TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Kieron Gillen talks Thief, The Cradle

Kieron Gillen talks Thief, The Cradle

Since you guys seemed to like a podcast I did a while ago (Brendon Chung talking about why Thief is his favourite game), I thought I'd post quickly to let you know about a follow-up. It's only 10 minutes long.

In this one RPS co-founder Kieron Gillen talks about The Cradle, why it's scary, what inspired it and content that was cut from the final version of Thief: Deadly Shadows.

Listen online: http://joemartinwords.com/2012/07/09...d-hyperbole-6/
    iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/j...ds/id530142743

Hello new person. - enjoy we did. You could probably just tweak your podcast thing so it was people talking hyperbolically about Thief each week. That'd be kinda neat.

Heh - I dunno about that, but I'm hoping to include some more Thief talk in the future, definitely. I have some professional contacts who've worked on Thief 4 that I'm hoping to involve.

It was very interesting when i could understand it, but being American I had a hard time with the uber-fast thick accent

Do you have a transcript? I hate podcasts with everyone talking so painfully slow... in accents I can barely understand... in a high pitch soprano that makes my ears bleed...

That's Kieron Gillen anyway guys. I don't mind pompous or artsy and vocal people, but I've never read anything the man wrote about game design theories which wasn't missing the point by a mile, blowing out of proportion unimportant details or followed consistently an internal logic.
    Last edited by Briareos H; 12th Jul 2012 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Komag View Post
    It was very interesting when i could understand it, but being American I had a hard time with the uber-fast thick accent
    Those Ammuricans..