TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Is he dead or alive?

Is he dead or alive?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I just started playing. I just did my first takedown. Now ... how do I know if I killed him or if he is unconscious?

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    did you go for the lethal or non-lethal option

I don't know. I wasn't paying attention. New game and all.

Now I'm passed that area. Is there a way to toggle "no clip" and go back and check?

I just looked at a body I hit with the tranq rifle. No special marks. Lets see what a dead body looks like. I'll hit someone with something lethal.

I thought there was some kind of icon indicating dead or alive.

Found the "special" mark.

There is a "Zzz" mark if unconscious and a "skull" mark if dead. The marks show in the move/search option box.

Thanks dethtoll for your reply.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    i was actually being sarcastic because how the the fuck does one miss this shit

Indeed. The lethal animations are pretty obvious I thought.

True, but if you had only seen a non-lethal takedown, you could possibly mistake it for a lethal one, since some of those punches are pretty fucking brutal.

Obviously if you've seen a lethal takedown, that shit will never be mistaken for non-lethal ("so I stabbed him nine times, is he unconscious?"), but the inverse is not necessarily true. Throatpunches from a guy with giant bionic arms might appear borderline lethal unless you also have a handy comparison stab-frenzy takedown to gauge it against.

And it doesn't have the handy "[unconscious]" hovertext that DX did. And appears to have some ambiguity, too (I definitely killed people with tranq darts, which while realistic..was nevertheless annoying).

That is correct DDL. Sometimes a tranq dart shot kills.But I can't figure out why a tranq dart shot from a distance would be lethal. A bug???

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    That is correct DDL. Sometimes a tranq dart shot kills.But I can't figure out why a tranq dart shot from a distance would be lethal. A bug???

Well, an extremely lucky (or unlucky) shot might put the dart into the eye, where it could penetrate past thin bones and into the brain.

Nice to see our Deus Ex forum humming along with the important issues of the day.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm finding it to be pretty informative, actually.

...if shoot guy in eye, guy die. Comeon, people. I need more for my notes.