro & Rod, your hard work is evident and has been worth it
    I honestly think you could have split the mission into two, one in the town and one in the cathedral - both are very atmospheric, and I would have enjoyed seeing them each be more complete (not that they aren't already well done, but have more accessible houses in town and fewer closed doors in the cathedral). This is a complement, not a criticism!

Thankyou Winter Cat, Thanks gnartsch, notes taken., Thankyou MrMunkeepants, Maga, Ravenus1, Jello, We are glad you all enjoyed it.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 21st Jun 2012 at 22:18.

I rope-arrowed up and down, there was an easier way!?

I was teasing, I figured something like that was the case in-world. I was just a bit surprised when I encountered the first one, it turned me around looking for the outside.

Very enjoyable mission! Pedro & Rod, your hard work is evident and has been worth it
    I honestly think you could have split the mission into two, one in the town and one in the cathedral - both are very atmospheric, and I would have enjoyed seeing them each be more complete (not that they aren't already well done, but have more accessible houses in town and fewer closed doors in the cathedral). This is a complement, not a criticism!
    The cathedral had more rooms initialy, but due to dromed limitations we were forced to choose some rooms to delete
    Im working curretnly on a teamproject with Ravenhook that has two missions (two maps) the first map is done, now the second is 20 % done... and i would like Darthslair cooperation again for this t2 project...it all depends on his will.

Thanks for playing this one and for the compliment MrMunkeepants

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Thankyou Winter Cat, Thanks gnartsch, notes taken., Thankyou MrMunkeepants, Maga, Ravenus1, Jello, glad you all enjoyed it.
    Yes, thank you all for playing this t2 mission!!! ... Marisa im still working on your project...

Finished all but the loot objective (on Expert, 5000 needed)... amazing misssion.

Mission comments: The Cathedral is spectacular, the stained glass windows, the ambient music in the church, the 'pictures' on the wall in the mayors house, haha. It's a shame Dromed limited your creativity. I like the interactive bit, with the gathering of evidence and stuff, a nice touch.

We are Glad you enjoyed it!
    Last edited by darthsLair; 21st Jun 2012 at 22:17.

SINCERE THANKS to the autors for this fantastic mission !

I go along with shadows' comments above. Very, very nice mission. The ambient sounds/music - wow; and the architecture! - beautiful. I enjoy missions like this one, where there are readables with hints to go forward, sufficient weapons, eye- and ear-candys, and always fair gameplay. I loved to find that key sticking in the gate near architect's house.

but .... I'm still almost 200 short of loot and I miss 1 secret ....

question: are all secrets located in the cathedral? If no - where could I look for that last one?

Any hint would be appreciated,
    thanks in advance

Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    SINCERE THANKS to the autors for this fantastic mission !

I go along with shadows' comments above. Very, very nice mission. The ambient sounds/music - wow; and the architecture! - beautiful. I enjoy missions like this one, where there are readables with hints to go forward, sufficient weapons, eye- and ear-candys, and always fair gameplay. I loved to find that key sticking in the gate near architect's house.

but .... I'm still almost 200 short of loot and I miss 1 secret ....

question: are all secrets located in the cathedral? If no - where could I look for that last one?

Any hint would be appreciated,
    thanks in advance

Urumo
    Yes,all 5 secrets are in the cathedral. The one you might need may be in the bell tower area.

Hi again,

hmm ... are there 2 secrets in the bell tower?

These I found so far:
    1 - groundfloor, locker room, on beam - passage - fruit
    2 - groundfloor, storage room, passage under stairs - wine + goblet
    3 - bell tower in corner formed by beams - nugget
    4 - on high beam by holy hammer - passage/ladder in corner - reading scroll

What am I missing?
    cheers
    urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Hi again,

hmm ... are there 2 secrets in the bell tower?

These I found so far:
    1 - groundfloor, locker room, on beam - passage - fruit
    2 - groundfloor, storage room, passage under stairs - wine + goblet
    3 - bell tower in corner formed by beams - nugget
    4 - on high beam by holy hammer - passage/ladder in corner - reading scroll

What am I missing?
    cheers
    urumo
    Seamus archives look up

I am done and very pleased after more then 4 hours of play-time
    (well, searching for the remaining loot took quite some time, but finally I got it all - with some help)
    Very nice mission, both of you !

Thankyou gnartsch ! We are Glad you enjoyed it.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 21st Jun 2012 at 21:22.

Southquarter.com/fms
    To check off the "In order to clear myself of the murder charge, I must find evidence to prove it" objective do I just need to have the evidence in my inventory, or do I need to do something with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    To check off the "In order to clear myself of the murder charge, I must find evidence to prove it" objective do I just need to have the evidence in my inventory, or do I need to do something with it?
    That is the first stage, once you collect all of the items then that objective will complete. You will receive another objective once you have everything you need. The Morgue will offer you more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    First, you need to have visited the morgue. Look for a key in town if you don't already have it.

Second, you need to have found evidence to use with the evidence bottle and used it in the machine in the morgue and get the two items the machine produces.

Third, there are two other pieces of evidence you need, one is in the mayor's house, one is in the sewers.

Once you have all four items, an objective will appear telling you what to do next.

- prjames

Southquarter.com/fms
    After I found the coroner and the morgue key, I figured the rest out. Most of the stuff I already had in inventory. Thanks for the help dudes.

Nice mission Cardia1 & Darthslair.

I enjoyed playing and will give it another go on a higher difficulty.

That cathedral was huge. I also liked how I could circle sneak pillars in it to not be seen, it reminded me of old castle type movies.

I finished everything by gathering evidence placing it on the table in the morgue, and sending the Mayor to jail, after getting a pardon.

One problem I do have though. I can't seem to find a key to a locked door in the Mayor's manor. This door is on the first floor just South (I think) of the room with the Johnny Depp and Jennifer Aniston paintings.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast