TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Don't suppose it's possible that both can exist side by side and be enjoyed without picking sides?
    Of course it can...and will. This landmark event is about strengthening and unifying the community, not dividing it.

Now, there's just more to love from THIEF/SS2...by bringing them up to date, the way they ought to be...

I've just played through Interference and Shipping...and Receiving. Haven't found any bugs, and everything looks great. Getting off ladders without having to jump works really well with the new crouch button fix...

Quote Originally Posted by muncadunc View Post
    This is huge.
    BIG-TIME HUGE...
    Last edited by Vae; 25th Sep 2012 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Maybe not with the best choice of words, but there's no reason to say he's helping to create a war, and doesn't show respect.
    That this release is awesome is really all that needed to be said...because it is!
    Last edited by New Horizon; 25th Sep 2012 at 17:51.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Stan_The_Thief was only responding to Biker's question (2 posts above his), so I don't think anyone was really attempting to start a pissing match. And yes, of course, both projects can co-exist, it's ridiculous to think they can't. The more thieving, the better.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    This is absolutely amazing.
    Can't wait to starting using it tonight. Schoolwork be damned.
    I only wish I hadn't started deleting huge areas of my current FM, thinking I didn't have the resources to do what I wanted to do.

Here's a torrent with all the files from the first post: Magnet

Woooooow! This is incredible! THANK YOU to whomever made this! It's running great and looks amAAAAzing! I enabled bloom lighting in cam_ext.cfg, and with 32bit color it, looks sooo good! Can't wait to see what FM authors do with the new features.

Looks like it might be time to dust off the 64' cube mission I was working on. I vote for a small mission contest with 1.19, that way we can see some of the new features in action!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Dear god, judging by NV's feedback, looks like it's the real deal
    The resurrection of the darkengine.

I edited the first post, to be a little clearer.
    Last edited by DrK; 25th Sep 2012 at 18:33.

ZylonBane
    Okay you guys, why the smeg are the forums running so slowly all of a sudd--

FFFFFFFFFFFFFU.......

jtr7
    *weeps happily*

Holy sh*t !

Maybe this is Thief 4 ?
    Or maybe they dropped it to us, so we keep patient and busy for a while....
    Anyway, this sounds bloody awesome !!!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Stan_The_Thief was only responding to Biker's question (2 posts above his), so I don't think anyone was really attempting to start a pissing match. And yes, of course, both projects can co-exist, it's ridiculous to think they can't. The more thieving, the better.
    That wasn't my intention either, I was just hoping that this new patch will allow the darkengine get some of the graphical goodness that we have had in TDM :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Indeed.

The lighting in The Watcher's pictures looks a lot smoother and all. This is really great. As soon as I'm done with my Halloween mission and my TG mission, I'm gonna try to create a huge cityscape using this.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    The lighting in The Watcher's pictures looks a lot smoother and all. This is really great. As soon as I'm done with my Halloween mission and my TG mission, I'm gonna try to create a huge cityscape using this.
    Now this coming from you is indeed truly awesome news!

Pardon my language, but Holy Mackeral!!! If this actually works, then SO MANY THINGS wrong with Thief 2 on modern systems will be rectified now.

Also, Skacky, I would love to see you do something with this. You are definitely the man for the job!

Posting in a historic thread.

Cross post from TDM:

So is there a performance increase for say... King's Story / Mission X / Lord Alan's Factory?

- Added mousewheel support to options menu
    - Fixed sound cap per schema type bug and upped max sound channels to 48
    - Added the ability to detach from ladders by crouching
    - Improved mantling a bit and added optional new mantling algorithm with lower failure rate
    - Added "Blocks frobs" property, allowing objects to block frobs of objects behind them (e.g. to stop frobbing items through safe doors)
    - Added option to left-align map notes text
    - Increased limit X from Y to Z.
    - DromEd will no longer stop working after 03:14:07 on Tuesday, 19 January 2038
    - I was sure the mousewheel worked before. Maybe it's for System Shock
    - How many sound channels was it before (looks like 16)? Sounds sick. inb4 4096 guard army
    - Nice.
    - I'm thinking this isn't going to be as good as TDM's crouching, just a little more wiggle room for positioning.
    - Nice for mappers.
    - What was it before? Center align?
    - T2 1.19, beyond limits.
    - Y2K38 problem averted.

Anyway, I can find the time to play both TDM and some T2.

And after all the initial reactions I had a few minutes ago are coming down to me downloading the Thief 2 demo. Shall I be the one to confirm that 1.19 works on wine/crossover? I guess so...

Then I'll try it out with my full version. And again, omigod, omigod...

UPDATE: With normal Wine (The free and wild self-configured one), the Thief 1 demo HD download of the updates runs w/o a hitch. Why, I'm only having one issue which is menu bar overlap still. Otherwise, the game runs great and doesn't do that too-fast thing like earlier versions did.

Oh, and the intro videos play. No crashing...

I'm gonna gif-whore one more time, out of sheer happiness:

2'nd UPDATE: EAX doesn't want to work still though. Unless this is merely a Thief 1 bug? I have no idea... (Might just be a Wine thing, because Wine does support openal, but it probably requires configuration that I was unaware of).

Also, I may add that awhile back, like around June or July, I had been talking to this guy on Freenode (#OpenMW channel, I believe) who said that he had read somewhere of someone doing an engine patchup with the leaked source. Though he was unable to find this information he had supposedly read and neither could I, so I had forgotten about it. A few minutes ago, this came back to me so I thought I might throw it out there.

Again, immense-yay and a big thanks to whomever had the courage to do this. My hats off to you... All 12.
    Last edited by Albert; 25th Sep 2012 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
    - I was sure the mousewheel worked before. Maybe it's for System Shock
    It's been a while since I Thiefed, but I remember not being able to rebind the mousewheel at all. You definitely couldn't in SS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    2'nd UPDATE: EAX doesn't want to work still though. Unless this is merely a Thief 1 bug? I have no idea... (Might just be a Wine thing, because Wine does support openal, but it probably requires configuration that I was unaware of).
    Whether EAX is available at all depends on having the right soundcard and drivers, and even if you do I've never successfully gotten stuff running in Wine to realize that. It may just be a Wine issue.

I'd test it myself, but the soundcard in my windows machine doesn't support EAX anyways.

Well it is still amazing to see the game running, otherwise. I'll read into the EAX stuff though. That'd be serious whip-cream on top of this cake of an achievement... Because I thought OpenAL was hardware-neutral? I dunno. It'll be worth looking into, for sure.

This also makes that gargantuan post I made on this thread grossly redundant now. xD

Oh yeah, and another thing is that I can confirm that Darkloader 4.3B is now made broken by this patch. At least, from the one FM I had on this linux box. Any ideas?

Awesome !
    too bad collison models for models remain in the form of cubes though

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFrog View Post
    It's been a while since I Thiefed, but I remember not being able to rebind the mousewheel at all.
    Yep, you couldn't do it before...yet, now you can (confirmed by testing)...

Whether EAX is available at all depends on having the right soundcard and drivers, and even if you do I've never successfully gotten stuff running in Wine to realize that. It may just be a Wine issue.

I'd test it myself, but the soundcard in my windows machine doesn't support EAX anyways.
    I can confirm by testing that EAX works on Win7, also with the expanded use of 48 audio channels, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I can confirm by testing that EAX works on Win7, also with the expanded use of 48 audio channels, as well...
    Well that news is very promising. I hope to soon figure out how/if Wine could possibly get OpenAL working. That, as I said, would be ICING on the CAKE.

I'm really getting to work, ATM. re-installing my copies from scratch just to get the optimal settings. It's really quite fun to do.

Also, forgive me on all this self-correction, but the new ingame support of custom resolutions w/ this patch solves the overlap issue of any linux X window system panels that are customizable. In other words, there are NO overlying elements on the screen, just pure game.

... Alrighty, One more GIF:

This is me right now.

Awesome patch! I like it! But i have two questions:

1. This patch works for Thief Gold? If yes how i enable that?
    2. My movies in game do not work? What do i do?

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Redleaf reported that once a mission is converted to 1.19 with dromed, it cannot switch back to 1.18. This means you have to patch your game to 1.19 to play the mission. Or maybe it was a mistake, to be confirmed.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140086 (9th post)
    I have not been able to make ANY fan mission map open again with DromEd 118 after being saved in DromEd 119.

Judging from the number of posts and the excitement this release seems to be generating, I doubt any fm builders who want to make missions with 119 will have to worry for long about the lack of a fan base using the new engine. And whoever posted the idea of including links to downloads for 119 in with any missions built using 119 had a good idea.

A 119 contest is also a great idea, but a small one as suggested might not allow for testing the limits of 119. Maybe a very long build time should be allowed - like until the end of summer 2013? That will give contestants a better chance to figure out how to use all these goodies and incorporate them, and also let contestants build bigger maps to see how far this envelope can be pushed.

It's not the time yet, but at some point a new DromEd Tutorial will have to be written incorporating all these changes, if this v119 turns out to be the one we'll all be using from now on. Otherwise new DromEd authors will have two learning curves to deal with at once - one when making their first mission using an old out-dated tutorial, and a second one trying to figure out the V119 changes/updated features on their own (or by wading in up to their necks through the posts about it to find useful information).

Just throwing out some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Awesome patch! I like it! But i have two questions:

1. This patch works for Thief Gold? If yes how i enable that?
    Check out doc/T1.7z - there's instructions there for getting it working in Thief 1. Looks pretty simple.

2. My movies in game do not work? What do i do?
    No idea, they worked fine for me without needing to change anything...are you sure you don't have some other patch installed for the movies, or the Underdogs re-encoded versions or something?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast