TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: My memory is shot

My memory is shot

Hi, y'all.

Sorry to, again, post a thread looking for missions, but as I get older and the number of FMs gets larger, I can't seem to keep things straight. With that being said, I'm looking for two missions and I'm working off of pretty vague memories. Any help is appreciated.

First unknown mission - Garrett says something like "I've been reduced to stealing the silverware." When I played this mission, I chuckled to myself since I didn't ever remember being able to steal individual knives, forks and spoons as a place setting in previous missions.

Second unknown mission - Garrett is either really small, or the furniture is really large. I remember using rope arrows to climb on to shelves, tables, etc. Kind of like Garrett and the Beanstalk by Kfort, but to a larger degree.

Again, any feedback is very much appreciated! Thanks!

TJ

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by itllrun10s View Post
    Second unknown mission - Garrett is either really small, or the furniture is really large. I remember using rope arrows to climb on to shelves, tables, etc. Kind of like Garrett and the Beanstalk by Kfort, but to a larger degree.
    Memoirs of a Dead God?

There is also LittleBigLand in the OM in T1 where you infiltrate Constantine's mansion to steal the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by itllrun10s View Post
    First unknown mission - Garrett says something like "I've been reduced to stealing the silverware." When I played this mission, I chuckled to myself since I didn't ever remember being able to steal individual knives, forks and spoons as a place setting in previous missions.
    Ooo, I just replayed this mission. It's 'Lord Fishkill's Curse'. Garrett says that, when his in a Dining Hall and starts to nick the silverware from the table.

As for the second mission, I also remember playing it. But I can't recall the name. I remember being in a BIG kitchen, climbing on the shelves, the worksurface, there's a living room and me climbing into the gaps of the cushions in the sofa, the exit, was a mouse hole.
    Last edited by shadows; 30th Jul 2012 at 01:07.

"Fables of a Penitent Thief" also has such a "little big area" in mission 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    "Fables of a Penitent Thief" also has such a "little big area" in mission 2.
    I can't find this mission on thiefmissions.com. In any case, I did find some u-toob playthroughs and i know the mission i am on about isn't this one, lol. It's so cartoony. Yet i recall having played this mission at all.

2nd = Garrett and the beanstalk

Nope, the 2nd one is a TG mission called The Item, by Oszkar Winkler. (I've been playing / re-playing plenty of TG FMs recently).

Fables of a Penitent Thief
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 30th Jul 2012 at 14:41. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Ooo, I just replayed this mission. It's 'Lord Fishkill's Curse'. Garrett says that, when his in a Dining Hall and starts to nick the silverware from the table.

As for the second mission, I also remember playing it. But I can't recall the name. I remember being in a BIG kitchen, climbing on the shelves, the worksurface, there's a living room and me climbing into the gaps of the cushions in the sofa, the exit, was a mouse hole.
    Shadows - Thanks for straightening out the first mission. LFC is the one I was looking for. Also, the second mission I am looking for is the one you're referring to. I remember the kitchen and leaving through the mouse hole.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I really appreciate it. I just wish I could figure out the second mission. I'll try the second part of Memoirs of a Dead God, as Clearing suggested.

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post, that the second mission I am looking for is for T2. Terrible to say, but I have not even started playing any of the T1 and TG missions. I've got a lot more playing ahead of me!

TJ

Thanks for the download link Sticky Fingers.

I checked Garrett and the Beanstalk and it's not that, the rooms are not the same, plus you leave via the beanstalk, not the mouse hole.

It's not mission 2 of Memoirs of a Dead God either. I replayed this recently and was on mission 2, unless there's a massive area i haven't got to yet.

itllrun10s is right, I am pretty sure the mission was T2.

I will need to check out the other suggestions, thanks for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    It's not mission 2 of Memoirs of a Dead God either. I replayed this recently and was on mission 2, unless there's a massive area i haven't got to yet.
    Have you been into the vault yet in mission 2? What you are describing sounds a lot like mission 2 of MoaDG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Have you been into the vault yet in mission 2? What you are describing sounds a lot like mission 2 of MoaDG.
    No i haven't yet. In the topic for 'Memoirs', i found a reference to 'two big rooms', perhaps this is it, yet that topic didn't have more references, which i would have expected. In any case i am trying hard to get into that Vault, but i can't. I can't find the hand for the hand scanner. Curses. Thanks for your help.

OK I've managed to get into the Vault and into the 2 big rooms, I am afraid to say that this isn't the FM I played before. But it was very enjoyable, I like the funky music in the background while i was in the 'Big World', haha. I did not think Memoirs of a Dead God, would become so fun at the end. Oh well, the search continues...

Shadows and Tannar,

I really appreciate your help with this. I've been playing through FMs left and right and still haven't found the one I'm looking for.

If I find the one, I'll post it.

Thanks!

Clearing and Tannar are right. Memoirs of a Dead God is the one I was looking for! I made it in to the vault and that's where the rooms that I remembered are located. This mission really opens up once you are in there.

Shadows - Please let me know if you figure out the mission you were referring to. I would love to play it.

Again, thanks for everyone's help!
    Last edited by itllrun10s; 31st Jul 2012 at 20:17.

Glad you found it.

OK, I finally got around to checking 'Little Big World' in Thief Gold and I am happy to report, this is the mission I was looking for after all! Ooo, this brings back memories! the mousehole where you exit, the sofa with the gaps in the cushion and the objects fallen down there, the big kitchen sink, ah Thanks for the help fellows!

Yeah, I remember coming out of the pond and seeing this big barrel hoop, realizing I was in a sink and that the barrel hoop was a ring! Fire arrow heads on the end of wooden matches, a rope arrow for a threaded needle, the human skeleton in the mousetrap, all of it so cool!