TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Cryptic Realms 1.19 New Dark (14/10/2012).

Quote Originally Posted by Mixthoor View Post
    I was on the top of pyramide, but didn't find the missing crystal. Where is it?
    When you walk around on top of the pyramid, you see 4 spires at each corner, one of those has the crystal stuck on top

Quote Originally Posted by Mixthoor View Post
    Thx for an other great mission from your catalog Sensut! You've got talent for these type of missions (haunts, deads, magic etc). I wounder, what will be your next project. Meanwhile I'm stuck:

I am in the Lost City. I need to find the 3rd white crystal to open the 2 little doors in the small chamber. I was on the top of pyramide, but didn't find the missing crystal. Where is it?
    It's there, look in one of the corners at the top, the one at the back has the crystal on it.

OT: I got a couple of mails from players whose Thief doesn't play the videos. For those who can't watch the ending video I linked it on the first page. It's not for public, you can watch only from here!

I don't recall having seen such a chamber.....

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I don't recall having seen such a chamber.....
    Near the stairs to the temple (check your map!) you have the small room with the crate and the ladder. Go there and you will not miss the chamber with the jaguars...

Ohh, this is so embarrassing. . . .

I'm stuck right at the beginning and I can't figure out for the life of me how the hell all of you managed to even get into the crypt in the first place!
    What are you supposed to do?? There doesn't seem to be any other way in except the front door and that's locked and unpickable, and there doesn't seem to be any key for it, so how the hell do I get in there??

Have a look in one of the windows. It took me a while to find too.

It seems to me that in this mission I cannot find the obvious......
    Mixthoor, I really cannot find this chamber with jaguars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    It seems to me that in this mission I cannot find the obvious......
    Mixthoor, I really cannot find this chamber with jaguars!!!
    First you need the Ancient key from the crematory office (is in a box on the bookcase). From the crematory take to the Temple through the big hall and there is a grate with a sun symbol beside the stairs to the temple. Open the grate with master key and climb down, there is the entrance to the Ancient tombs. Inside find the lever on the altar which opens a secret door on the altar and continue to T'hon's chamber.

I had been in the ancient tombs a billion times.................
    Thank you Sensut!

I need a hint: I have about 1600 of loot and want to find more. The mission is done, but i wanna find the secrets and loot. The Temple, has a church tower, can one get up there? I have fired rope arrows up to the top inside the tower, where the bell has fallen on some poor fellow, but the rope arrows aren't long enough. Can't see a way on the outside of the building either.

This mission is, simply put, awesome. The monochrome colours give it an eerie setting, the level design and architecture is top notch, it has plenty of loot and secrets to find, exploration is very rewarding and... well, it's just awesome overall. One of the best FMs of 2012.

I got 12/15 secrets, found 40 radiant gems, found all the scroll types and just over 5100 in loot. After having checked the secrets list, I now have 5470 in loot, and no idea how to find the remaining 94.

Anyone have a number on how many radiant gems there are in this FM?

Finished the mission with a HUGE help here.
    I want to thank Sensut, although I'm not a fan of undead & co., I really enjoyed this mission so much.
    The black and white added to the atmosphere, loved the spell scrolls, the demons and dancing ghosts were a blast.

Thank you so much for giving me 5 hours of real enjoyment!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    This one had me stumped for a while as well,

Hint: check carefully King's Cross area, which is the underground area, you access from the other gate opposite this locked gate.

Answer: As you enter the King's Cross area, check the dark hidden narrow passageway on the right, there's a ladder there

Thanks shadows !
    Another 'how on earth did I miss that' moment.

Finished now except for loot - got all secrets, but only 5232 and 38 gems. I shall hunt some more. Great mission !!
    Killing some enemies gives you gems. Does that mean if I've Holy Smoked a couple of skellies rather than destroyed them I miss out on my totals?
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 14th Sep 2012 at 16:35.

