TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More photography! Views from Romania

More photography! Views from Romania

Hi all,

Just got back from a week-long roadtrip to Romania, and of course, I brought back a few piccies for you to enjoy

Album in:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...06106201305201

Includes views of Busteni and Carpathian goodness, Transylvania with the Bran Castle, Brasov and Sighisoara and ending in Bucharest

Hope you like

Still Subjective
    I see you went to the Summer Palace. Quite stunning, no?

I don't see any pictures of Bran Castle thought.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Stunning indeed, incredible location. Undoubtedly among my favourite sights.

The Bran pics are about midway through the set, right before Brasov.

Wow, you've got some impressive pics in there! I love the castle photos especially, they look quite fantastic. Have you got some "pro" camera or what did you shoot them with?

Still Subjective
    Ah yes, I recognised the cross.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Mistaken for a man
    Great pics Quite Draculesque atmosphere in some of them, too.

Very nice, I think I heard the wind howling viewing pictures of the castle. Spooky.

Thanks

Tomi- I use a Nikon D90 (three different lenses). I "develop" them in Adobe Lightroom afterwards.

Very nice, the city squres remind me a lot of the Polish Warsaw's "old town": http://dn3xvn5nu3tgm.cloudfront.net/...21494998s2.jpg (not my link)

Very beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. My list of places to visit before I die just keeps getting longer...

Christ on a bike, why didn't you hit me up with a PM or something? I've been on holiday down here for two weeks now and still hanging around for one more, could've met up for a drink in Bucharest or headed down to the seaside for some sun and boobies.

Anyway, great shots. Gonna have to bum some off you in Hi-Res for my desktop for when I get homesick, as you've probably realised by now Romanians are all jerkoffs and put watermarks on most anything larger than five by twentyone pixels.

Sorry Ostriig I kind of delegated the trip's planning to my gf and her parents (they're from Galati), and didn't really plan anything myself... Next time ok?
    re: hi-res, sure, let me know which ones you want and I'll send you by email.

No idea Romania was so damned pretty. Nice shots! I love the sign warning about bears, and the forest images are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    Sorry Ostriig I kind of delegated the trip's planning to my gf and her parents (they're from Galati), and didn't really plan anything myself... Next time ok?
    re: hi-res, sure, let me know which ones you want and I'll send you by email.
    Heh, no worries dude, next time's a deal. With a Romanian girlfriend you're bound to be going back sooner or later again, if I'm around too we'll get a drink. I'll drop you a PM so I can aesthetically profit from your work.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombras View Post
    No idea Romania was so damned pretty.
    Tomorrow I'll get out my Romanian monastery pics.

Waiting...

Still Subjective
    I'm trying to organise them into an album. At the moment they are with a bunch of other stuff. Google+ isn't easiest to use!

Edit: Here you go!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11302...86281929637585

These were taken with a HTC Sensation so don't expect raph-like quality pictures!
    Last edited by SubJeff; 27th Aug 2012 at 12:15.

Mistaken for a man
    Beautiful place, what is it?

Still Subjective
    Most are them are a monastery but I had to include the Transylvania highway because its so awesome.

Mistaken for a man
    Yes but whaaat monastery!?? (Sorry if I've missed a previous travel report or something..)

Still Subjective
    Don't know the name. We stopped off there on our Romanian tour.

Mistaken for a man
    Blah.

Beautiful.

Still Subjective
    Found it with Google Image Search.

It's called Barsana Monastery. We were on a, errr, tour of Romania that wasn't reaaally sightseeing. I woke up in the minivan and ta-da here we were. Was totally worth it. It's like something out of a fairytale.

Mistaken for a man
    Thanks Subjeff sweetypie <3 Yes, looks like quite fairytaleish (or Dragon Ageish ). Amazing to think people actually live there.