TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thievery Tenth Anniversary Community Edition.

Thievery Tenth Anniversary Community Edition.

Hi,
    For those of you who used to play Thievery for Unreal Tournament (99) you may be interested in the new community release celebrating its tenth birthday.

BCG Forum Link

Also thank you again to MsLedd for helping me out with it, much appreciated

[E.D.G]Chief.

I have UT installed on one of my machines. I played the original a few times long ago, I'll have to give it a go.

With the list of changes, its looking very appealing again. Been a good few years since I've played it. There is co-op Sly, for a more relaxed way of playing.

There may be a multiplayer server going up within the next few hours since currently the other servers are running the older version of tut.

It was worth your efforts, Chief?

To work on this edition and to meet such "positive" reaction as your project met here?

Only one reply from TTLG community!

I don't count your post and post of Thievery forum moderator (BrokenArts) ofc.

Hello there .o/

Huh I'd be willing to give it a try, but I can't seem to get a working download link ^^'

Nope, when I click the big download button, a message pops ups :
    The file you have selected (ThieveryTenthAnniversaryInstaller.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying.
    Guess I'll try registering then.
    Edit : even after registering, there is still no mirror available... for now
    Last edited by Constance; 6th Jul 2013 at 13:12.

Try this mirrors directly, which the MOD-DB site offered to me:
    ThieveryTenthAnniversaryInstaller.exe (GameFront)
    Probably your browser can not cope with some features of that MOD-DB site

Thanks gnartsch, but unfortunately gamefront has blocked downloading from my country (France) along with many others since several months now and never even bothered to give a specific reason for it (see here for example) :/
    Last edited by Constance; 6th Jul 2013 at 14:44.

Try this: http://thief.nov.ru/catalog/index.php?parent=i877759A9
    at the bottom is what you want.
    It seems to be an ftp site associated to the russian DarkFate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Try this: http://thief.nov.ru/catalog/index.php?parent=i877759A9
    at the bottom is what you want.
    It seems to be an ftp site associated to the russian DarkFate forum.
    Lol, really, web site which was the main Thievery File Archive - http://www.thievery-customs.com is dead. And at that time russian web site still stores this edition of Thievery, which btw is unplayable online on current forbidden servers. What a mess!

Downloading :]
    Thanks again gnartsch \o/

Cool, downloading now.

And let me say that I'd love to actually try this out with some taffers. I've messed with Thievery before, but only by myself with AIs.

EDIT:

I can't get it to run. I've tried compat mode, different video renderers, doesn't work. I get the standard windows crash pop up for ThAux.exe. Has anyone else run into this problem?
    Note that I did the "CleanUT.bat" method to create a fresh copy of UT99.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 8th Jul 2013 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Cool, downloading now.
    I can't get it to run.
    ...I get the standard windows crash pop up for ThAux.exe. Has anyone else run into this problem?
    Welcome to community of users who was badly punished by Thievery 10th Anniversary Community Edition.
    Well, word "Community" isn't always means that community could use it.

Anyway I advise you to use standard Thievery version from dead official web site.
    If you will encounter any problem with its launching use dead Thievery forum for gaining support in this.
    I think somebody will help you there.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    And let me say that I'd love to actually try this out with some taffers.
    I'm sorry but all available taffers are busy on making Thievery 2.
    Of course you could call them for some online parties on two last dead Thievery servers.
    You can do this on the dead forum of Thievery and on the dead forum of Thievery 2.

P.S. Isn't it nice to play in completely dead game, uh?