TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Do you think another CM leaving is good for the THI4F project?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!...This is a good sign for the THI4F project.

2 5.26%
  • Neutral...I don't think this means anything.

26 68.42%
  • No!...This is a bad sign for the THI4F project!

10 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another THI4F Community Manager leaves Eidos Montreal

Another THI4F Community Manager leaves Eidos Montreal

It looks like EM's troubles with the THI4F project have gotten worse with the announcement of Coyotegrey (Kyle Stallock) leaving.

First it was Rene...now Kyle.

Will it be three times a charm?...Or is this a sign of bad tidings for THI4F?

What was there to manage anyway? He probably just had nothing to do.

Yeah, I don't think this is any great loss to either the "community" or EM. If memory serves, he wasn't exactly the most personable guy either, so no loss there.

But as far as if it in any way affects T4 development? Um, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Yeah, I don't think this is any great loss to either the "community" or EM. If memory serves, he wasn't exactly the most personable guy either, so no loss there.
    Agreed.

But as far as if it in any way affects T4 development? Um, I don't think so.
    You've got it backwards...A CM leaving would certainly not affect development, yet, it could be an indicator of how development is going...If you consider that this is the second CM that's leaving, along with the other key team members before him, it becomes not unreasonable to think that the THI4F project has been troubled with unwanted development problems.
    Last edited by Vae; 17th Aug 2012 at 18:51.

In the Thiaf 'forum' (aka time wasting/sucking black hole) he has said:

Yep. It's true. I will be leaving. But it has NOTHING to do with the status of the studio, its titles, or anything of that sort. The future's incredibly bright for Eidos-Montreal, but I received a great offer elsewhere that I'm going to pursue. I'll do one of those big fancy "goodbye" posts at a later date.

Regarding a future community manager, a listing will probably go up very soon. My direct reports are on vacation, so our marketing director didn't want to put the job opening without their input first. That's all.

&

I know! There's so much cool stuff going on, it's really hard having to self-censor all the time, but I totally understand why they've taken this route.

&

Thanks a lot. I'll be honest, I've really been looking forward to working with the Thief community. This wasn't an easy decision to make.

I've bitched about his poor presence in the forum in the past, but he's just a cog in the Thiaf Black Hole Machine (tm) so I wish him well (as much as one can wish a person well on a forum on the other side of the planet etc etc).

He will be replaced, the machine will continue to suck ('cos that's what black holes do) and the status quo will remain the same. The machine is fueled by the insanity of the higher-ups in Sqeidos who continually refuse to communicate anything of substance about an announced product.

It's a shame that after 4 years and 2 CM's, that EM has given little to be hopeful for...

If only they'd been honest and true...

Edumacated
    Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    What was there to manage anyway? He probably just had nothing to do.
    This guy was sent to keep you people in line. Way to make him quit.

Last edited by Thief13x; 19th Aug 2012 at 14:53.

Heck, I thought Kyle was a third, not a second, CM of EM. Well, who is (was) Keir?

jtr7
    Keir was an Eidos and Eidos Forums guy who'd been there since before EM existed, not an Eidos Montreal guy.

Although, Kyle did state that two people were hired to replace René. I don't know anything about that, and I'm only guessing the second person has more to do with EM's secret third Multiplayer collaboration with Squeenix, but I've wondered. I also wonder if the two people hired had anything to do with René having concerns he was doing the work of two people. Alas, I don't care much anymore.
    Last edited by jtr7; 19th Aug 2012 at 19:53.

The way his personality came across on the forums rubbed me the wrong way. That and the overall moderating style over there is what lead to me leaving. Wish him the best, but I hope they get someone a little less rude to replace him.

jtr7
    I hope the new person doesn't argue with people who lived through something he/she had no part of. That alone was a major source of conflict. After he finally admitted ignorance of one event before his arrival, I wanted to bring up the other things we knew he didn't know about that he wouldn't stop stupidly defending, but that would be a waste of everything.

Yeah, it's a too bad they've been handling things so poorly over there...and a lot of good people have left because of it. The censorship and mismanagement have certainly taken their toll, as the three of us can surely attest...what a shame...

By the way, it's good to see you again NH...

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    By the way, it's good to see you again NH...
    Thanks Vae. I'm really not around much these days. To be honest, my experience over on the Eidos forums really smothered whatever enthusiasm I had for all things Thief. They have no idea just how poisonous the atmosphere is over there. It's a snake pit.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Thanks Vae. I'm really not around much these days. To be honest, my experience over on the Eidos forums really smothered whatever enthusiasm I had for all things Thief.
    I understand...I have to admit, after that big blowout back in January, I felt the wind taken from my sails. All the passion and excitement that was given to Eidos/EM was met with cold disregard and strange disingenuous behavior...which ultimately led to a slow decay of morale and spirit.

Although I have my doubts, and despite their poor behavior, I still hope that one day a great THIEF game my come.

They have no idea just how poisonous the atmosphere is over there. It's a snake pit.
    *sigh*...Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    The way his personality came across on the forums rubbed me the wrong way. That and the overall moderating style over there is what lead to me leaving. Wish him the best, but I hope they get someone a little less rude to replace him.
    Seriously seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    I hope the new person doesn't argue with people who lived through something he/she had no part of. That alone was a major source of conflict. After he finally admitted ignorance of one event before his arrival, I wanted to bring up the other things we knew he didn't know about that he wouldn't stop stupidly defending, but that would be a waste of everything.
    Well said, Jason.

They have no idea just how poisonous the atmosphere is over there. It's a snake pit.
    Yep. Everythingsies is great and some taffers are just taking a happy little temporary break from the forum, with no negative feelings toward EM or the forum.

At last you arrive...What took you so long?...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Falls View Post
    Yep. Everythingsies is great and some taffers are just taking a happy little temporary break from the forum, with no negative feelings toward EM or the forum.

Absolutsies...Everything is super great and happsies...and that's not because I'm in psychotic denial or that I've sold my soul down the river, as so many think...It's because I'm the self-appointed queen bee that censors what is reality and what is not.

Thanksies

Administrator
    Not sure you've hit the right target there, Vae, but even so it's best if you take that sort of comment to the forums where the person can actually see it and not here.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Not sure you've hit the right target there, Vae, but even so it's best if you take that sort of comment to the forums where the person can actually see it and not here.
    Thank you but, please... no need to take this to the official forum again, I can see it.
    And its okay, really. Myself... I hold no resentful thoughts, so I am at peace... here and over there.

Anyway. to return to topic, if I may.
    I wish Kyle/Coyotegrey all the best in his new job. He's a really cool guy, imo.

Looking forward to meeting the new CM. Hopefully he/she will arrive bearing gifts, hehe. A screenshot or two would be awesome.... or maybe even a date for the trailer release.

Quote Originally Posted by thiefessa View Post
    Thank you but, please... no need to take this to the official forum again, I can see it.
    I had a feeling that would summon you here...It's good to know the effect something has when it hits so close to the mark.

And its okay, really. Myself... I hold no resentful thoughts, so I am at peace... here and over there.
    Of course you are, and I also hold no resentment...I only watch with sad amusement.

BANNED
    As you wish, Vae. Just be happy.

As you wish, Vae. Just be happy.
    I am happy, Julie...You're going to have to do a lot better than that, if you are ever to regain my affections.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I am happy, Julie...You're going to have to do a lot better than that, if you are ever to regain my affections.
    If you are happy... then that is all that matters.
    I don't seek to regain your affections... for that implies that I am not happy... and that most certainly isn't the case.

So... on that note, I think it is fair to conclude that we are both content and all is well in the Maw and we can allow this thread return to topic.

__

The topic is about EM's Community Manager.
    Kyle/coyotegrey has almost finished packing his suitcase ready for departure and I'm looking forward to working with the new appointee... who will introduce themselves on the official forum in due course. Stay tuned, taffers!

Administrator
    I'm looking forward to working with the new appointee... who will introduce themselves on the official forum in due course. Stay tuned, taffers!
    Absolutely. I realise his or her main priority will be the official forums but it would be great if they were able to pop over here at some point to introduce themselves as Rene did when he was CM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Absolutely. I realise his or her main priority will be the official forums but it would be great if they were able to pop over here at some point to introduce themselves as Rene did when he was CM.
    Yes indeed. I shall certainly suggest this to the new CM.