TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76

Thread: Oh, Oh, Okami

  1. #26
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Ignore him SubJeff he's crazy.

  2. #27
    Those were not insults.
    In that case, I dare you to go and say something like that to some of these guys......just go and tell them that "the rest of us would rather you find somewhere else to hang out than here".

    They wouldn't find that insulting, would they?


    Last edited by CCCToad; 23rd Jun 2012 at 21:55.

  3. #28
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    As much as you like to hide behind large burly muscular men with questionable taste in fashion, I wasn't talking to them, I was talking to you.

  4. #29
    Nice red herring.

    Point is, simply applying the "thug test", is enough to disprove that you actually are being a dick. In other words, is it the kind of thing you would say to somebody who is liable to beat the shit out of you for talking bad to them?

  5. #30
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Hahahaha "thug test" are you for real? Your claim of "red herring" is incorrect because hey, guess what, this isn't about bikers, it's about you -- so really, the red herring is your "thug test." But whatever, here, I'll meet you halfway: would I say anything to them? No, because A) they're probably not douchey, dishonest, sanctimonious sacks of shit like you and B) we wouldn't ever meet anyway because I don't feel a need to hang out around large hairy men, unlike you. If anything, you're the internet thug here.

  6. #31
    Please.

    If I was an actual thug, I'd be doing what groups like that tend to do to people who harass them online: Obtain their IP address, email, and other personal information, then use that information to track them down in real life and have the local chapter either intimidate, rough up, or kill them.


    Fortunately for you, I am not the type to be involved in an outlaw motorcycle club, mafia family, or any other such group. And even if I was, a snarky little shit-flinging rat man like yourself wouldn't be worth the time.

  7. #32
    Taking a break
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    From left to right: The Alchemist, Kolya, Sulphur and fett

  8. #33
    Koki, I salute you. That post actually made me chuckle instead of just making everyone froth with rage.

  9. #34
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this

    so who's the guy in the hawaiian shirt then?

    Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    Fortunately for you, I am not the type to be involved in an outlaw motorcycle club, mafia family, or any other such group.
    Of course not. You're not exactly particularly menacing, hence your fabricated stories of military service and your persistent attempts to convince people you're smarter than them. Which is why, when dealing with someone who sees through your bullshit (i.e. everyone) you have to resort to saying HAW HAW IF YOU SAID THAT TO THESE BIKERS THEY'D FUCK YOU UP WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT HUH.

    While I'm sure one percenters et al. know their way around a computer enough to threaten someone on Youtube, I really doubt they have the tech savvy to actually hunt someone down over the internet, nor the inclination, given that they're too busy shipping cocaine across state lines and beating up their rivals.

    I'm hardly "harassing" you, you big baby, you don't like what I have to say then stop posting. What're you gonna do, shoot imaginary bullets at me over the internet?

  10. #35
    Why don't you ask one of the other veterans around here whether what I say about overseas and how things operate overseas is more in line with the truth or more in line with what posers say then?

    Actually, one of them did give you his feedback, and it wasn't the answer you liked so you decided to ignore him.

  11. #36
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    I think the thug test is nonsense but for a different reason CCC.

    If I told someone "please stop, I really don't want to continue this argument because I've got other things to do" that wouldn't be insulting them would it?

    But the sort of people you are describing for the purposes of your argument (and fwiw those guys in the picture could be perfectly reasonable) are idiots and would find even that a reason to start a fight. These are people who will start a fight over almost anything, and that's why you've decided to introduce this "test". Even if they were being dicks, knew it, were told it by their friends and had Jesus come down and tell them they'd STILL start a fight if you told them they were being a dick. If you hinted that they might, in some small way, perhaps be being unreasonable.

    How is that a measure of anything useful?

    That you should fall to something of this nature in order to prove a point is just... i don't know man, i just don't know.

  12. #37
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    Why don't you ask one of the other veterans around here whether what I say about overseas and how things operate overseas is more in line with the truth or more in line with what posers say then?

    Actually, one of them did give you his feedback, and it wasn't the answer you liked so you decided to ignore him.
    I'm sure the things you say are very in-line with what actually happens. But all that tells me is you did a little research to sound more authentic.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    I'm sure the things you say are very in-line with what actually happens. But all that tells me is you did a little research to sound more authentic.
    Sure......which explains the fact that a lot of the things I say can't be found on the internet. Here's a test. Ask one of your friends who's been to Kandahar province where Route Bear is. Now google Route Bear: you won't find many results. The link you will find, is inaccurate because it doesn't describe where that road actually goes.

  14. #39
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    So why don't you tell the class where Route Bear is?

    Oh wait, you can't. Classified, amirite?

    Nevermind the fact that this whole discussion occurred because you made a stupid, myopic comment about video games and then got offended when I called you on it, which I do all the fucking time and not just you, but anybody who resorts to the stupid WAH VIDEO GAMES SUCK NOW complaint. Get over yourself and maybe get off the internet for a while, you clearly can't handle that people on the internet don't like you or agree with you.

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    CUT.....IT......OUT. My god reading this thread, and various posts is giving the staff a headache, just cut it out. Warnings will start to be issued if this keeps up, first and last time this will be said.

  16. #41
    On topic....

    It isn't really as simple as "video games suck nowadays". My own tastes are changing such that I have no real interest in the "mega blockbuster" games like COD and Halo that now dominate the gaming market.

    If I could summarize my interests, I'm into just a few types of games right now. The first is "social" games. Not in the sense of facebook "social" games, but games like Borderlands 2 and Torchlight2/Diablo 3 that I can enjoy by playing with my friends. While I absolutely abhor playing Halo Reach by myself, I do use the game's robust party system to stay in touch with a few friends from college. My brother also plays BF3 on his high speed desktop, so I just bought that one so I can keep our relationship going that way while he's stationed in Japan.

    Second, games that go for the more "cult classic" feel. Unfortunately, this is the kind of game that is sorely lacking right now. The only one on my radar right now is dishonored.

    Finally, mobile games. I bought a Vita specifically because of my job. If you aren't familiar with the lifestyle, the term "hurry up and wait", is popular for a reason and having a Vita in my pocket is fantastic for those times. It kept me entertained when I spent the entire morning waiting in lines at medical screening, for example.

    On this note....Okami on a PS3 is good news, but I'm a bit "meh" about the announcement. What would get me REALLY excited would be if the game has a cross play feature. Announce a version of the game that I can play on the go and I might just swallow my dip.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Landahn
    Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    [edit] Anyone know which studio's going to be doing the HD conversion? Get Bluepoint up in dem dere b*tch, is all I can say. [/edit]
    It may not be Bluepoint, but HexaDrive's port/conversion of Rez HD was absolutely stellar, so I've got high hopes this one will actually be good - unlike, say, the abomination which is Silent Hill HD.

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Really? All the textures have been updated?
    So you don't know how emulators work - I don't blame you.

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Dec 1998
    Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    So you don't know how emulators work - I don't blame you.
    So you don't know how sarcasm works - I don't blame you.

    I may pick this up. I have been pretty stubborn about picking up HD remakes for games that I already have, but Okami is... Okami. Still need to pick up the ICO + Shadow of Colossus HD Remake, but $40 is a bit more than I want to spend for games I already have.

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerker View Post
    So you don't know how sarcasm works - I don't blame you.
    I mean ps2 emulator converts all ps2 games to HD and that poster didn't know that.

  21. #46
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    zajazd just give up

  22. #47
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Does he mean that the display resolution gets increased by the emulator to display on a monitor than SD tv?

    If so, then does this mean that increasing the resolution on PC games switches to HD?

    Sounds a little like magic to me.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    I mean ps2 emulator converts all ps2 games to HD and that poster didn't know that.

    It doesn't. Like the above poster hinted at, its basically the same as turning up the resolution on a PC game. For example you can mod the original Deus Ex to run at 1080p, but its still gonna have the same crappy low-rez textures.

  24. #49
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    For example, you can switch between 640 x 480 and 800 x 600 in the original Deus Ex, but this doesn't mean that one is HD.

  25. #50
    or 1024 x 768.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •