TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm-Cathedral of St.Vincent-6/18/2012

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    We are glad you enjoyed it fey*grenzgang and Taffy Mug. The maps were very necessary because of the size.
    Very helpful tool to the player. Saves hours of just running around trying to find something.

Recently reinstalled Thief and was able to complete the mission without crashing at any point. I'm guessing it was the texture enhancement pack that was crashing it before, or maybe one of the many script packs I had.

Anyway, great mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrano View Post
    Recently reinstalled Thief and was able to complete the mission without crashing at any point. I'm guessing it was the texture enhancement pack that was crashing it before, or maybe one of the many script packs I had.

Anyway, great mission!
    We thankyou Spyrano, and glad it worked out for you this time.

Hey, where can I find the Vault key number 3, I've been looking for it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Miguel View Post
    Hey, where can I find the Vault key number 3, I've been looking for it forever.

You need to find Jasmine IIRC - if you've got the other keys you probably saw her at the Mayor's house already - worth checkingdown in the basement at the mayor's place

Before I go to the trouble of writing one, does anyone have a loot list?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Before I go to the trouble of writing one, does anyone have a loot list?
    I was hoping there was one as well - I'm about 20 short of 5000, and this is my second play-through!

I ended up writing a list of hard-to-see stuff, since 90% of the loot is out in the open.

Hope this helps:

Gold Ring Mayor’s house, upstairs bedroom on nightstand. (There’s a painting of sheep) 100
    Spice On floor between two barrels, room left of archery practice in mayor’s house 40
    Gold Ring On dresser in Priest Michael’s room 50
    Gem Ring Window sill near bed in Priestess Marianne’s room 100
    Prized Fire Poker Near unlit fireplace in house unlocked by Multilock Key 200
    Gas Ball Mayor’s house, top shelf near archer practice room, where other powerups are 50
    Gold Nugget Between crates, SW corner of cathedral warehouse 55
    Gold in/Out basket Apartment at top of ladder where worker left ladder on lamp post 100
    Purse SE corner, upstairs hall in mayor’s house, on floor near chair 100
    Purse SW corner of west yard, outside of mayor’s house, near bench 100
    Gold Hammer Lowest shelf in room at top of stairs in mayor’s house 75

Thanks, Ricebug.

I'll go back in and check. In cases like this, after the AI are all KO'ed, I try to think of every trick in the book that FM authors use, and retrace my steps slashing banners, re-frobbing objects that are traditionally worthless, zig-zag grid search in sewers and canals, and so forth...

I noticed that through the videos/walkthroughs, in my game there is no birdcall on the table in the sewers with the thieves. Have I done something wrong or missing some file...do not understand. Have installed v1.3; help please

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    I noticed that through the videos/walkthroughs, in my game there is no birdcall on the table in the sewers with the thieves. Have I done something wrong or missing some file...do not understand. Have installed v1.3; help please
    It has been awhile, but it may not be available on all difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    Olá Empyrium, o birdcall (apito de pássaros ) só está disponivel no modo de dificuldade "Normal".

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Olá Empyrium, o birdcall (apito de pássaros ) só está disponivel no modo de dificuldade "Normal".
    Ah, ok!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    It has been awhile, but it may not be available on all difficulties.
    I'm replaying it on Expert, and yes, there was no birdcall!

NOTE BEFORE PLAYING!!!: YOU need to disable the EP, simply rename it epbak.crf, then remove the bak bit afterwards.

Very much enjoying this mission, but I seem to have a problem. I've put all the evidence (jar with watch, prints, ledger, conspiracy recording) on the little wooden table in the morgue, but the Examiner's table Objective doesn't tick. I don't know what else I can do to make the Objective ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Rat View Post
    Very much enjoying this mission, but I seem to have a problem. I've put all the evidence (jar with watch, prints, ledger, conspiracy recording) on the little wooden table in the morgue, but the Examiner's table Objective doesn't tick. I don't know what else I can do to make the Objective ping.
    It has been awhile, but the" Examiner's table" is marked with a plaque. Place all of the items on that table. I don't recall a small wooden table.

Thanks darthsLair, I didn't see the plaque on that. I did actually try putting the stuff on that first but it didn't work - maybe because I hadn't stopped the machine or something. Anyway that made me assume that table was just another autopsy slab, so I tried the little wooden table (where they eventually put the pardon scroll) which also didn't work. But it's all worked properly now, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Rat View Post
    Thanks darthsLair, I didn't see the plaque on that. I did actually try putting the stuff on that first but it didn't work - maybe because I hadn't stopped the machine or something. Anyway that made me assume that table was just another autopsy slab, so I tried the little wooden table (where they eventually put the pardon scroll) which also didn't work. But it's all worked properly now, cheers
    Hi dead rat the evidence table can be found next to the cells where Garrett was first imprisoned

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Hi dead rat the evidence table can be found next to the cells where Garrett was first imprisoned
    Thanks cardia, I had the right room, just the wrong table

Thoroughly enjoying this mission. If I have one criticism of the cathedral, it's that the simple bluish lights in the big vertical windows behind the pulpit don't really do justice to the interior. A more impressive effect would be some moving , swirling light of warm reddish hue, perhaps a lava lamp effect, slowly ascending to draw attention to the great height of the chamber.

Thanks dead rat, i Will update soon this mission to new dark, and ill see how can i add that warm light to the altar or main nave.

I played the mission to the end. I got the 8 keys and got into the safe but mission would not end. Everything else is checked off. Anyway I finished mission.

Quote Originally Posted by K-corlew View Post
    I played the mission to the end. I got the 8 keys and got into the safe but mission would not end. Everything else is checked off. Anyway I finished mission.
    Where did you go to end the mission?

darthslair and cardia1, thank you so much for making a delightful, fun, frustrating FM! It's huge and easy to get lost in the Cathedral. At least there were no un-dead!!!
    About Gutsy's watch in the canal: How do I pick it up? I remember when I first found it something was said, but I was on my way to the cathedral...and that was yesterday and I didn't write it down or remember what to do. Other than that, and putting all the evidence on the table, I will be finished. sniff....hate to see it end. Great job!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast