TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 18 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: What've You Found Little Fly. 5 July 2012

NewDark 64 Contest Winner

T2 FM: What've You Found Little Fly. 5 July 2012

A few months late, but good things come to those who wait. This is my first mission. It was intended for the Reloaded 2 Contest and is based on the "Running Interference" Thief 2 map.

The mission is now basically the same on the Easy and Hard difficulties, except for the amount of loot needed and one other significant puzzle which was changed in Version 1.1. On Expert, there are several additional puzzles the player needs to solve to progress through the level. The entire level is accessible on all difficulties.

* The beginning of the story *

Why did I ever enlighten myself on the subject of wizards?
    Like all braggarts, they're so smug, yet believe they're so majestic.

So why should it be me they ask for help from, when they find themselves in trouble?...

* Bugs *

I guess it's possible some players may still experience crashes when playing, even with the newer version. Although the testers have found everything to be crash-free, and that the mission runs smoother than it did before.

Download links for the new Version 1.1:

Komag mirror 1
    Komag mirror 2
    Southquarter
    Mirror 4

Lootlist

Huge thanks to the beta testers who made this happen: gnartsch, nickie, bob_doe_nz, Gloria Creep, ffox, intruder, Brethren, Sir Freddie M.

Hope you all enjoy it.
    Last edited by Xorak; 7th Sep 2012 at 22:04. Reason: added links to version 1.1

Congratulations on the release of your first FM, Xorak! Well done!

Congratulations Xorak. You've worked unbelievably hard to get this here. Have fun taffers!

Congratulations on the release! Xorak

Downloaded and playing, but need some help... OK I've picked up a few things, explored all the areas I can explore. I now believe my next step is to cook some food for the wolfman, but I cannot get the cookbook pages underneath the toilet, can't jump high enough, no rope arrows to rope up. Alternatively I believe that I am somehow suppose to switch on the electric lights to get the enbamer out of his locked room to get further in this mission, but can't see how to do that either. Some clues please. Playing on Expert. Thanks!

Once you've done your cooking you'll be able to get in another way and find what you need to do the lights. In the room with the cages and the ape beast, you'll find something to help you get that cookbook.

Last edited by Komag; 19th Jul 2012 at 07:08.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Once you've done your cooking you'll be able to get in another way and find what you need to do the lights. In the room with the cages and the ape beast, you'll find something to help you get that cookbook.
    Thanks! But I think i need a bigger clue. I can't see what to do with the cages and stuff. I tried feeding the sausages to the wolfman, thinking hey, don't need to cook, i mean come on, everyone likes sausages, obviously a dismal failure. I tried KOing the ape and taking him over to the tower and giving him as a sacrifice, a note indicated that something was going to happen to the ape. Nothing happened either... i can't find any hidden entrances, no readables, no other interactive objectives in the cage room, so i am stuck, haha.

OK. There's a standard thiefy item in the cage room you can use to get higher. The note is referring to a different, special ape.
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Jul 2012 at 08:27.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    [spoil]Thanks! But I think i need a bigger clue.
    So, you can't jump high enough to get the cookbook ?
    Check the room with the ape in the cage to get something useful.

Perhaps the item is too obvious.

Not everything is a puzzle!
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Jul 2012 at 08:26.

Wow! Congratulations!

Great mission so far......but need some help....I've found the hole in the wall but i can't grab it with "bare hands"...i got the hook from the monsters room (only one, couldn grab the other, think this is supposed to be like that), and i have the sleeping burrick, 3 keys, stobbs diary.....what am i supposed to do? Once the mage in the monsters room saw me, i climbed down the ladder and he cam to the basement and i killed him.....guess he came through the door that's not frobbable......please someone help...thx

ah i moved om with a sword
    Last edited by Supremcee; 5th Jul 2012 at 09:29.

So, you found the hook ? That's good. But you need to make it 'more powerfull' in order to put it to good use.
    This will allow you to make progress on one of the side-quests (that you mentioned), but it is not required to complete this one.
    But in order to make some real progress in this mission, you should re-read the note attached near the elevator. Sounds like you have everything you need.

You moved on ? Using the sword ???
    Interesting. I have no idea how this could be of any help in this mission.
    Please explain that.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 5th Jul 2012 at 10:00.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    So, you found the hook ? That's good. But you need to make it 'more powerfull' in order to put it to good use.
    This will allow you to make progress on one of the side-quests (that you mentioned), but it is not required to complete this one.
    But in order to make some real progress in this mission, you should re-read the note attached near the elevator. Sounds like you have everything you need.

You moved on ? Using the sword ???
    Interesting. I have no idea how this could be of any help in this mission.
    Please explain that.
    I send you a PM

now i have the next problem......found the angels blood...put it into the right urn......and now???
    and i don't know why to feed the caged beast? i didn't do anything.....
    Last edited by Supremcee; 5th Jul 2012 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    I send you a PM

now i have the next problem......found the angels blood...put it into the right urn......and now???
    and i don't know why to feed the caged beast? i didn't do anything.....
    There are some texts that say that you need 3 different types of blood.
    So, you got one. The other ones will be more challenging.
    Read the texts again and proof that you have the nose of a blood-dog.

EDIT: Sorry. I think this hint was totally misleading.
    You should take care of the demon in the main hall.
    Read the note in the room with Shardanghs body nearby.
    However, you need to open the box in the library first. Yet another complicated puzzle.

With the caged beast you mean the Crayman ?
    Well, you missed that part due to the unconventional way you got to the 2. floor.
    The purpose would have been to make someone come downstairs and leave the other gate open.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 5th Jul 2012 at 11:53.

Awesome! Been looking forward to this one for a while.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations on the release!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Just finished it, damn it was awesome.

Got stuck several times, but after some thoughts I managed to solve every puzzle. A few more hints would have been useful, too many things to do, at moments I ended up randomly trying objects here and there until something happen. But overall it's a very well thought mission, the puzzles make sense somehow and pretty impressive considering it's your first mission.

I really like the forest at the beginning, very chaotic and claustrophobic, and the surprising way you modified the OM.
    Found 2 secrets out of 3, and 2 optional objectives.

Wanted to add the FM title in the tags but it's too long...

I had some random crashes here and there, more than 10 I think, but as I often quicksave it was no big deal.

Yeah it's an awesome mission....but i'm to stupid have the green gem, a bone key, skull key, a hammer, a knife! i guess is should crush the knife with the hammer and mix the powder with sth to eat and hang it to the monster so that it turns into an insect? AM I RIGHT? i don't think so.....i need help..again

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    use the green gem on the dead mage, shardwhatever, then use the corpse on the hook in the big hall. You get an insect.
    You'll use the knife later on this insect, to have blood.
    Bone key is for the slave at the beginning. optionnal objective

Later you'll find a use for the hammer and skull key.

I have runned around for hours, finally i got the lever handle, and now
    i have done the same again but have no clue where to use the handle.
    Some little clue, or big

*EDIT*
    I playing on expert

I cant get to the upper sections. I have the urn of hot blood but don't know where to use it. I'm playing on normal and everything is complete except for killing that guy and escaping. There's a lockbox in a small room i cant open and there's a metal panel on the wall high up in another room i cant get open either. I guess either 1 of those or the urn helps that guy escape???
    Last edited by nickie; 7th Jul 2012 at 10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Exit the mansion and see if you can find another entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    I cant get to the upper sections. I have the urn of hot blood but don't know where to use it. I'm playing on normal and everything is complete except for killing that guy and escaping. There's a lockbox in a small room i cant open and there's a metal panel on the wall high up in another room i cant get open either. I guess either 1 of those or the urn helps that guy escape???
    Ok. First you need to open the metal panel in the room you mentioned.
    There is a switch nearby behind the bookshelf.
    Read the scroll that you will find carefully and you will find a hint on the key for the lockbox.
    And the rest should be clear.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 5th Jul 2012 at 17:58.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    You need to find the key to open the lockbox. I assume this is the one in the uppermost floor on the east side of the mansion. There is a clue to it's location in a scroll on the uppermost floor on the west side, behind a hidden switch. Behind the hidden panel which was a secret in the original thief 2 mission. Extra hints: The key is located somewhere close to the outside of Versaw's room.

This mission was beyond awesome! Seriously man, well done!
    The ape playing the piano is just about my favorite thing ever. No really...like...f***ing EVER.
    I've done everything but "return to where I started" to finish the mission, and I have a few questions:
    Okay, so there's a ton of stuff I clearly haven't finished. I have a hook, bone key, and metal mold in my inventory that I've seen no use for as of yet. I never figured out what to do with the magnetised boulder in the cellar or the tiny hole in the wall in the basement. I'm assuming the hook factors into the second puzzle somehow, and I'm guessing the bone key is suppose to remove the collar from the guy at the beginning...unfortunately using it on him has no effect. If it helps, I'm playing on "hard" difficulty. Once again, fantastic mission!