TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Cryptic Realms 1.19 New Dark (14/10/2012).

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Stuck in lost city area. Where am I to find the object for the cup?
    Enjoy a walk on the top of the piramid

Thanks, Sensut! Great work!

Really enjoying this, but there is a slight 'problem'.

When I am fighting the skeletons with my sword, sometimes the sword passes straight through them! I have to hit them in the 'right' place, around the centre to get a hit, if i try to hit slightly above that, i can't hit them. This also happened, when fighting the very tall musician.

This is very frustrating, considering how tough opponents they are and EVERY hit has to count. Not to mention the fact the skeletons, actual sword length is longer then their appearance. I am also playing on Expert, so don't have many hitpoints. Don't get me wrong, I've already gotten to the Lost City and haven't lost a single hitpoint.

I understand that the 'skin' of the skeleton, and it's actual collision detection area, may differ, but it's kinda unfair, especially, when the two should match up. Thought I would point this out as constructive criticism. Of course, if this is a limitation of the Dark Engine, then fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Really enjoying this, but there is a slight 'problem'.

When I am fighting the skeletons with my sword, sometimes the sword passes straight through them! I have to hit them in the 'right' place, around the centre to get a hit, if i try to hit slightly above that, i can't hit them. This also happened, when fighting the very tall musician.

This is very frustrating, considering how tough opponents they are and EVERY hit has to count. Not to mention the fact the skeletons, actual sword length is longer then their appearance. I am also playing on Expert, so don't have many hitpoints. Don't get me wrong, I've already gotten to the Lost City and haven't lost a single hitpoint.

I understand that the 'skin' of the skeleton, and it's actual collision detection area, may differ, but it's kinda unfair, especially, when the two should match up. Thought I would point this out as constructive criticism. Of course, if this is a limitation of the Dark Engine, then fair enough.
    Yes, unfortunatelly it's a engine issue which affects this type of AI. We noticed it during the test but I found no any solution to fix it.

Need some help please.

Could someone give me a clue as to where and how to find the Missal? I haven't come across hair nor hide of it. Thanks!

Go to the crematory office and there is a crumpled message in the corner.

Thanks Sensut!

Mission Complete!

I really like the credits scene and the funky music!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1 View Post
    Holy smoke this mission is spooky as hell. Great work!
    So true. I've been moving around extremely slowly, scared of what might be around the next corner.
    I'm so anxious, my throat is very dry too!

Amazing fan mission.
    Last edited by thiefessa; 12th Sep 2012 at 09:59. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    AAARRGHHH - of all things, a Sensut release just as my computer's dying! I'd better speed up getting the replacement.

Congrats, Sensut
    The PCIe slot died on my rig 6 months ago, and I'm still going with onboard graphics that handle everything but all my Thief versions. A Sensut mission is the kick in the ass I need to get back on the ball!

Normally, I do NOT like undead-only missions. In fact, I have been known to quit early on because I just don't want to deal with the moans and weird "things". Word to those who dislike undead missions: don't quit on this one!!! There is so much going for this mission.... far from being just a "crypt creep". What can I say about those levers?! What CAN'T I say about those levers?!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    To get to the Lost City, you need the room with the conehead shaped creepy looking statue, that was holding a 'axe' and when you picked up the axe, a skeleton would appear to attack you. Use the door to the left and get up to where the big statue is with chains. The 'back wall' opens, when you use the ancient key on the lockbox.
    The only room with an invisible skeleton that I can think of is Antiquities, accessible by ladder. Where is the room mentioned here (and I thought I had been everywhere )?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    The only room with an invisible skeleton that I can think of is Antiquities, accessible by ladder. Where is the room mentioned here (and I thought I had been everywhere )?
    Right, OK. Starting from the locked door, that you had to open with the Ancient key. The door with the sign saying 'Ancient Tombs'. (this is after you climb down the ladder from the crypt area) Go through the door, then climb down the ladder at the other end. Emerge into this chamber. You see the big statue with two chains, attached to stone 'dogs?', the dogs are looking over a open coffin, with one of those creepy guys sitting at the foot of it. You need to get behind that big statue. Take the door to the right.

Thank you, Shadows; I hadn't examined that room as thoroughly as I should have.

Now that I'm done with the lost city I'm in a similar situation: I need to get back to the surface, but the ladder I took down is too short and the explorers' rope ladder seems to dead-end. Is there somewhere else I should be looking, or something in one of these places I haven't thought of yet?

Go back to the room where you took the axe to open 2 secret rooms. Check out the one that doesn't lead to the lost city carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Go back to the room where you took the axe to open 2 secret rooms. Check out the one that doesn't lead to the lost city carefully.
    *forehead smack*
    I am so out of practice... guess I need to replay all the FMs!

What an awesome mission. After finishing this, I'll have to go watch "Return of the Living Dead"

I found a note that says the missal's in the temple. I assume the temple is in the Lost City right?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I found a note that says the missal's in the temple. I assume the temple is in the Lost City right?
    No. Use the lift from the crematory.

Thank you Sensut, downloading now, but don't know if I'll dare to play......

Come on. Don't get scared of a couple of zombies .

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Come on. Don't get scared of a couple of zombies .
    Oh well yes, I am.....
    I'm already stuck in the first chamber with the zombie and the skeleton.......

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thanks, Sensut! I needed a break from my mission.

I'm in the temple cannot find the missal ans dun book.....and lost city

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm in the temple cannot find the missal ans dun book.....and lost city
    Missal in the pantry. You need to find the key to it. Inspect carefully the second floor.
    Big hint: skeleton under the bell.

ready to dive in

Thanks Sensut. I LOVE your missions. Can't hang around, got to go sneaking and getting scared now.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast