TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

Where to post problems and questions regarding DromEd 1.19?

I've installed Thief 2 with the newest tafferpatcher, (so it patched 1.07 to 1.18, then 1.18 to 1.19), and also installed the newest DromEd with sunlight fix. Thief works perfectly, but DromEd can't load any fan mission. When I load one, it freezes and quits.

Zombified
    are you aware that you have to install the old full dromed package before patching it with the new files?

This thread is quite helpful for Dromed.

voodoo47, what is the name of the first Thief FM you have a screenshot of in the link you posted? That has got to be one of the most prettiest screenshots of thief I have ever seen. It looks like a really high resolution shot.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    This thread is quite helpful for Dromed.
    Are there supposed to be new blackjack and sword in Thief 1.19?

(Because when I first installed it last week, I had them, now I reinstalled due to a Dromed issue, and the game runs correctly, but I have old bj and sword)

There are no objects in the patch. There's a new sword texture in the Enhancement Pack, but if you also had a new blackjack you might have had an FM installed.

Zombified
    they are installed by Tafferpatcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockheed872 View Post
    voodoo47, what is the name of the first Thief FM you have a screenshot of in the link you posted? That has got to be one of the most prettiest screenshots of thief I have ever seen. It looks like a really high resolution shot.
    the screenshot is from this forum, try searching the patch release topics.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    There are no objects in the patch. There's a new sword texture in the Enhancement Pack, but if you also had a new blackjack you might have had an FM installed.
    I had a sword with black hilt and a strange, thinner blackjack, even in Running Interference. Now I don't have. But I am amazed by how the light affects the drawn out sword.

Well well, lookie what I found. How neat that thief is getting press like this. Especially considering it's not even an 'official' patch.

Apparently, Viktoria just took the picture that I posted yesterday in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed872 View Post
    voodoo47, what is the name of the first Thief FM you have a screenshot of in the link you posted?
    You mean this and this? They're shots taken on the day after the patch was released, after I'd pulled my as yet unreleased, still in development mission Xavier's Library into the updated DromeEd, played about with particles a bit, and relit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Apparently, Viktoria just took the picture that I posted yesterday in this thread.
    Oh. My bad, I don't frequent the FM forum so I missed your post.

How very interesting...Thanks for the info Tanner...

Here's the September 26th PC Gamer article, for those who missed it...Thief 2 and System Shock 2 unofficial patches fix bugs and add widescreen support
    Last edited by Vae; 11th Dec 2012 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Thanks for the info Tanner.
    You're welcome but it was actually bedwine who first posted the info. I just added the image. And thanks for that article. I had missed that.

Well then, thanks to you both!

...and you're welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    You mean this and this? They're shots taken on the day after the patch was released, after I'd pulled my as yet unreleased, still in development mission Xavier's Library into the updated DromeEd, played about with particles a bit, and relit it.
    Wow, that is really incredible work, Watcher. The level design and textures look amazing so far. I can't wait until it's released!

Wow i missed this great news, i have downloaded it. Installed Thief2, i copied content of the two zip files in my thief directory. How can i see any changes when playing Thief2 and FMs?

BANNED
    You're welcome but it was actually bedwine who first posted the info. I just added the image. And thanks for that article. I had missed that.
    Thank you both... I have shared this information on the official forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by KuBiLaY17 View Post
    How can i see any changes when playing Thief2 and FMs?
    Well, first of all you don't need ddfix anymore and the game will run without needing to apply a single-core patch or anything of the sort. You should also notice that in thief 2's options menu that your resolution selection should show all of the resolutions for your monitor. (No need for widescreen patch.) The sky should look better. However, lighting will not look any different unless you are playing a newly released 1.19 FM that uses the new 32-bit lightmaps.

There's also a ton of configuration options outside of the game in cam_ext.cfg for example. Oh, and I seem to remember that you don't need indeo codec anymore I don't think, since 1.19 makes the movies playable with modern codecs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. There may be more that I'm forgetting. There is of course new stuff for dromed users, but your question wasn't about that so I won't go into detail on that.

Zombified
    plus the game should be much more stable, there should be much less rendering issues, and it should run faster (not noticeable if you have nice new machine, but on the 5+ year old pc I'm using here the difference is very apparent, as much as 2x FPS in certain areas). widescreen has already been mentioned, but this also adds ultra hi resolution support, including eyefinity.

Ah yes thanks for pointing that out voodoo47. Basically what that means is you can have hi-resolution textures in Thief 2 without having to use ddfix's texture patch and no palette limit + more formats supported. You can for example drop a .png replacement texture into obj\txt16 and it will automatically work in-game.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    1.19 makes the movies playable with modern codecs
    Uh, sort of. What NewDark does is decode videos itself (via the FFmpeg DLL), vs the old, problematic approach of relying on Windows to do it.

Well, what this means to me is a fresh install, dromed trick-out and...... a new map........ I have been out of the loop for years, whats the best (HQ) resource for textures??

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Well, first of all you don't need ddfix anymore and the game will run without needing to apply a single-core patch or anything of the sort. You should also notice that in thief 2's options menu that your resolution selection should show all of the resolutions for your monitor. (No need for widescreen patch.) The sky should look better. However, lighting will not look any different unless you are playing a newly released 1.19 FM that uses the new 32-bit lightmaps.

There's also a ton of configuration options outside of the game in cam_ext.cfg for example. Oh, and I seem to remember that you don't need indeo codec anymore I don't think, since 1.19 makes the movies playable with modern codecs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. There may be more that I'm forgetting. There is of course new stuff for dromed users, but your question wasn't about that so I won't go into detail on that.
    thanks for clearing up, yes i noticed that i have a larger choice of resolution. I will play some new decent T2 FMS, i was away playing FMs on TDM.

any good T2 fms build for the latest patch?

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast