TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Using S&R's to change model that animates properly ?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Using S&R's to change model that animates properly ?

I have an animated model, but when changing models, all I get is the superficial model with no animation.

I am using 5 models for each animation. Obb 6

1.Model animating - works nicely
    2.Model animating, and then changing to different model- will not animate.
    3.Both models which animate are set up exactly the same in the gamesystem.

I was able to animate the 2nd model without any control, and the control is what I need.

Is there any way to get the 2nd model to animate as it should ?

I think you are saying that you have 2 archetypal objects, call them A and B. And each is set up with a models tweq, just like the torches, for example for A it might be:

Tweq > ModelsState: {On; [None]; 0; 0}
    Tweq > Models: {Continue; No Limit; Anchor, Random; Jitter Hi; 125; A1; A2; A3; A4; A5; A6}

And when you create concrete objects A and B in DromEd, both of them animate just fine. But if you use S/Rs for a Create Object effect to create either A or B dynamically while the game is running, the objects don't get created with the animation running? Does this happen if you use S/Rs to create a torch?
    Last edited by LarryG; 15th Jul 2012 at 02:06. Reason: : => ;

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I think you are saying that you have 2 archetypal objects, call them A and B. And each is set up with a models tweq, just like the torches, for example for A it might be:

Tweq > ModelsState: {On; [None]; 0; 0}
    Tweq > Models: {Continue; No Limit: Anchor, Random; Jitter Hi; 125; A1; A2; A3; A4; A5; A6}

And when you create concrete objects A and B in DromEd, both of them animate just fine. But if you use S/Rs for a Create Object effect to create either A or B dynamically while the game is running, the objects don't get created with the animation running? Does this happen if you use S/Rs to create a torch?
    Yes, this is what I am doing. I haven't tried to use it on torches. Good idea, I will setup, and try it on torch models.

See, my problem is I have made a couple doors from objects. The top door translates with the bottom door. To give you an idea, it is like a boom coming down to a table. The bottom door is also an animated object control with a turn on, so the model is setup with stop tweak, and model state off. When the boom translates all the way down, the model contacts a source, and the model then turns on via a button sending turn on to the model. Now, in the second phaze, the boom drops down making contact on another source, and the model should then change, but the turn on does not animate it, like the first model did. Yes, they are both setup, completely different models with exactly the same model animation. Stop Tweak, Sim, Grav-5 models each for the animation of the one object.

The 2nd model does change with it's contact to the source, but it does not animate like the first model.

If it weren't for using all three objects as doors also, it would be less complicated. I also use one of the receptrons to add a metaproperty, to add TweqOnOff to the first model to activate at a later time, then the turn on comes after to animate it. Same exact setup on the 2nd model, but no animation. The script is added successfully to the first model, but not when the model changes to the 2nd model.

This may not be even possible, as I tried something similar years back, and had to give it up.

Dont feel bad Larry, my brain quit functioning all together years ago !

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I don't know if I'm on the same page here, or if this is what you're going for, but why not have the item that needs to be 'created' sitting already in a blue room, and then the S&R teleports it into position where needed, and teleports the old one out?

Admittedly, with my limited Dromed knowledge, I had to use this method about 40+ times in my mission, instead of something really complex. But if the object already exists in the level, it's animations seem to work fine regardless of where it's moved. For instance, I did this with a metal mold that needed to open and close when placed in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    I don't know if I'm on the same page here, or if this is what you're going for, but why not have the item that needs to be 'created' sitting already in a blue room, and then the S&R teleports it into position where needed, and teleports the old one out?

Admittedly, with my limited Dromed knowledge, I had to use this method about 40+ times in my mission, instead of something really complex. But if the object already exists in the level, it's animations seem to work fine regardless of where it's moved. For instance, I did this with a metal mold that needed to open and close when placed in the world.
    Thanks Xorak, but these 3 items are all translating doors. If they weren't doors then teleportation would be more than feasible.

The problem is actually solved, I just changed the 3rd door/model to animate with .gifs only, then timed it using a conversation to activate the next stage thereafter. In my opinion after attempting this over the years, it is not possible using doors.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 16th Jul 2012 at 10:38.