TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 fm-Cathedral of St.Vincent-6/18/2012

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    Nice mission Cardia1 & Darthslair.

I enjoyed playing and will give it another go on a higher difficulty.

That cathedral was huge. I also liked how I could circle sneak pillars in it to not be seen, it reminded me of old castle type movies.

I finished everything by gathering evidence placing it on the table in the morgue, and sending the Mayor to jail, after getting a pardon.

One problem I do have though. I can't seem to find a key to a locked door in the Mayor's manor. This door is on the first floor just South (I think) of the room with the Johnny Depp and Jennifer Aniston paintings.
    We are glad you are enjoying it !

Just down from that door into the room down the hall a bit into the room up on the horizontal beam. Basement Door Key

Excellent mission cardia & darthsLair The city layout felt very realistic with all those narrow, offset streets & the cathedral is an absolute stunner!
    Finished all other objectives on Expert (incl the optional one - with considerable help here ), but I'm still about 200 short of loot. Any significant, well-hidden caches?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Excellent mission cardia & darthsLair The city layout felt very realistic with all those narrow, offset streets & the cathedral is an absolute stunner!
    Finished all other objectives on Expert (incl the optional one - with considerable help here ), but I'm still about 200 short of loot. Any significant, well-hidden caches?
    Did you :Get the purse in the Mayor's Garden? In the basement under the stairs? behind the old broken pew?

We are glad you are enjoying it, and thanks for playing.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 22nd Jun 2012 at 01:49.

Yes, yes & yes. Are there places to rope-arrow up to in the city? I haven't found any.

Yes, yes & yes. Are there places to rope-arrow up to in the city? I haven't found any.
    Have you beenup on the roof where the city ambient is playing from the Victrola ?

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Have you beenup on the roof where the city ambient is playing from the Victrola ?
    No, I hadn't (that is beautiful music - like in many parts of the cathedral).
    Anyway, thanx for the help, darthsLair, but I seem to be stuck on 4866. Very much enjoyed this but I'll just cntl-alt-shift-end it - don't have much patience for loot scrounging anymore

Edit: there's one nitpick - the loot requirement is very close to the max loot. Maybe you could have made the loot a Bonus Objective?

Anyway, thanx for the help, darthsLair, but I seem to be stuck on 4866. Very much enjoyed this but I'll just cntl-alt-shift-end it - don't have much patience for loot scrounging anymore

Edit: there's one nitpick - the loot requirement is very close to the max loot. Maybe you could have made the loot a Bonus Objective?
    I will ask Pedro to place some more loot, or lower the requirement on "Master Difficulty" Thanks for playing !

HI Sticky Fingers thanks for the compliments ;-), here´s some locations you might not have found yet:Mayor´s wc above the toilet; in the interrogation room next to Garrett cell, below the attic staircase in the mayor´s house,above the wooden rafts in the cathedral workshop, and always look carefull in the tables beside the beds

Rod if you want i can add more loot.

I'm in awe for this magnificent mission, architecture, ambient music and plot are excellent!!!!!
    I'm enjoying it so far, but stuck as I cannot find the magic hammer....hints pls?

Found it....
    Last edited by maga; 22nd Jun 2012 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm in awe for this magnificent mission, architecture, ambient music and plot are excellent!!!!!
    I'm enjoying it so far, but stuck as I cannot find the magic hammer....hints pls?

Found it....
    Cool Maga !
    Last edited by darthsLair; 22nd Jun 2012 at 09:56.

fear and loathing

Love the atmosphere of this mission and the johnny depp painting

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Yes, thank you all for playing this t2 mission!!! ... Marisa i´m still working on your project...
    Pedro......... looking forward to it!!!!!!

But now I need to find 500 loot in order to finish this fantastic fm.......

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Pedro......... looking forward to it!!!!!!

But now I need to find 500 loot in order to finish this fantastic fm.......
    Ciau Marisa, check the city watch interrogatin room (next to Garrett cell; check the wc at the mayor´s house, check below the attic staircase at the mayor´s house, look carefuuly at the cathedral warehouse crates, check the wooden beam in the cathedral workshop, check the roof where the music comes in the citadel, use rope arrow, check carefully the tables near the beds.

qualche difficoltà sono qui per aiutarti, baci
    Last edited by Cardia; 22nd Jun 2012 at 11:28.

Thank you Pedro, now I have 4321......I think I gotta go back to the cathedral..............got only 2 secrets there.....
    Baci a te!!!!

Nice mission indeed.
    spoiler:
    Brush work , AI, scripting, sound all first rate. But I did have two pretty big concerns.

Game play was well balanced as far as the AI were concerned but I had a few problems puzzle wise. I get in the vault and now another quest for a hammer. The clue for the Hammer wasn't implemented well. It was stuck after your standard boiler plate Hammer regimens that we've all read 10000 times. I can't imagine anybody reads those anymore nor do we want to. Don't put important clues after stuff like that. So I look at the map for a likely spot because I missed the clue. Storeroom and warehouse seem logical and they are close to the holywater pool! I'm thinking I've got this covered. Nope. Then I remember the hammers at the mayor's house. That's a bit of a walk but I've got no other ideas. Well that didn't end well. So I have to come here for a hint. Then I grab the hammer and now I need a book! Will this end I'm thinking? That wasn't so bad though...book? LIBRARY! I think it would have been tighter if the player knew from early on that a blessed hammer and book were going to be needed.

Loot requirement was excessive on expert. I'm short less than 100 and I've found all the secrets. Having to find 5000 of about 5200 on a map of this size is a bit much.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Agreed 100% with Sly. I never read those Hammer texts anymore, I needed the video walkthrough to discover the location of the hammer. And the history book objective seemed arbitrary and came out of nowhere.

Other than that though, loved it. Great huge mission to explore, and loved the investigative/CSI type stuff to clear Garrett's name, lotsa fun. The City area was fun and well done, and of course, the Cathedral was big and gorgeous (although maybe a bit oversized).

4 hours? PHEH... I finished this on beginner setting in just 2 hours, 19 minutes, and 41 seconds. (though I didnt get all the secrets).. its not THAT hard, just gotta use a systematic approach and a little detective work...

but all the same..this FM was VERY well-made... (one peeve I have is that sometimes you open a door only to have it vanish so you cant close it)
    Last edited by Eiji; 22nd Jun 2012 at 18:27.

@sly and Brethren

Actually the location of the History book is revealed in the city library, and the whereabouts of the magic hammer is clearly spelled out in Landers book. The problem with it being truncated so that part of the description was not visible. It was fixed for Pedro's next update. The walkthroughs were not even needed. Reading the public library description of the location of the History book would have lead you to the magic hammer even if Landers book was not readable. The three books clearly mention the magic hammer being needed to free the Prize Hammer.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 22nd Jun 2012 at 19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji View Post
    (one peeve I have is that sometimes you open a door only to have it vanish so you cant close it)
    I don't recall anyone testing this fm having disappearing doors...and as far as I know,.. only you are having this experience..... Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I don't recall anyone testing this fm having disappearing doors...and as far as I know,.. only you are having this experience..... Hmm
    object rendering can be different from machine to machine, and the brush limit is maxed, so I am not too surprised more wasn't reported in beta testing, although I have always thought that public testing is always the winner at the end. Think of the greater variety of public machines versus 14-15 beta testers. Time always tells.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Nice mission indeed.
    spoiler:
    Brush work , AI, scripting, sound all first rate. But I did have two pretty big concerns.

Game play was well balanced as far as the AI were concerned but I had a few problems puzzle wise. I get in the vault and now another quest for a hammer. The clue for the Hammer wasn't implemented well. It was stuck after your standard boiler plate Hammer regimens that we've all read 10000 times. I can't imagine anybody reads those anymore nor do we want to. Don't put important clues after stuff like that. So I look at the map for a likely spot because I missed the clue. Storeroom and warehouse seem logical and they are close to the holywater pool! I'm thinking I've got this covered. Nope. Then I remember the hammers at the mayor's house. That's a bit of a walk but I've got no other ideas. Well that didn't end well. So I have to come here for a hint. Then I grab the hammer and now I need a book! Will this end I'm thinking? That wasn't so bad though...book? LIBRARY! I think it would have been tighter if the player knew from early on that a blessed hammer and book were going to be needed.

Loot requirement was excessive on expert. I'm short less than 100 and I've found all the secrets. Having to find 5000 of about 5200 on a map of this size is a bit much.

Since the readme clearly speaks of hammerite treasure, then the first book to be of value to you would have been the History of lost treasures in the City Library.

Below is a carbon copy of that book:
    page_0: "History of Lost Treasures

The greatest of lost treasures usually consist of historical items. That is, something that played an important role in the past but has since been lost.

A good example comes from the story of the Magic Hammer which concerns a Hammerite Brother who fell to his death during the construction of the great Hammerite Cathedral. Some wooden support beams high on the South end needed some planing and as this Hammerite was attending to it his foot slipped off the edge and he fell to his death.

The hammer he was using has since been lost and is reputed to possess magical powers.
    The story also mentions a great Sacred Hammer possessed at one time by the old order which consisted of Artimus, Tulimus, "
    page_1: "Seamus, and Klatimus. The history book with the full account of the story is located in the Cathedral of St. Vincent, in the Seamus Archives."

Below is the History book which you obtain after obtaining the Prize Hammer. Mainly in this order because the chances of anyone following the City Library Lost Treasure book is slim. Therefore since they could not use this as a clue or puzzle to locate the Prized History Book it has to come later.

page_0: "Artimus, Klatimus, Seamus, and Trusimus were the first Hammerites to forge a Hammer made of platinum and gold. Some would say it was a little too fancy for wars.

Platinum be a hard metal and gold is heavy. Yet the Sacred Hammer of this period was used to crush many a head. Gold does not tarnish, so there is never a concern over rust.

After a century in battles, the Sacred Hammer which tasted buckets of blood was finally put to rest. For fear of it being a victim of theft, the Hammer was locked up in a vault.

Only the Blessed Hammer has the power to release the deadly field made up of enemy spirits. By touching the Blessed Hammer to the Hammer Icon located in the vault, the spirits are destroyed, thereby releasing it."
    page_1: "Though reputed to be lost, the Blessed Hammer is actually kept in a safe place, out of reach. No one with any common sense would attempt to climb to the heavens where only eagles could perch.

When the great Cathedral was built, huge wooden support beams were placed high above the nave. while working there, Brother Tonius slipped and fell to his death. And so, in his name, the Blessed Hammer marks the place of his sacrifice.

Everyone fears being cursed should they attempt to touch the Blessed Hammer although it has been ages since the Hammer was cleansed in Holy Water.

Once it is cleansed in Holy Water, then and only then will it release the Force Field of the Dead."

The 2 books clearly speak of the Prize Hammer, and the Magic Hammer-its location ,and that it must be blessed.

Priest Lander's Ham book only speaks of the location and the need to bless the magic hammer. and to the exact location of the History Book needed for the objective.

Without the Priest Landers book, these two valuable books are enough to win the mission concerning the Hammers.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 22nd Jun 2012 at 20:20.

Well I am really enjoying this mission. I have proved my innocense and have moved on to the vault heist. The problem is I have all keys except number 4. I have searched high and low with no luck. Any help appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Well I am really enjoying this mission. I have proved my innocense and have moved on to the vault heist. The problem is I have all keys except number 4. I have searched high and low with no luck. Any help appreciated!
    You'll need to head back to the city and find Melinda - you'll find her patrolling along the canal past the mayor's and the water management building

cardia1 and DarthsLair,

Thank you for a amazing mission. Very nice work.
    Liked the movie pictures!
    Liked the story!

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    cardia1 and DarthsLair,

Thank you for a amazing mission. Very nice work.
    Liked the movie pictures!
    Liked the story!
    Thanks for playing, and We are glad you enjoyed it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast