TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Cryptic Realms 1.19 New Dark (14/10/2012).

Thx once again for an other great FM! I wrote the next review about it on our polish community forum (http://www.thief-forum.pl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5916). Keep creating such missions with the cripping atmosphere. The litte minus is the story. It is too simple and too short.

PS.
    I played 3 hours and wanted to still be there... I wanted this FM to be "neveranding". Just like souls dancing in the festiwal You have got a talent for it! If you have a time, continue your great work with DromEd.

PS2.
    Thx shadows and Azaran for tipps.

Hello everyone!
    I completed all the objectives... How to return to the surface? Fantastic mission! Congratulations sensut! ;-)
    Ste

Thanks again for the good welcome, I really appreciate it!

@Last: just find your way back to the cemetery or to the Temple yard.

Very amazing mission ..... (Sensut is one of my favorite authors)
    But I've got 3 problems ......
    - How can I reach the Tomb you can see under the big elevator to the musicians
    - How can I open the gate on the left side in the musician hall
    - What room is "King's Cross"

Thanks for helping

Thanks sensut, but i need more specific help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gitb View Post
    Very amazing mission ..... (Sensut is one of my favorite authors)
    But I've got 3 problems ......
    - How can I reach the Tomb you can see under the big elevator to the musicians
    - How can I open the gate on the left side in the musician hall
    - What room is "King's Cross"

Thanks for helping
    - That's the King Cross. You can go down there through the side doors (grates) in the dancing hall.
    - From the large chamber below with the 3 sentinel statues there is a ladder in the corner.
    - Where the big 4 sided cross monument is.

@Last: return to your starting point in the cemetery, where you see the city buildings. Or use the elevator from the crematory and exit into the temple yard (you can see the buildings around as well). That's all.

A masterpiece of a Fan Mission, congratulations.

@Sensut: I have to go back on the scale of the room with the jaguars? Because it is too high.
    Thanks

Last, where exactly are you? If you are down in the Lost City, then you need to go into the room with the jaguars then go across to the secret door that opened on the other side of that room. At the end, there's a lever on the wall that opens a grate. This is the way back into the main crypts.

Ok, mission accomplisced! ;-)
    Thanks Nightwalker ;-)
    Wonderfull mission Sensut

By the way, I found that warning sign in the generator room to be quite amusing. Might it have been inspired by this, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    By the way, I found that warning sign in the generator room to be quite amusing. Might it have been inspired by this, perhaps?
    Something like this happens then if...

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Something like this happens then if...
    When I saw that sign, I tried shooting water arrows to see if anything interesting would happen, but to my disappointment, nothing did.

Nice FM so far but
    spoiler:
    I've just sabotaged the organ and it now appears that I have to kill all the ghosts/haunts/musicians in the room. I have a sword, 1 holy water and 4 water arrows. This seems impossible tbh.

I can't belive I just completed that bit. That was brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Taffsalot View Post
    Nice FM so far but
    spoiler:
    I've just sabotaged the organ and it now appears that I have to kill all the ghosts/haunts/musicians in the room. I have a sword, 1 holy water and 4 water arrows. This seems impossible tbh.
    Hmm, you need to search around for more weapons, there's quite a sizable quantity and I did this on Expert. In any case well done, doing it with so little weaponry, i tried only using my sword to rid them and just couldn't hold out

Ok, I've decided to replay it on expert and. . this is insane, but for the life of me, I cannot make the generator start up and for some reason I can't quite remember how I got it to work the first time around, although I remember having trouble with it then, as well. I have replaced the broken fuse with the good one, but now what? The only thing frobbable in the generator room is an on/off switch and when I frob it, it just goes off again and nothing starts. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Ok, I've decided to replay it on expert and. . this is insane, but for the life of me, I cannot make the generator start up and for some reason I can't quite remember how I got it to work the first time around, although I remember having trouble with it then, as well. I have replaced the broken fuse with the good one, but now what? The only thing frobbable in the generator room is an on/off switch and when I frob it, it just goes off again and nothing starts. What do I do?
    Turn on the generator machine first (a button on it).

Geez, I can't believe I forgot about that. Thanks!

Great FM Sensut! I finished it on expert in two nights. Enjoyed every moment.

I loved:

- The black and white colour scheme. Really added to the atmosphere. It was quite odd seeing The Lost City in black and white but that's not a bad thing.

- The hall with the musicians and dancing ghosts was great (until they started attacking me)

- The atmosphere. It's a big FM and because it's very dark it's easy to over look something so it took me a long time to explore everything. I didn't mind as the atmosphere kept me immersed.

- The scrolls were a great idea and good fun.

I have nothing bad to say.

Thank you very much Sensut.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Hmm, you need to search around for more weapons, there's quite a sizable quantity and I did this on Expert. In any case well done, doing it with so little weaponry, i tried only using my sword to rid them and just couldn't hold out
    ... and let us not forget that we also have some spells at our disposal.

I plan to turn back the mission to color and re-release as a bonus version, but I do not know when. In any case as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    I plan to turn back the mission to color and re-release as a bonus version, but I do not know when. In any case as soon as possible.
    Wow! Thanks for that mate, the monochrome really made a great atmosphere, but seeing it in technicolor would also be nice.

Ghost

Automatic ghost bust after Sun God book?

Am I missing something? Or are we ghosters slapped with an automatic (and planned!) bust after picking up the Sun God's book?

spoiler:
    I grabbed the book. I managed to avoid being seen by the zombie right outside the book chamber; I waited until he settled down, then snuck past him without being noticed. But then I turned the corner and discovered that another zombie had appeared in the main chamber outside the corridor (the chamber with the elevator): This guy stands in bright light staring directly at the doorway from which I must emerge. Even stepping far enough to see the zombie without leaning casts me in sufficient light for him to have a second-stage alert, a "hunting alert." So far as I can tell, he doesn't patrol, doesn't even turn; just stares fixedly at my doorway, waiting for me.

I can get around him in several ways -- run past him, potentially even luring him into falling into the elevator hole; killing him with a spell or somesuch; or using an invisibility potion. But each of these work-arounds is likewise a ghost bust.

Is there another way out, or am I just stuck with a forced bust?

(I did use an invisibility potion earlier, but I think I might be able to get past that earlier point -- the invisible skeleton -- without doing so. I'll go back to an older save and try to get past. But this new bust seems unavoidable!)

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 22nd Sep 2012 at 19:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Am I missing something?...
    Dafydd
    Only this one or any zombies around? It's not normal, something wrong happened there with that zombie. I'll check it.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast