TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 3: Pagans - where to find moss arrows?

Thief 3: Pagans - where to find moss arrows?

Gerhard Eichberger

I was looking for Thief 3 a long time, it wasn't available here in Austria. But then I've got a package called "The Thief Series" containing Thief Gold, Thief 2, and Thief 3. (I've had Thief 1 and Thief 2 in the German versions.)

Well, now I have a little problem in Thief 3 (Deadly Shadows).

I've done the part with the Hammerites, and now I'm at the Pagans. Now I find that I need a moss arrow and a water arrow. Where I have enough water arrows, I don't have a moss arrow. Where can I find one? I was searching in the sewers and in the upper part of the Pagan district.

If there are no moss arrows in the Pagan section - how can I return to the city? I also don't have a rope arrow or a vine arrow.

Can anybody here help me?

Besides, the search function here doesn't function. Internet Explorer always comes to a "The website can't be displayed." when I try to search here...

Gerhard

jtr7
    Pagan Sanctuary Pt.1:
    1 right before the mineshafts slope down into the waters of the abandoned Hammerite Factory.

Pagan Sanctuary pt.2:
    1 on a patch of moss near the Taproot with the Jacknall’s Paw, and--
    1 in a far corner of a room, with a door flanked by elks' skulls on poles, and the posted notice about protecting the Bronze Beetle loot.

What you need is provided in the Taproot room, unless the resources are squandered.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger View Post
    Besides, the search function here doesn't function. Internet Explorer always comes to a "The website can't be displayed." when I try to search here...
    jtr7 can not simply be displayed. He can only be summoned.

(seriously though, the search index is pretty huge and can take some time to give results)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger View Post
    Gerhard Eichberger
    http://t4lg.anodal.org/

Gerhard Eichberger

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Pagan Sanctuary Pt.1:
    1 right before the mineshafts slope down into the waters of the abandoned Hammerite Factory.
    What section do you mean with "abandoned Hammerite Factory"?

This mission starts in the mines (or better said caves), then I come to some sewers, where a treebeast is. Above it is the ladder leading to a "portal" (the blue-white fog) where I reach the pagan-sanctuary (if Google Translator translates "Heiden-Heiligtum" correct). From there I can go over a curvy bridge (where down another treebeast is), and there is a section where I can go upstairs, and also a section where I go downstaris. Downstairs in the cellar is the large tree where that is what I think is called Jacknall's Paw.

Pagan Sanctuary pt.2:
    1 on a patch of moss near the Taproot with the Jacknall’s Paw,
    I didn't find any moss arrow here. There is only the mossy place where I'm supposed to shoot the moss arrow.

and--
    1 in a far corner of a room, with a door flanked by elks' skulls on poles, and the posted notice about protecting the Bronze Beetle loot.
    Where is this room exactly?
    There is the room where some pagans are training that has also stairs upwards. There is a ladder upstairs, leading down again. I think I've found some loot here, but no moss arrow.

From outwards (whre the stairs to the cellar are) there are also stairs upwards. I come to a room with some informations (where a pagan shaman was) where another partly broken stair leads upwards to the attic. I have also searched there, there was some loot, but no moss arrow.

Or, did you mean, I need to go down to one of the two treebeasts?

What you need is provided in the Taproot room, unless the resources are squandered.
    I did'nt use any moss arrow.

It is not my way to play to use moss arrows on loud surfaces. Normally I can sneak through such areas.

So please can you give me detail information?

Also, if I don't find moss arrows here (or if they would be used up), could I then go back to the city to buy some moss arrows in a shop and then return to the pagan district?

I have found a walkthrough for Thief 3, but it doesn't say where to find moss arrows...

Gerhard
    Last edited by Gerhard Eichberger; 18th Jul 2012 at 09:26.

There should be both a moss and water crystall on the puddles of the altar wher you perform the ritual. If you haven't spent them, they should still be there.

And what's with this "no TDS in Austria"...?