TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project Eternity

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    I've seen a lot of "no info no money" type posts around on the net but I'm pretty sure this is intentional... they're probably going to drip feed information over the course of the campaign to keep interest and press attention high, which is smart. If they threw everything out there right at the beginning they would suffer for it in the late stages.
    They'll get my cashmonies when the information crosses a threshold and provides me with something I want to buy.

For me it's really a question of the people behind a project. I don't know all that much about the Shafer/Gilbert project, but I want to see what those two guys come up with. Similarly, the guys behind Project Eternity are pretty much my dream team when it comes to the kind of RPG I like. Details about the game world, characters etc., bullet point lists of information, aren't what makes me interested in this project - it's the sheer talent of the people working on it that make this a must-support for me.

What I needed to know in order to plunk cash down: It's a new game being developed by Obsidian.

My only problem right now is that between being poor as shit and trying to build a new PC I can't afford to give them more than $20. If I still had a real job that paid real wages I would have already pledged a grand, at least.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y/posts/313192
    They're using Unity, rather than their internal Oynx engine. This way porting to Mac and Lunix will be much easier.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eternity/posts

Tim Cain talks about the skill system and mentions that you'll gain the same experience regardless of whether you go for combat or non-combat.

Looking quite likely that the player house will be going into the game (for if the game passes 2 million). As of now their 100k off that. And then if they get another 200k the extra region, companion and faction will be going in. AND there's still 22 days to go. Dayam.
    Last edited by icemann; 24th Sep 2012 at 04:37.

They've now pounded the living shit out of $3.5 million and are still going strong with 8 hours to go. Amazing.

Including paypal donations, they finished over $4 million. Absolutely crazy last day of pledging.

I ended up pledging twice as much as when I first signed up. Probably crazy - but I have to say I already feel more involved and engaged in this game than in any other title over the last 10+ years, so the system seems to work in that respect. And yes, perhaps I'll end up feeling a tool eventually...

I was close to going for the grab bag at the end (that was quite a deal for $350), but I really can't pledge more than my initial $20 if I want to build a new PC in the near future. If they allow pledging past the end date like inXile has, I'll probably throw them some more cash down the road.

I'll not even tell you how tempted I was to pledge to that Faerghail 2 project in order to get the C-64, 1541 disk drive etc. Completely irrational (and even stupid), but thank god saner heads prevailed.

The big test will be when the game really comes into being and how it all turns out. A hell of alot of extra content got paid for via kickstarter.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Obsidian have churned out some superb work whilst being under the thumb of big publishers. I can't wait to see what they come up with now that they're completely untethered.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

This looks incredible!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Gameplay teaser trailer. Suitable name change too.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th Dec 2013 at 01:45.

Moderator and Priest
    Looks like we're seeing an excellent return to the days of old. With this, Wasteland 2, and Tides of Whatnow, we'll have another 3 games to obsess over for the next 10 years, and continually bitch about people not making anymore.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Someone wants to say hello. The series may've started off as a Diablo clone, but the Times They Are A-Changin'.

Ultima is coming back too more or less, looking like a game from 2005 aside. The first closed beta weekend of Shroud of the Avatar is this week.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Someone wants to say hello. The series may've started off as a Diablo clone, but the Times They Are A-Changin'.
    Yup. I should've included it, considering it's the one I'm most looking forward to after Wasteland 2.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

This game continues to impress with its visuals.

Holy shit this looks great. If this preview gameplay is indicative of the final game, it's basically Baldur's Gate designed by people who aren't total wankers:

Thing What Kicks
    Looking good, and I've loved the 3D characters on hand-drawn, 2D backgrounds style since ToEE.
    Mind you, even though I backed it, this is the first time I've twigged it's going to be real-time-with-pause. That's a disappointment for me, as I've always found RTWP messy and unsatisfying when compared to turn-based.

And that looks exactly like Baldurs Gate. Yep definitely playing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Looking good, and I've loved the 3D characters on hand-drawn, 2D backgrounds style since ToEE.
    Have you played the Co8 modpack that was released towards the end of last year? Well worth playing if you're into that sort of game, as it removes most of the bugs that plagued the original and adds a large amount of additional content as well.

Back on topic, apart from the rather ugly paperdoll screen, the quality of the graphics and artistic direction definitely ticks all the boxes. Not really sure about combat yet as it's hard to gauge how fun it will be to play. I just hope that they don't try to emulate how combat was fought in the Infinity games as RPG's have come along way since then.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

First part of the Making of doco!

BTW the release date is 26th March.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

Moderator and Priest
    So the game's out, and no one's playing? Well, I will be. I'm picking it up later on tonight.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast