TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Not fast enough

Oh, my. Lovely. Good find.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Pardon me but Holy Shit this is amazing if it's legit and does half of what it claims. Must check it out after work tonight... Must also resist the temptation to leave work early...

There is only one minor issue when running this version on a system with Nvidia Optimus technology:
    If you run the game with the integrated GPU, all colors will be messed up when leaving the game (everything is either yellor, orange, or pink). Running the game with the dedicated card works fine though. I've checked this on two different systems and the result was the same. But it might as well be an issue with the current driver.

Southquarter.com/fms
    How do I get a job where it's actually feasible that you can leave work early to go home and play video games?

If true, this will be like a renaissance for the THIEF community...

Playing Bafford's now...

It's working. I thought this patch was just a someone's joke, but it's REALLY working !

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    I havre tried the patch on dromed and it's right:

We can create some ambiant light zone:

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/2069/dump000d.png

In this screen the large room has a blue shadow, and the small a red shadow !

the last picture is not loading for me, and the first two look.. bugged. is this from dromed? //edit: ok, it loads now.

anyway, both demos work fine on my machine (can't believe nobody actually posted ingame screenshots yet):

now let's see what I have so far: both demos apparently have dynamic skies, they look like modified T2 skies (been playing with those a lot lately). also, the engine loads pngs (mentioned in the documents, and I've checked the resources, it's true). I'm seeing a lot of familiar resources integrated in (SS2 rebirth, T2 water, EP, hires space from vurt, SHTUP). looking at the resources, there are no ddfix style overrides present, everything is apparently loaded directly. this is going to make ANY texture upgrade projects a child's play.

now, if you excuse me, I have work to do (6 pack of red bull already in the freezer).

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    It's working. I thought this patch was just a someone's joke, but it's REALLY working !
    Yep...I can confirm that.

PRAISE THE BUILDER, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING...LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!!!...

DromEd Archmage
    So, as I'm used to. I'll try to blow up the software's limit to test it then, see if there are no probs.
    The only way which afraid me is: The mission made by the software work with the main game? It is the first thing that I want to know.

I'm curious to know who is this guy fallen from the sky! lol
    Just say thanks to DrK to tell you the news.

Hope that our mission will be better and better. (Thief 2 will be Thief 3 soon with theses modifications mdr)

A la bonne heure! CHAMPAGNE!

Thanks DrK!

Hey no need to thank me, I'm just a messenger, I have nothing to do with this patch. I'm surprised however, that Corbeau (Crow in english) or whoever that is, only posted on the french forum, considering it might be a major patch for the games. And no news from him since then.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    The only way which afraid me is: The mission made by the software work with the main game? It is the first thing that I want to know.
    Redleaf reported that once a mission is converted to 1.19 with dromed, it cannot switch back to 1.18. This means you have to patch your game to 1.19 to play the mission. Or maybe it was a mistake, to be confirmed.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140086 (9th post)

Southquarter.com/fms
    Already thinking like a T2 V1.19 contest here...

bikerdude
    Some of the improvements are astonishing, its going to allow much more detailed and realistic looking missions than were possible before.

One thing though, does this mean we wont need to use DDfix anymore..?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Already thinking like a T2 V1.19 contest here...
    NEED !
    That would be pretty interesting though.

Holy moly. I can't wait for missions that use the engine's new features. This is huge.

DromEd Archmage
    So, I have test it.
    Great patch. No more to say.
    The resolution is good, the game is fast. No bugs yet.
    I have looked at the dromed palette texture. U can load all family by a simple left click.
    The Act/React get some change (with some parameters) The most interesting is the WeakPoint. You can select a bodypart now, then, we could create the headshot with the AI. Good isn't it?

Faster and easier I'll noticed.
    So, if we can play it only if we get the 1.19, then, all NEO-MISSIONS must send a link to this patch. When all taffer will get this patch, thief will be better.
    Moreover, you can mix it with the Dromed Toolkit without any problem. Now my dromed is more as a golden version lol.

I'll try a last thing. Does the 1.19 can read the 1.18 mission? Let's try. I be right back.

EDIT: OK, it work with it!
    So, Halloween Contest = The last 1.18 missions
    Players can install it, they'll play to our mission without any problems .

PS: Hum... No cheating with the contest... No beautiful columns well done, and the guys who have already finished, the old unrealistic cylinder...
    But, when I think about it... Because I'm one of these guys who put a lot of objects... That will be good.

FOUND!! Overlord's ending fixed thank to the broader obj limit!
    Last edited by FireMage; 25th Sep 2012 at 16:25.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I think this might be the most important new fix:

- DromEd will no longer stop working after 03:14:07 on Tuesday, 19 January 2038

Long live Thief (and FMs)!

bikerdude
    How far graphicaly will this patch enable T2 to improve..? will it start getting close to TDM (TheDarkMod)..?

TafferPatcher??

I thought this was a joke ; but it's the real deal. It would be nice if this was integrated into the next tafferpatcher; one file; one install; handles everything.

From the screenshots and improvement list, it's likely to top TDM.

Downloaded this and took a quick look. It seems to be legit.

I haven't tried most of the new features listed in that change log yet, but I did manage to turn on full hardware rendering in the editor (after some messing around in dromed.cfg.)

It's amazing. I can see all the lighting, transparencies, TGA textures and such right there in the 3D view, without needing to go into game mode. (And game mode doesn't disable Aero any more, either.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DromEdHW.png 
Views:	1337 
Size:	300.6 KB 
ID:	1228

I also tried it in ShockEd. Not only does that work, but it now supports game_mode_backup, meaning you don't need to quit the editor every time you go into game mode. I think that was always one of the biggest hurdles holding people back from making SS2 FMs - it certainly deterred me. Maybe we'll finally see some much-missed SS2 FMs?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShockEdHW.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	1229

There also seem to be a few improvements to DromEd's interface. Some of the editor windows (links, receptrons) seem to have been reworked to make them handle better... and the Editor->Design Note property is now multi-line!

The sheer number of improvements in the changelog is staggering. It's been a while since I did any serious DromEdding, but this might just be what it takes to bring me back into the game...

This is an astounding release. I'm amazed by what has been done here. I honestly never dreamed something like this could ever happen. Thanks to whoever made this possible, however they did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_The_Thief View Post
    From the screenshots and improvement list, it's likely to top TDM.
    Gee, thanks. The 'who is best match' has begun already I see. Don't suppose it's possible that both can exist side by side and be enjoyed without picking sides? I would quite honestly prefer not to have a TDM vs. Thief 1.19 war. We don't need that nonsense.

We're all Thief Fans. Lets keep things respectful.
    Last edited by New Horizon; 25th Sep 2012 at 17:18.

Zombified
    check out the steam (new vs ddfix):

NH, I'm going to enjoy both - once I finish my school and finally have some time to play games (for real).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 18th Feb 2013 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Gee, thanks. The 'who is best match' has begun already I see. Don't suppose it's possible that both can exist side by side and be enjoyed without picking sides? I would quite honestly prefer not to have a TDM vs. Thief 1.19 war. We don't need that nonsense.
    I'm all for not having some stupid debate on what's better, but don't be too oversensitive immediately. There's been countless posts on how graphically advanced TDM looks, there's no reason to see that as an insult to Thief immediately too. I think Stan_The_Thief wanted to express how amazing this patch looks by comparing it to one of the most ambitious Thief-based projects that has been done so far. Maybe not with the best choice of words, but there's no reason to say he's helping to create a war, and doesn't show respect.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast