TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thief fan mission with slender man?

thief fan mission with slender man?

i am wondering if there has ever been a thief fan mission with slender man in it?

My Alchemic Allusions has some weird skinny folks, but that may not be what you're looking for
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Considering Slender Man walks around appears in a black suit and a hat, he'd probably look extremely out of place in the world of Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Considering Slender Man walks around appears in a black suit and a hat, he'd probably look extremely out of place in the world of Thief.
    I do remember seeing a painting somewhere in a T2 FM where someone was wearing a tuxedo and I thought it also seemed a bit out of place.

I think it was a portrait of Sheriff Truart.

I do not recall any mission with anyone wearing a top hat though except maybe in King's Story.

Probably the closest related creature in the Thief world to Slender Man would be the Shadow people. Just give one a top hat and it would resemble it.

Clearinghouse
    The Abominable Dr. Dragon?

Those glass haunts were awesome.

It just needs really long arms, to be about near as tall as a tree beast, a top hat, tuxedo, somewhat shadowy like the shadow people already mentioned and shaped similar to the ones in Komag's Alchemic Allusions.

It should also appear and disappear quickly into walls or rocks like some thief characters do.

A lot of potential from different FMs from the past to draw from.

are you asking if it would be "a good idea" to have an FM with this type of character...

.....or are you "looking for" an FM with this type of character?

i just wanted to know if someone every sliped in a slender man in a fan mission to see if anyone has noticed

and as far as how he looks here is a real picture of slender man in a forest,and no he does not wear a top hat all the time

from what has been gathered about slender man it is some kind of shape shifter who is able to mimic human appearance,but not perfectly,his arms are very tentacle like a squid.

but i think to have him in a forest type map would be so epic,he its perfect in that ,also when i was a kid i use to dream about him in a massive warehouse/factory kinda like lord allen factory if i had to compare it to a fan mission

if the hag can be the main boss in thief 3 then i dont see how slenderman would be though of as out of place,as his story is unknown and can be told any way to fit a situation.

the only mission to ever really scare me was i forgot the name of the mission but there was a super long hallway type area underground and you had to hit a switch to open a door ,but way on the other side of that long hallway was a cray beast type creature that was able to run so fast ,that if you did not do the correct thing you would be killed asap

what was the most scary moment in thief fan mission for you all?
    Last edited by downwinder; 15th Jul 2012 at 20:56.

opps forgot to add pic of slender man and yes this is a real pic

Uhm, sorry to burst your bubble, but the "legend" of Slender Man was created by Victor Surge in this thread over at Something Awful a few years ago. In case you were being serious.

This thread bewilders and amazes me.

Scariest FM ... I still recall the boo moments from 7th Crystal and Inverse Manse sure enough. But as far as a feeling of pure dread and terror, I'd have to say ... probably those Keepers from Equilibrium. You could hear them coming, but not see them until they were almost right on top of you... That one little gimmick made them the scariest AI ever IMO. And there were places where you had to go through light and roll the dice.

(Haha, don't be such a voice of reason, Yandros...)

I don't know if I'd call it my #1, but Equilibrium certainly did scare me big time the first time I played it, since I had never encountered stealthy opponents before. I remember going down one of the first hallways, not being too careful since no enemies were apparent, and suddenly I was getting attacked and freaked out.

slender man pic i posted was from the 50's i think,the myth of slender man goes back further then the internet.

Wow, I think downwinder needs to put down the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post

opps forgot to add pic of slender man and yes this is a real pic
    lol...he must have run off through the woods,I cant see anyone there ,unless he looks like a tree...what does he look like without the camoflage

ahh I see what you mean,I found this pic...yes he's quite cool

he could be Viktoria's Dad!

jones you are so right i never though of that,and since me and viktoria are a couple he would be my step father.

slender man pic i posted was from the 50's i think,the myth of slender man goes back further then the internet.
    So that's why it's dated 2010 in the lower right, eh? I think you're just yankin' our chains here. Or trying to.

And all this time I thought Enderman was a kind of original name.

Heh, yes quite the opposite it seems.

the only mission to ever really scare me was i forgot the name of the mission but there was a super long hallway type area underground and you had to hit a switch to open a door ,but way on the other side of that long hallway was a cray beast type creature that was able to run so fast ,that if you did not do the correct thing you would be killed asap
    This is in Broadsword of Sheol.

Marble Taffers

Now that the Broadsword of Sheol gets mentioned, I have to say it is the single scariest FM I've ever played. The sheer terror it induces gives me the shivers, even when I think of it.
    And now I gotta replay it.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    This thread bewilders and amazes me.

Scariest FM ... I still recall the boo moments from 7th Crystal and Inverse Manse sure enough. But as far as a feeling of pure dread and terror, I'd have to say ... probably those Keepers from Equilibrium. You could hear them coming, but not see them until they were almost right on top of you... That one little gimmick made them the scariest AI ever IMO. And there were places where you had to go through light and roll the dice.
    [/size]
    You ever play Ink and Dust? The Dark Zone was the scariest experience I ever had playing Thief, even scarier than the first time I played the Cradle.