TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest Interest and Progress Thread

Wow, you're off to one heck of a start, DrK!

*sigh* I'm actually in therapy to try and help me finish things that I start - I'm supposed to choose a goal - shall I tell my therapist I want this contest to be my goal? Or would it be better to just post some of the fms in my morgue for others to use as a base?

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    6.nicked ?
    Yes. Although I'm still brainstorming a few different ideas...

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    *sigh* I'm actually in therapy to try and help me finish things that I start - I'm supposed to choose a goal - shall I tell my therapist I want this contest to be my goal? Or would it be better to just post some of the fms in my morgue for others to use as a base?
    Hi redleaf, Enter it, and do yourself some good. Dromed is excellent therapy, and to release it on time means you have defeated the no start/finish syndrome.

@nicked, Cool ! There is no pressure here ! Just an eagerness to have some fun !

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Haplo has unfortunately stated that he is out.

Screenshots?
    So the contest isn't anonymous?

On an unrelated note, I think 25% saturation looks much, much better than 0% saturation (aka greyscale.)

No, the last few contests haven't bothered with anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Haplo has unfortunately stated that he is out.
    Did he actually say that? Or just that he wishes he was good at scaring people (which we collectively rebutted)?
    Last edited by nickie; 9th Jul 2012 at 04:22.

I'd like to volunteer to punch both Yandros and Haplo in their shoulders until they join.

Well, I guess if we take long enough, we could enter our Reloaded II mission in the Halloween Contest!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No, the last few contests haven't bothered with anonymity.
    I thought it was more fun when entries were anonymous. Is there any reason why contestants can't remain anonymous if they want?

Edit. I've moved some posts from the Announcement thread and added in quotes to posts here where the merging messed up replies. I hope I've caught everything but let me know if anyone's post looks like nonsense now.
    Last edited by nickie; 9th Jul 2012 at 04:25.

Hm... I think that is too late to ask for anonymous entries. It would be better if it was, yes, but now it's too late, Drk have shown a screenshot But after all, if it was anonymous, I'm sure that we'll reconize immediatly Drk's Style. Moreover, with betatest and english corrections, I'm sure that players will fastly know who's a fm maker. And twice and last plea, it is useless, when a player will be stuck in a level, to answer him and tell him what he have to do, then, only a smart taffer won't reconize the autor.

EDIT: @Yandros: You disappoint me, it is a lazy behaviour! And it was a fm for another contest, plus, it was subitted before the beginning of this contest!

EDIT2: And I'll forget to say: We are NOT obliged to reload a mission, we can create our own world.
    Last edited by FireMage; 9th Jul 2012 at 12:10.

Anonymous Entries are cool ! How would we know whether or not many people not responding to the contest threads are actually building their entries ? Also, new players will not be able to profile each author so easily. The entries which are not identified with the Authors could still be judged, which in a way would be less biased. It would be great to see some surprise submissions that were anonymous until after voting has finished.

Anonymous Entries are always Welcome !

Either way, this is a no pressure contest. Everyone will do as they please, only staying with the Scary, or Halloween theme.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 9th Jul 2012 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    EDIT: @Yandros: You disappoint me, it is a lazy behaviour! And it was a fm for another contest, plus, it was subitted before the beginning of this contest!
    Sorry Firemage, I think my sarcasm was lost in translation. I was only joking!

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    ... Moreover, with betatest and english corrections, I'm sure that players will fastly know who's a fm maker. And twice and last plea, it is useless, when a player will be stuck in a level, to answer him and tell him what he have to do, then, only a smart taffer won't reconize the autor.
    Personally I take it as granted that the testers will never reveal the name of the author. One might use a whip on my ass and I would not tell anyone.
    Also, if the mission gets properly tested (and maybe the texts corrected) - then the testers could provide the required hints, so that the author can remain anonymous.
    At any rate: please plan for proper testing this time
    It will pay out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Personally I take it as granted that the testers will never reveal the name of the author. One might use a whip on my ass and I would not tell anyone.
    Also, if the mission gets properly tested (and maybe the texts corrected) - then the testers could provide the required hints, so that the author can remain anonymous.
    At any rate: please plan for proper testing this time
    It will pay out for you.
    Good point, and also remember FireMage that the beta testing forums at Shalebridge can be a closed group meaning that only moderators, administrators, and testers can know what is going on there. Secrets are always good until one talks.

I am sure that Tannar or Dussander will be more than helpful in getting you a forum, as an fm author/moderator when you need one. The more machines with different operating systems, video cards, service packs, and ect, the better !

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Also, if the mission gets properly tested (and definitely the texts corrected) - then the testers could provide the required hints, so that the author can remain anonymous.
    Fixed.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Well it wasn't written in the rules that the contest was anonymous, so I thought I could post a screenshot... I should remove the screenshot if needed, I don't think many taffers had a close look in this thread.

Wat do ? Is the contest anonymous now ?

Also : "Progress of your work. Please feel free to post." wut

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Well it wasn't written in the rules that the contest was anonymous, so I thought I could post a screenshot... I should remove the screenshot if needed, I don't think many taffers had a close look in this thread.

Wat do ? Is the contest anonymous now ?

Also : "Progress of your work. Please feel free to post." wut
    No, only if you want yours to be. There are literally no rules here, except "Scary/Halloween"Theme and the deadline: October 30th 2012 for submissions.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I removed the screen for the sake of it. I'll add it back if there are screens posted by others...

Don't sweat it DrK, I'd put it back up. NV just asked if the contest was anonymous, but I don't think there was ever any intention to do it that way.

I really dont think that the general population of ttlg will be able to profile an author, linking the mission to him/her. Anyone can be anonymous by simply keeping progress reports generic on details.
    Closed beta testing groups. We could still offer anonymous submissions, just for the sake of letting the public guess at who's is who's. Each contest is a little different. Good luck to everybody

Can you enter a submission at the deadline even if you haven't "signed up" in this thread?

Alright, alright!

Yandros, yandros... I was joking too! Who do such thing?

So, ok, I'll trust the guys who wants to help me, but I need few "confirmations":

About beta-test, I just need to add a new thread with a list of player who want to test, isn't it?

EDIT: Who's ok to correct my mistake in the books before the tests? I'm more vigilent with th game's book, but I'm sure that some sentences are not very beautiful and mistakes and misspells.
    Last edited by FireMage; 9th Jul 2012 at 20:02.