TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest Interest and Progress Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Actually, I think nickie was offering to host the contest, courtesy of TTLG.
    No, I'm not that clever - I was responding to NV's post.

Actually the only thing I am trying to do is investigate some sort of poll voting and I've even coerced freddy fox into helping me with that.

I'd love to sign up, but I'm well aware of the dramatic success with which I managed to make the deadline for the last competition I was going to enter (and I suspect there are people who'd want my head if I worked on a Thief mission other than the level I started for said long-passed competition ...)

I'd be interested in participating too, and I can host the missions on Southquarter when they're ready to go, but I'd prefer not to be the "contest organizer" this time around. Anyone else interested? Sounds like nickie is working on a voting method, so the organizer would only have to do announcements, take questions, post results, etc.

Freddy and I haven't had much luck with free polls so far but Freddy has IDEAS!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    I am definitely in ! Anyone else ? Intruder ?
    I'll give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Ok, so what about this set of rules:

1. Contest begins on XX.XX.2012.
    2. Contest ends on 30.10.2012 (or a few days earlier).
    3. The mission has to feature a Halloween-theme or at least should be considered as "scary".
    4. There is no size limit.
    5. You are allowed to use OMs.
    6. You are allowed to use FMs and abandoned FMs, given that the approval of the original author(s) was granted.
    What about collaboration?

Edit. OK a single poll to cover everything just isn't possible. Free ones don't have the necessary options, so voting criteria and ways to vote still need to be thought about.
    Last edited by nickie; 28th Jun 2012 at 11:54.

Ok, we should add:

7. You may work together with others or on your own.

Good to have that option in case NV's preposterous condition is fulfilled!

What about portovers? That was another question in a thread I read.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    OK a single poll to cover everything just isn't possible. Free ones don't have the necessary options, so voting criteria and ways to vote still need to be thought about.
    I'm not even sure, what are the options with the polls here on TTLG? Can we vote anonymous, hide results, etc? Here's an example of what they do for TDM missions, something like this might work:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...otha-20120512/

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Yeah I'll throw my name in then. You might get more names with a big announcement thread in TEG.
    Actually I do have an announcement at the editors guild: Put up the same day.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139585

I meant like an official announcement, as opposed to a discussion of interest like this, but yeah, I followed that link to get here so others probably did too!

I will change the title to the thread as soon as I can get there. Right now, I cannot access the guild.

Today is the last of the month of June. How many entrants do we have now, besides me ? Realistically we need to begin now, other wise there may have to be extentions, and it would be great to release on Hallows eve instead of on the day of Halloween. You know, put a little fright into the players before they go trick or treating.

Due to the DNS issues, lots of folks aren't able to come respond to you, Rod. I'm here via ttlg.ttlg.mobi which finally started working for me this evening. It may be a couple more days before folks are able to come here and confirm their interest - hope there's enough turnout to have the contest!

I wasn't expecting it still to be down now so it can start as soon as everything's up together again.

4 people have expressed interest so I reckon that's enough. There may be more who are interested who haven't said anything.

I know the east coast got hit hard with severe weather, so there is no pressure here to sign in as contestants. This is a no pressure, easy come easy go contest. Hope everyone is okay !

I was able to sign in to the mobile forums here with only service pack 1. Lost my windows due to some kind of Font Viruse. Nasty ! I doubt if I will ever go beyone service pack 1 now, as it is really not needed. Opera browser seems okay. Doing pretty good on my ten buck, yard sale machine.

Count me in as a potential contestant. Got an ideas shooting around in my head...somewhere...

Ahh, nice !

See the official TTLG Contest Rules Thread ! http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...44#post2132244
    Last edited by darthsLair; 2nd Jul 2012 at 15:43.

Hmmm... I think that this contest would be more interesting than the last contest because of the number of contesters (mistake??).

I have think about it during few hours... And I think that would be a bad thing to miss it. I enter into the contest.

I think the word you're looking for is contestants.

Good to hear you're going to enter.

Can I offer prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    Can I offer prizes?
    Hi epithumia, Well, I have prizes for 1st and 2nd place, but yes, the more the merrier.

I was thinking about tossing in a couple of amazon gift cards, maybe some hardware like a hard drive or something. I always promised I'd do this one day but I seem to always be on hiatus when a contest happens. I know there are issues with people across the globe not being able to use things, but I'd handle shipping on anything physical and if you toss all of the prizes into a pool and let the winners pick something in order then it usually works out.

Sounds like a great plan ! Lets do it !

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is contestants.

Good to hear you're going to enter.
    Yeah, "Contestants", I'll try to remember this word. Thank you!
    Hum... Can I use my OWN objects in the contest ?
    Last edited by nickie; 9th Jul 2012 at 04:17.

Yes. You can do/use what you want. But it's got to be scary and it's got to be finished by 30th October, possibly a few days before to give time for uploading and release announcements etc.

I'm updating the main announcement thread whenever there's new information.