TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: T2 Cryptic Realms 1.19 New Dark (14/10/2012).

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Please tell me where the crowbar is located on Easy. I'm at a loss. Played before on all levels.
    Many Thanks!

There is, in any difficulty levels:

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    OT: I got a couple of mails from players whose Thief doesn't play the videos. For those who can't watch the ending video I linked it on the first page. It's not for public, you can watch only from here!
    I, with everyone else, toss accolades for the FM, but WTG on the SSQ.
    Funny how there are only 5 Sensut FMs but they seem to pervade every inch of the Thief FM universe. Other authors throw their all into the first one or two missions of a campaign only to rush through any remainder (sry, it shows) but Sensut has that priceless gift of vision and discipline for follow-through - thanks so much!

Excellent FM: design, ambient, gameplay. Well hidden loot. I found only 4086.
    But low level of difficulty as regards AIs and... not needed to add the holy fountains on Expert.

My favorite kind of mission, both beautiful and scary! I love it! But I only dare to play it when my husband is home ...

I'm in love with everything about this mission, Sensut. The architecture, lighting, game play, puzzles - absolutely first-rate. But I am running in circles now, and help is needed:
    1. Is there a key for all those metal grate doors? I have found other ways to access some of the rooms, but it would be nice to be able to unlock all those doors, too. Are they supposed to unlock?
    2. How do I break the chain that highlights on the one metal grate door? I tried the chisel, some hammers - nothing I have found works.
    3. I have a lot of torch lighters. Are they just for extra light to explore the rooms or for some other reason?
    4. How many hits does it take to kill those demons? Will they only die by the sword?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    1. Is there a key for all those metal grate doors? I have found other ways to access some of the rooms, but it would be nice to be able to unlock all those doors, too. Are they supposed to unlock?
    2. How do I break the chain that highlights on the one metal grate door? I tried the chisel, some hammers - nothing I have found works.
    3. I have a lot of torch lighters. Are they just for extra light to explore the rooms or for some other reason?
    4. How many hits does it take to kill those demons? Will they only die by the sword?
    Hi there!

So:
    1. Any doors can be opened somehow ... Which grates you mean?

2. You can cut that chain with the sword.

3. Torch lighters are only for torches or candles. There are not many roles in the color version, but the original b&w version is much darker and they might be needed .

4. Use mines, flashbombs or holy water against demons and ghosts. You can kill them with sword as well, but it's a bit difficult, you need to beat them a lot. Once the 2 musicians are destroyed the ghosts disappearing, so concentrate to the musicians.

Any doors can be opened somehow ... Which grates you mean?
    Thank you so much for the helpful answers.

About the doors I cannot unlock:
    There's a picture below. All that type of door, a cemetery gate style. I can't open any of them. Been running in circles looking for a key. Am I wasting my time? Is there one key to open them all, or am I missing a lot of keys?

Aha! You need the master key from the crematory office (is on the dead monk's belt).

Sensut, you are a master mission author! I spent almost 8 hours on this mission, mostly just taking my time after dispatching the ghouls to look around and admire your handiwork. How do you do all this work by yourself?

I managed to finish without the master key, and was shocked to discover I found ALL the secrets and almost all the loot as well as finished every objective. I thought for sure I would come up short! It is thanks to you for making a mission so wonderful to explore.

Next time I will play on Expert and hope I remember about the master key.

Hope you enjoyed your evening as much as I did mine!

Just finished on expert, whoop! All secrets and objectives, missing 1 loot (probably one dinky little crystal lying in a corner somewhere, grr).

That was excellent, thoroughly entertaining and satisfying. Favourite feature: zombies stay down permanently, thank jebus for that. I loved how the different areas were connected together, maybe with the exclusion of overabundant ladder shafts in the later tombs-lost city part.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

This mission looked great in black and white but is gorgeous in color! Rich and uniquely detailed architecture, intriguing story concept (I certainly loved it), and an incredible ambient atmosphere... the same reasons the Bathory campaign was so memorable.

And speaking of the ambiance (I adore your music tastes for these missions btw), could I have the name of the track that cues when entering the temple (where the missal is)? I've searched the credited artists, but not found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie_Girl View Post
    And speaking of the ambiance (I adore your music tastes for these missions btw), could I have the name of the track that cues when entering the temple (where the missal is)? I've searched the credited artists, but not found it.
    It's by Delerium titled Morpheus from Morpheus album (1989).

It's by Delerium titled Morpheus from Morpheus album (1989).

Thanks! And of course, a big thanks for this great mission!

I've been plowing through all of the 2012 missions, writing my walkthroughs and hint sheets for each. Some of them, I attack with grim determination, just wanting it to be over. (Expect the release in early March.)

Cryptic Realms, however, is perhaps one of the best FMs I've ever played. As I went about, seeking to complete the various objectives, I felt that I was playing missions within a mission. The Lost City, for example, could have easily been a mission all by itself.

The clever use of scripting is evident throughout (if you're a Dromeder, of course). And while the map's layout was huge and varied, I seldom got lost or went around in circles.

This is why I call Sensut, the Master Builder.

I got the crystal from the top of the pyramid but how do I get the book that I need in this temple? I read through the posts about a room with two chains but that is not helping me. Please tell me what I need to do to get the book. I only have one crystal that I got from the top of the pyramid. Do I need more?

Are you referring to the Sun God's book? Once you have the crystal, put it in the missing slot downstairs. The rest will reveal itself.

The crystal is shown here on the left, on top of the pyramid.

Thanks Ricebug, is this a bug? I went down to that room with the big sun face on the wall in between two chains and that floor hatch was not open. I ran around that pyramid forever and then all of a sudden it opened and I had no idea what I did to open it. I tried going back out of the game and then back in to see if I could make the floor hatch open again but it remained closed. I saw when it opened earlier that I need to go down there but what triggers that floor hatch to open?

Don't run, just walk around. There is a press plate on the floor at the chain.

I stepped on that plate and the lights turned off but the hatch did not open. I had to wait and wait and wait and finally, without any reason that I could tell, it opened.

I just want to tell IT IS A GREAT THIEF MISSION! Many secrets, some scary locations, interesting story and riddles, frightening foes, new collectibles such as gems and scrolls, beautiful graphics One of my favourites. Thanks!

FM six months remains the best in design, sound, lighting and architecture. A terrible beauty is pushing forward to the finish, not allowing the stop.

http://youtu.be/ANuEbS4LPi4

Took me a while to finish the mission (About 3 hours), but here's a quick review:

The Good:
    - Amazing graphics and a great atmosphere
    - Lots of custom content
    - A great attention to background details in the level design
    - A good story that wasn't too simple and not too hard to follow

The Bad:
    - I played on Hard (Traveler it is called if I remember correctly) and the objective to find all the secrets got a bit annoying when I had to search through each room at least three times
    - I got stuck quite a lot, in my opinion some items are hidden too well

Conclusion:
    A very fun and interesting FM. Definitely one of my favorites. Good job!

My personal rating:
    Last edited by Niborius; 8th Jul 2013 at 12:43.

Thanks to everyone, glad you liked it.

@ Niborius: that diff level is specifically for the patient explorers, not in vain the name EXPLORER (not Traveler!), where the "find everything" is obligatory. Since there are no other differences it is recommended only for persistent players. Otherwise this is not the hardest level.

Thanks to everyone, glad you liked it.

@ Niborius: that diff level is specifically for the patient explorers, not in vain the name EXPLORER (not Traveler!), where the "find everything" is obligatory. Since there are no other differences it is recommended only for persistent players. Otherwise this is not the hardest level.
    I take that back then! So, Explorer (Sorry I got it wrong!) is basically the hardest difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Niborius View Post
    I take that back then! So, Explorer (Sorry I got it wrong!) is basically the hardest difficulty?
    Lethal is the hardest difficulty level because there are more enemies, but the side objectives are optional.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast