TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Still Subjective
    But back to the point: this is also the basic idea behind Silent Hill 2?
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Chakat sex pillow
    No. It's an examination of the concept of purgatory and a pretty subversive take on the assumptions we make when we control an avatar. SH1 is more directly inspired by JL, as is 3. SH2 takes the foundation laid in SH1 and uses it to explore darker, more personal things.

Still Subjective
    I suppose getting them on PS3/PSN should be my next step then.

Once I've cleared my backlog of course.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I really do recommend you search for the PS2 versions. Even though Konami supposedly patched the HD collection from what I'm hearing it's still not good enough.

I'm largely being facetious when I call JL the real SH2 movie, but there are connections to be made. In many ways Jacob's Ladder was a sort of examination of purgatory as well -- keeping in mind the chiropractor and his philosophy. And anyway, James' jacket is exactly the same as Jacob's -- a US Army M65 Field Jacket.
    Last edited by dethtoll; 18th Aug 2012 at 07:19.

Still Subjective
    I don't have a PS2 nor is my PS3 compatible.

You could always borrow a copy of the ps2 version off a friend then play them via emulator (PCSX2) on your PC in super high Res if you have a moderately good PC.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Or just buy a PS2 FFS they're like $100 if that.

Still Subjective
    Indeed. When I clear this back log.

The SH games stole a TON of imagery and plot elements from Jacob's Ladder, so dethtoll's statement is quite right. The developers have admitted as such iirc.

The SH movie was absolute garbage. The imagery and use of Yamaoka's music were the only redeeming features. And the final sequence completely derailed the plot of the original game (which didn't make a ton of sense anyway, tbh) into some extremely stupid territory. SH4 was much closer to the spirit of the first 3 games then the movie, and it frankly had a better plot than anything else SH-related besides SH2 (though it certainly failed to involve you with any of the characters).