TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 251

Thread: T2 Cryptic Realms 1.19 New Dark (14/10/2012).

  1. #151
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Csabi, I just replayed the coloured mission. Looks great BTW.
    I found a small bug, which didn't occur on the black and white version betatest: when you're in the part with the demons and the dancing haunts, walking along the corridor, you need to pick up a candlestick from the wall to get to a secret. The secret ticks off, but the armoire doesn't go back to let the player pick up the loot. I thought you wanted to know.

    I'm so looking forward to a next mission of yours (also betatesting???).

    No no, Gloria. There is a lever behind that candlestick that you need.

  2. #152
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2009
    On first glance, I thought this was going to be another gimmicky hack/slash FM, but this crypt is actually quite interesting. I can't help but sense a bit of a Blood 1 vibe to it. Just so dark and twisted. Nice FM, Sensut!

    Also, dem animations. Ooh, yeah!
    Last edited by Albert; 27th Sep 2012 at 03:18.

  3. #153
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2005
    Location: Tasmania

    Beautiful Crypts

    A truly exquisite mission, Sensut, thank you. This is going to be amongst my most special Thief places.

  4. #154
    Typical isn't it, found my way down... thoroughly enjoying this mission so far, but it's quite easy to Rambo through it and kill most of the undead. :P

    What with 1.19 making Thief 2 easily playable again, it's a joy to come back to the game after more than a year and play such a well-crafted, non-linear and highly explorable mission such as this. Having a great time with this, Sensut. Bravo.

    Last edit: I wasn't able to find key(s) for some of the connecting doors, and the iron bar door at the ladder above the musician's room. Otherwise I've completed the mission. I'd like to know where those keys were if someone could point me in the right direction? As I can't open one set of double doors in the city area, either.
    Last edited by chis; 27th Sep 2012 at 10:07.

  5. #155
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2008
    Location: Praha

    Cryptic Realms

    Congratulate on publication,finished I'm both version, Shall I of all 15 secrete plus 5563. Shall I request.Wasn't would continuation or mission as great as Dracula?
    Mine opinion is as though Cryptic is best this year's mission.

  6. #156
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2007
    Location: Leipzig (Germany)

    Thank you very much!

    Sensut, that was a great adventure for me to explore your big map and feel this "fear factor" (shivers!)
    I am a "often quick save"- gamer and i wonder how you 've managed it, that in such a big map the quick-loading times are so short. Wonderful to go in mini steps through this wonderful mission.
    The shock moments were the best I ever experienced (OK, FM "Rose cottage" too!).
    Very scary all of it.

    I love the (for me) new feature of the scrolls, with which I could shoot monsters ore undeads.
    Also the rotten walls, which we had to destroy with the sword.
    The lost city is impressive with its buildings.

    Now I will play it again as color version and on expert level.

    Con - gra - tu - lations...!
    You made my day

  7. #157
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2009
    Playing Cryptic Realms B@W version with patch 1.19 and some objects and HUD are colored...with DDfix didn`t have this.Is thera any way to fix this?

  8. #158
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    No no, Gloria. There is a lever behind that candlestick that you need.
    Yeah, I should've known that

    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

  9. #159
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    I feel like a fool asking this since apparently I'm the only one that can't figure this out. What am I supposed to do with the crystal piece I got from the top of the temple? I've been running around and I don't remember seeing anything that it would fit.

    BTW, I'm loving this mission. I thought it was going to end after I took out the pianists but then it opened up to a whole new area.

  10. #160
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    There's a room with a couple of chains. Have a good look there.

  11. #161
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Playing Cryptic Realms B@W version with patch 1.19 and some objects and HUD are colored...with DDfix didn`t have this.Is thera any way to fix this?
    Hm, just I'm experimenting this new 1.19 patch and yes, there are many differences compared to the original game. The problem is that a mission once saved in this new dromed is not sure that it will be playable on the original 1.18 DDFX platform. For this reason I don't want to modify anything in it yet until this patch compatibility question is not answered. Until then, I don't recommend the new 1.19 patch for this B&W mission.

    BUT, a 1.19 improved version may be considered
    Last edited by Sensut; 28th Sep 2012 at 04:44.

  12. #162
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    There's a room with a couple of chains. Have a good look there.
    Oh geesh how did I miss that? Thanks!

    Also, the only issue I noticed with the patch is climbing the double ladders that are on opposite sides of the wall down to the piano room. I wasn't able to jump to the lower ladder and attach to it like pre-patch.

  13. #163
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    Oh geesh how did I miss that? Thanks!

    Also, the only issue I noticed with the patch is climbing the double ladders that are on opposite sides of the wall down to the piano room. I wasn't able to jump to the lower ladder and attach to it like pre-patch.
    This mission will be good for me to experience the new 1.19 features and capabilities. But it will require significant testing then.

  14. #164
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2009
    Thank you, Sensut, for the nice horror/adventure style BW FM!
    Loved the party in the hall down. It is unexpected but somehow seems logical that music sounds
    near the tablet "Beware the musicians". And in the room with victrola was another impressive moment to me.
    I've got 11/15 secrets on Normal, never thought about smashing stone doors, got 3842 of 5559 loot.
    Left some undead "live" (wonder if it is a right word, though). Statistics screen also shows the following:
    "Innocents killed: some". Who counts as innocent?
    Last edited by aithena; 30th Sep 2012 at 10:14.

  15. #165
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2010
    How do I get inside the lost city ?
    Is there a "beam me up" or "swim through lava" spell ?

  16. #166
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aithena View Post
    Thank you. Sensut, for the nice horror/adventure style BW FM!
    Loved the party in the hall down. It is unexpected but somehow seems logical that music sounds
    near the tablet "Beware the musicians". And in the room with victrola was another impressive moment to me.
    I've got 11/15 secrets on Normal, never thought about smashing stone doors, got 3842 of 5559 loot.
    Left some undead "live" (wonder if it is a right word, thought). Statistics screen also shows the following:
    "Innocents killed: some". Who counts as innocent?
    That "innocents killed" line is from the original game, in this mission has no any sense. The innocents were killed before you're finished there (the monks) .




    Quote Originally Posted by Michael. View Post
    How do I get inside the lost city ?
    Is there a "beam me up" or "swim through lava" spell ?
    You mean here? There is a ledge along the rock:


  17. #167
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    You mean here? There is a ledge along the rock:
    Yes, I had to restart the game to climb the ledge.

  18. #168
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    some AI modifications at the Sun Book chamber.
    Where's the Sun Book chamber ? I've killed the musicians but I wasn't able to find the book.

  19. #169
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    In the Lost City, inside the piramid behind the big sun symbol.

    Last edited by Sensut; 2nd Oct 2012 at 14:47. Reason: screenshot

  20. #170
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2010
    How could I miss this room?
    Thanks. Another great mission completed.

  21. #171
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Until then, I don't recommend the new 1.19 patch for this B&W mission.
    Funny you should say that, because it runs perfectly fine for me with 1.19. And mind you, I'm playing on Linux! Yay!

    (I'll hammer that message home until everyone on the board comes together to sign a petition asking me to never say "I'm playing Thief on Linux! YAY!!!" ever again... )

    Although as for recompiling this with 1.19, I'd say go for it now. It's obvious that 1.19 is our future, so if you wanna be a cool kid on the block, then light up port it over to 1.19.

  22. #172
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Funny you should say that, because it runs perfectly fine for me with 1.19. And mind you, I'm playing on Linux! Yay!

    (I'll hammer that message home until everyone on the board comes together to sign a petition asking me to never say "I'm playing Thief on Linux! YAY!!!" ever again... )

    Although as for recompiling this with 1.19, I'd say go for it now. It's obvious that 1.19 is our future, so if you wanna be a cool kid on the block, then light up port it over to 1.19.
    Totally agree. The only problem is with some objects which reappeared in color in the monochrome version that I have to convert. The texture system in the new patch works differently than in the original game and the non-converted textures are in color now. And same time, if i have to deal with it anyway, I improve a bit with the new 1.19 features.

  23. #173
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2009
    Oh really? I thought that was apart of the original FM.

    Well when you fix it, we'll have both B&W AND Smooth, 32-bit shadows. Yes?

  24. #174
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Oh really? I thought that was apart of the original FM.

    Well when you fix it, we'll have both B&W AND Smooth, 32-bit shadows. Yes?
    Yes, and daylight in the outdoor areas, darkness inside, and so on .

  25. #175
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Yes, and daylight in the outdoor areas, darkness inside, and so on .
    Yes!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •