TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

Oh yeah, that's right. Although if you want to use mods I suspect you can rely on that cam_mod.ini from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I just figured it out. Altered my install.cfg:

Code:
    cd_path E:\
    install_path D:\games\System Shock 2
    language english
    resname_base D:\games\System Shock 2;+E:\shock
    load_path D:\games\System Shock 2;+E:\shock
    script_module_path D:\games\System Shock 2;+E:\shock
    movie_path D:\games\System Shock 2\cutscenes;+E:\shock\cutscenes
    (I commented out the +DRIVE_LETTER portion of each path)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    For Thief 2 I had to do this to the DARKINST.CFG file

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    the last picture is not loading for me, and the first two look.. bugged. is this from dromed? //edit: ok, it loads now.

anyway, both demos work fine on my machine (can't believe nobody actually posted ingame screenshots yet):

now let's see what I have so far: both demos apparently have dynamic skies, they look like modified T2 skies (been playing with those a lot lately). also, the engine loads pngs (mentioned in the documents, and I've checked the resources, it's true). I'm seeing a lot of familiar resources integrated in (SS2 rebirth, T2 water, EP, hires space from vurt, SHTUP). looking at the resources, there are no ddfix style overrides present, everything is apparently loaded directly. this is going to make ANY texture upgrade projects a child's play.

now, if you excuse me, I have work to do (6 pack of red bull already in the freezer).
    I don't understand, the demo in the first post is Thief 1 with the fixes? I thought patch was only for T2? I put the files also in the Thief 1 folder and the training level has the old sky, unlike the screenshot in the quote. Can someone shed some light in this?

Thiefmissions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomorph View Post
    I don't understand, the demo in the first post is Thief 1 with the fixes? I thought patch was only for T2?
    The patch is for Thief 1 and 2. There is an included archive (in the "doc" directory in the new_dark.zip archive) of instructions and an extra file for T1. I haven't tried it yet.

The demo is the Thief 1 demo with stuff added to take advantage of the new engine. If you apply the patch to T1 it doesn't bring in all of that new stuff; it just plays the original game. Someone could, of course, cook up some fancy upgrade kit to increase the awesomeness of T1. I'm sure that will come along soon enough, but it isn't part of this new engine.

Everyone's talking about how this patch helps out King's Story, which is great...

... But come on. What about Rose Cottage?

jtr7
    Excellent choice! That front lawn alone!

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    The patch is for Thief 1 and 2. There is an included archive (in the "doc" directory in the new_dark.zip archive) of instructions and an extra file for T1. I haven't tried it yet.

The demo is the Thief 1 demo with stuff added to take advantage of the new engine. If you apply the patch to T1 it doesn't bring in all of that new stuff; it just plays the original game. Someone could, of course, cook up some fancy upgrade kit to increase the awesomeness of T1. I'm sure that will come along soon enough, but it isn't part of this new engine.
    I see, thanks. Would be cool if someone made a fix for Thief 1 out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by scarykitties View Post
    ... But come on. What about Rose Cottage?
    Oh, well is that not redundant?

... Actually, just to make it more redundant, yes it works. The issues the FM had were always due it's buttery complexity. The FM is packed. But w/ these updates, it's like my computer isn't even breaking a sweat. Just as it should be.
    Last edited by Albert; 26th Sep 2012 at 23:02.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderfield View Post
    Were you playing with vsync enabled before? 1.19 enables vsync by default, which can cause between 0 and 16ms of latency between display updates, depending.
    I don't remember tbh. Where do I go to disable it?

Well I stepped in here to see what all the hoopla was about and Holy Crap! I gotta get home and try this.

i need some help..
    i used to displayed subtitles on Thief in-game movies by using VobSub with subtitles files(.ssa) combination.
    but 1.19 patch spoiled it.

since this patch changes video playback base, subtitles doesn't display anymore.

sorry for poor english
    i'm not good at writing English

I don't know anything about VobSub, but it says here that it is a plugin to VirtualDub. I use VirtualDub all the time. Couldn't you use it with VobSub to generate the movie files with embedded subtitles?

And your English is better than my whatever your native language is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I don't remember tbh. Where do I go to disable it?
    Open cam_ext.cfg. Find the line ;vsync_mode 0. Uncomment it by removing the semicolon.

Is anyone else experiencing slow walking speeds in Thief Gold? I also can't get the interface fix to work, despite placing intrface.crf in the (assumably) correct directory.

Open cam_ext.cfg. Find the line ;vsync_mode 0. Uncomment it by removing the semicolon.
    Thanks!

Is anyone else experiencing slow walking speeds in Thief Gold? I also can't get the interface fix to work, despite placing intrface.crf in the (assumably) correct directory.
    I just put intrface.crf into a new sub-directory of my T1/G 1.19 directory called "Patch" The doc also explains how you can use any directory you want by setting a config param, but it seemed easiest to me to just use the default directory name and make a directory to match. Do you have Dark1 as a standalone command in cam_ext.cfg? It should look like this (with my personal comments):

Code:
    ; * * * * * Added for 1.19 T1/G  * * * * *
    ; Before running the game in a Thief 1/G install you must add the config var "dark1"
    dark1
    Also make sure your install.cfg points to the right directories, i.e. where you installed TG 1.19.

Yeah, I've tried both methods with no success. Perhaps I'll just try merging the provided CRF with the original.

And forward walking speed is good for you?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    And your English is better than my whatever your native language is.
    thanks!
    i'm gonna re-encode movies to integrate subtitles

Yeah, I've tried both methods with no success. Perhaps I'll just try merging the provided CRF with the original.
    I wouldn't try to do that. I accidentally forgot about the crf the first time, and boy were the menus messed up! You need the new crf the way it is. You just need to make sure that it is findable, I'm sure. Yesterday I was messing around with the config files to see what was there, and managed to screw it up for a couple of hours. Eventually I noticed that I had renamed something and forgot to name it back. With all these config files needing attention to get this working, you just need to be extra careful. Hopefully someone will soon come out with a step by step checklist. Meanwhile, just keep looking for the obvious.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong (unless there are some very important dromed files that are missing from this package), but I can't move around with WASD in dromed anymore like in dromed 1.18, and the F keyboard shortcuts don't work either.

Also, the OpenAL solution for EAX doesn't work properly for me. I've already got the latest sound drivers for my sound card as far as I know, and I've tried the old a3d/eax dll solution with no success. Sigh, guess I'll just have to live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong (unless there are some very important dromed files that are missing from this package), but I can't move around with WASD in dromed anymore like in dromed 1.18, and the F keyboard shortcuts don't work either.

Also, the OpenAL solution for EAX doesn't work properly for me. I've already got the latest sound drivers for my sound card as far as I know, and I've tried the old a3d/eax dll solution with no success. Sigh, guess I'll just have to live without it.
    I have no idea what that could be unless your key bindings are messed up . . . Did you start with a brand new working 1.18 install? What is it . . . user.bnd? Is that right? I'd start by looking there.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    the OpenAL solution for EAX doesn't work properly for me. I've already got the latest sound drivers for my sound card as far as I know, and I've tried the old a3d/eax dll solution with no success. Sigh, guess I'll just have to live without it.
    Teensy question, but did you click Hardware Acceleration in the audio settings, more than once? I initially thought it wasn't working for me, until I noticed the third option of OpenAL popup. And that was that: 3D sound. Or rather, sound enhancement, but whatever...

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomorph View Post
    I see, thanks. Would be cool if someone made a fix for Thief 1 out of this.
    it would be, wouldn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFrog View Post
    The source code did appear. It was huge news.

It wasn't an official release by Eidos/EA, though, it was (IIRC) someone finding a CD containing a half-finished Dreamcast port of Thief 2 (with most of the code for SS2 still intact, since T2 uses a later version of the same engine) in a box of LGS memorabilia. So there was a lot of concern over Eidos/EA handing out cease-and-desist letters or lawsuits if anyone tried to actually do anything with it. I don't recall if they actually did or not in the end.
    Cheers. I do remember that, for the sake of it. I sort of took away from that that it was somehow inadequate and the improvements weren't likely to be large or fast because of it. No idea why that was, it's a friggin SDK after all. Probably better I'm out of the loop really.

jtr7
    What I think kinda killed it were all the missing libraries.

This is new in my experience: The fog in Life of the Party looked the best I'd ever seen it on either of my laptops, except it broke into zones based on the terrain brushes, just beyond the Belltower, and is absent from the rest of the mission, except right beneath the skybox.

Standing in a zone of fog, looks like this:

While inching forward just out of the fog looks like this:

Zombified
    this is a map bug, and it's been fixed for ages: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119731

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621263136 ... LastLast