TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T3 FM: Night of Trickster (09.11.2015) Update: v3.0

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Koning Kaas View Post
    From the location of the thief you can get to a window with closed shutters, open them and climb through.
    Bah, if you refering to the ones next to the thiefs open window, I have tried and just keep falling to the street...

[update] never mind, after more than a few jumps I made it.. I forgot how much I love T3 mantling, not...

I am having great fun with this new mission!
    But I am stuck for hours already.
    Still missing the keys to the armory, library and the crypt at the bottom.
    Found only 1 key so far : I think it was for the room of the high-priest. Have not found the morgue yet either.
    Interesting plot, Savar ! Now I know why you would reuse textures from Castl Wolfenstein

EDIT: Ok, found the key for the crypt, which gets me going again. Sure enough a nazi had fetched the key.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 17th Dec 2012 at 08:22.

Totally stuck I can only find one door that I could pick and one balcony I could climb?? I have been from one end to the other and gotten rid of all the night watch. I have found some crates am I supposed to climb them??
    I can hear some other guards up high but don't know how to get there!

EDIT: Finally made some progress!
    Last edited by pwl; 16th Dec 2012 at 20:48.

Been searching the Cathedral for awhile now LOVING IT!! but those green Orbs are a Bitch!!

Thanks Savar for another GREAT mission!

Where is the key to the armory ?
    I am running low on good weapons and I have a bloody nose already.

Oh, Savar, would you care to give us an idea what the next part will be about?
    I guess pretty much everyone is a bit surprised about the story in this mission.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 17th Dec 2012 at 09:23.

Stuck

Need some help - outside the Cathedral gates. Where is the lever mentioned on a previous post?
    Have tried using those boxes but cannot get high enough to be of any use.
    Last edited by Draigcoch; 17th Dec 2012 at 11:14. Reason: used html instead of spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Need some help - outside the Cathedral gates. Where is the lever mentioned on a previous post?
    Have tried using those boxes but cannot get high enough to be of any use.
    Have you found the thief already?
    If so, then step out of the window and jump to the window on the right.
    If not, then check the canopy in front of the gate to the church. You need all 3 crates in order to get up.

gnartsch: Did you ever find the Armory key? If so where? Thanx Ahead of time,

EDIT: I finished without ever finding the armory key. Those items in there would have made it a little easier!! anyway GREAT JOB Savar!!
    Last edited by pwl; 17th Dec 2012 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    gnartsch: Did you ever find the Armory key? If so where? Thanx Ahead of time,
    No. Haven't found the Armory Key yet.
    And since the author does not seem to be willing to give away its location, it will remain a secret.
    Found 98% loot (7250) and I would have liked to check if the rest might be there.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the mission, Savar.
    And I am curious how the campaign will be continued.

gnartsch: You did really great on the loot I think I ended up with 83%??

Questions

I made it through the mission in a strange order. I've already visited the morgue and killed the 'big guy', and only just now visited the high priest's chambers. Earlier explorations lead to a few questions:

1) I previously checked out the water pump room and found a special loot and defeated the guy at the far end with the bow. However, the big pump behind him is not frobbable, at least earlier when I didn't have the goal of getting the crystal. Am I missing something?

2) I previously made it to the portal and stole the crystal, but it was impossible to get back due to falling parts of the room. How am I supposed to return to safety after getting the crystal?

3) I'm at pretty low health and really could use the armory - any hints to the armory key's location?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    - prjames
    Regarding 1) : There is a key close to the guy in the water pump room, which will give you an alternate access to the portal room.
    2) Once you get the crystal, find an exit via the grate.
    In case you got the key already from 1), you can either make a safe exit.
    In case you did not get it, this route will at least allow you to cross the pit. Make sur to stick to the right when you drop down. The final jump is hard, but absolutely possible.
    3) ???
    Last edited by gnartsch; 19th Dec 2012 at 05:06.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    3) ???
    You are the undisputed Loot Hunter King! You don't have a list, do you? Just in case, I'd appreciate a copy - eventually by PM - because my best efforts yielded 1200 less...
    The Armory key must betotally invisible - like the Library key in the blood pool under the Morgue - and without the faintest hint in the readables...

3) I'm at pretty low health and really could use the armory - any hints to the armory key's location?
    3) ???
    The Armory Key is hidden in the Church Shop room. This room is on the Cathedral's ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiens View Post
    The Armory Key is hidden in the Church Shop room. This room is on the Cathedral's ground floor.
    Thanks, Tiens !
    How on earth would one have been expected to find it ?
    Hidden behind something that blocks your view and which can not be frobbed either, so that you have to squeeze behind it.

gnartsch,pwl
    Anyway, thanks a bunch for the mission, Savar. And I am curious how the campaign will be continued.
    GREAT JOB Savar!!
    Thank you friends
    How on earth would one have been expected to find it?
    Push the bag lying in the niche cabinet.

Bonus Video №1: Hard Loot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoEDJU7hg14
    Last edited by Savar; 23rd Dec 2012 at 13:07.

I tried to use those crates at St. Mark's Abbey, but I just wasted about 30 minutes on fighting with wonky physics and looking for places to mantle. Crate-stacking and platformer-style jumping aren't TDS strong points. You should have given the players more proper tools to progress further, and at least provide some subtle visual indication on where to start. Also, those last few turns and the St Marks area suffer from framerate drops, which makes precise jumping even harder.

Regarding 1) : There is a key close to the guy in the water pump room, which will give you an alternate access to the portal room.
    I have searched all around that railing, the guy with the key, the machinery right around there (nice rotating wheel), and I cannot find a key after much searching. It definitely does not appear to be on the guy. I need a little more detail on exactly where that key is - I sure hope I didn't push it into the lava somehow.

- prjames

I have searched all around that railing, the guy with the key, the machinery right around there (nice rotating wheel), and I cannot find a key after much searching. It definitely does not appear to be on the guy. I need a little more detail on exactly where that key is - I sure hope I didn't push it into the lava somehow.

- prjames
    Hmmmm... did you take out the guy with a fire-arrow?
    The key is not on the guy, but sitting on a small ledge which is part of the enclosure of the turning wheel.
    At least that is the place on Expert. Not sure if it might be located somewhere else on other difficulties.
    Check your PM to find a screenshot.

Hmmmm... did you take out the guy with a fire-arrow?
    The key is not on the guy, but sitting on a small ledge which is part of the enclosure of the turning wheel.
    At least that is the place on Expert. Not sure if it might be located somewhere else on other difficulties.
    Check your PM to find a screenshot.
    Thanks for the info, I'll check again tonight but I suspect the key is a different place on Easy (the difficulty I'm playing). Savar, are certain keys (like this one) at different places on different difficulties? If so, where is the key to the door next to the water pump room?

- prjames

Thanks, Savar for this new mission! I love Thief-3!

However I'm stuck near the thief's house. Since half an hour I'm handling with those damned crates. I find it extremely difficult to stack them, they always fall apart.
    Is there another, easier way to go up? I really would like to proceed in this mission.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers Urumo

If so, where is the key to the door next to the water pump room?
    The key in Water Pump Room:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_N_Z-YSrM

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    Thanks for the pointer (I wasn't expecting a video ).

The first time I played, I went to the water pump room, made my way over to the guy and defeated him, and then climbed around the area without finding the key, proceeded to find the stamped gear, and then exited. Later, once I learned there was a key I was supposed to get, I returned to the area where the guy was - no key.

After viewing your video, I reloaded at the point where I first entered the water pump room, and made my way back to the area where the guy was - and sure enough, the key was exactly where it was supposed to be. I therefore conclude (but haven't proved) climbing around the key can cause the key to move to an unreachable area. So, if you can't find this key, reload at the point where you first enter the water pump room, and replicate the moves in the video.

(And further, this proves key locations are not different based on difficulty.)

On to the rest of the game - I must replay some stuff - but now that I know how to get into the Armory, I can go there first and replay in a slightly more, shall we say, aggressive style. "On to the Vault!"

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    Koning Kaas
    Key to the library: the key is under the table in a pool of blood
    hi everyone!!!...may I ask where is this table with the pool of blood and the library key please ? I am going up and down but no morgue room so far. I only have high priest 's key and the ring with keys thank you all !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    ...where is this table with the pool of blood and the library key please ? I am going up and down but no morgue room so far...
    Everything, that you have mentioned, is in the lowest part of the Cathedral's basement. The morgue room is rather large and its decoration is individual, so you will recognize it from the first sight.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast