TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a funny book...

TTLG Server Goddess
    My vote is for "Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch" written by both Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

It's pee-your-pants funny!

F In Exams - The Very Best Totally Wrong Answers

http://www.amazon.com/Exams-Very-Tot...rds=f+in+exams

Just about anything by Christopher Moore, Bukowski, or even Hunter Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Man, I'm trying to get through American Psycho, but it is incredibly tough to read. The graphic brutality makes it almost unreadable to me. I guess I can find *some* humor in how tweaky Pat Bateman is; however, it seems like it is more a product of his mental condition than eccentric behavior.

Still not sure if I can even get through it (I'm about 75% of the way there)... I'm reading Catch-22 at the same time (which is incredible, great recommendation!) which definitely gives me something to go to after I finish one of the violent scenes in AP. I'm not quite sure how AP is considered a classic... some of the social commentary present in the book is interesting, but the delivery is painful (no pun intended). Some of these scenes get "stuck" in the head, too.

Thanks for all these recommendations, however... the sample list on my Kindle has about 10 books that I plan to follow up on from this thread.

Funny book I am reading right now: Death With Interruptions by Jose Saramago. Basically, randomly, people within a certain unspecified country stop dying. The book does an interesting job of showing how various different industries are affected and respond to the 'crisis' in a satirical and sometimes even self-referential manner.

That being said, I loathe the writing style; it's one of those "hey I don't believe in punctuation" where literally dialogues are all in one line with mere commas separating the speakers. Very annoying to read, but the content's good.