Done! Another feather in your cap, Sensut.

--Objectives doable in any order (I snagged the Sun Book before dealing with the musicians).
    --No tiny switches!
    --Multiple routes, so keyhunting flows nicely.
    --Zombies (very drippy sounding), skeletons (clickety-click) and mummies go down and stay down.
    --Secrets aren't ridiculously obscure.
    --Lots of healing and ammo to keep the party going (less reloads).
    --Creepy atmosphere and FUN instead of "GOTCHA!" traps & super-sensitive enemies.
    --No annoying Haunts. I usually make a beeline to kill them so I don't have to listen to that tired "Join Us Now" loop.
    --Decapitating, sniping, graverobbing, backstabbing, sneaking & candle-snuffing. It's nice to see Garrett being an unrepentant vandal and thief again.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Anyone have a number on how many radiant gems there are in this FM?
    As I know there are 25 concrete gems in each difficulty level and other 16 contained by sarcofags and AI, depending on the level of difficulty:

- in Novice 37
    - in Explorer 39
    - in Lethal 41

The non-concrete gems are not counted on the final stats. First you need to kill or destroy its "carrier" or "container"!

But I'm not sure about these numbers, I never counted them .
    Last edited by Sensut; 15th Sep 2012 at 02:44.

Could someone tell me how to get the stone doors open? There are two or three of these, dotted around the mission, outlined as a door, banged with a blackjack making a stone sound. I am convinced that the last loot I need must be behind those doors, cause I've explored and checked every corner. I have 3852 of loot and 38 gems.

There's one stone door underneath the stairs leading to the Temple.
    One in the corridor surrounding the big lift below.
    One at the end of the King's Cross corridor.

It's driving me crazy, I can't find anyway to open them. The switch must be well hidden. Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the other post! Grrr.

BTW, I am having a serious problem dropping down through the hole that leads to the dancing hall. I take 1 or 2 hitpoints of damage. If i release my torch just before I hit the table I can sometimes negate damage. Unfortunately you have to go this way to get out of the jaguar chamber, because the ladder leading down to it, is too short to get back up
    Last edited by shadows; 15th Sep 2012 at 06:53.

The sword. You must use the sword to break those tombs.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    BTW, I am having a serious problem dropping down through the hole that leads to the dancing hall. I take 1 or 2 hitpoints of damage. If i release my torch just before I hit the table I can sometimes negate damage. Unfortunately you have to go this way to get out of the jaguar chamber, because the ladder leading down to it, is too short to get back up
    Use slow fall potion if you have. Once I managed to get down without taking damage, but never again. A short ladder from above would come well there, noted it .
    Last edited by Sensut; 15th Sep 2012 at 08:24. Reason: typo

Wow, this is one spooky mission! Love the head squirts when I decapitate them too. Just so I can breathe easier, there is no respawning of anything after I dispatch them, right? I have a feeling I'll have to go over a lot of areas for some secrets. Thanks Sensut!

d. 2014
    i am stuck,been all over i am now near the chapel next to a crate and a locked gate with s lsdder behind,it i need a key,i guess, most doors are locked,,please help

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    i am stuck,been all over i am now near the chapel next to a crate and a locked gate with s lsdder behind,it i need a key,i guess, most doors are locked,,please help
    getting somewhere now i am in the temple,i should not have followed the skeleton in at the start,so i went back outand found a key

An excellent mission. I managed to finished on Expert with no peeking at this thread, just about 20 short of max loot. Mind you, it took me several sessions and I had to have the gamma right up throughout. Just about the right level of difficulty I thought.

Marbien, that's much better than I did, while betatesting it
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I just finished and I must say I now know to expect nothing less than grand awesomeness when Sensut calls an FM "a little monochrome undead mission."
    This was amazing and having it in black and white made it even creepier somehow. It was challenging but not so difficult that I got too lost, and I even managed to find all the spells! Never stop making FMs, Sensut!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast