TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

Zaratul, did you remember to dump ALL the codec files into the Thief 2 directory? That would probably be good to check out. They are in the contrib.zip file.

Perhaps it's a great idea to put a thread about this item also in the FM forum.

Done.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Well it is still amazing to see the game running, otherwise. I'll read into the EAX stuff though. That'd be serious whip-cream on top of this cake of an achievement... Because I thought OpenAL was hardware-neutral? I dunno. It'll be worth looking into, for sure.

This also makes that gargantuan post I made on this thread grossly redundant now. xD

Oh yeah, and another thing is that I can confirm that Darkloader 4.3B is now made broken by this patch. At least, from the one FM I had on this linux box. Any ideas?
    Found this in the trouble shooting guide (there's a troubleshooting guide!! I don't think any of the original LGS releases had one of those!!). Maybe it will help you with EAX?

Problem:
    EAX is not enabled/working.
    Solutions:
    * Update your audio drivers.
    * Try OpenAL. OpenAL is enabled in the Audio options menu by
    cycling through your Hardware Acceleration options, and requires
    that OpenAL is installed on your system. See release notes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem:
    Various issues with OpenAL.
    Solution:
    * Try a different OpenAL device; recommended device to try is
    "snd_oal_device Generic Software".

Thiefmissions.com

Oh yeah, and another thing is that I can confirm that Darkloader 4.3B is now made broken by this patch. At least, from the one FM I had on this linux box. Any ideas?
    The cam_mod.ini file mentions an "FM Selector"; maybe that would be a better solution?

Yes,i forgot about DDL files..i copied them and movies works,thx!

About Thief Gold...its not working.I change game to dark1 in cam.cfg and game crashes.I`m using GoG version of TG.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Found this in the trouble shooting guide (there's a troubleshooting guide!! I don't think any of the original LGS releases had one of those!!). Maybe it will help you with EAX?
    Er, I mean I'm doing this in Linux with Wine. I don't think I'd have any trouble running it w/ windows 7. It's just Wine is a different beast when it comes to audio drivers. A very annoying one.

I will segway now into my second statement, that the Thief Enhancement pack I believe may have some issues with the OMs and some objects floating above their intended location in the map. This might also be an issue w/ vanilla items, but I have no idea. Might be worth investigating.

I'm also wondering how this will impact tafferpatcher?

Also, second thing is that does anyone else experience INSANE new loading speeds for large missions? LOTP is loading like nobodies' business, here in Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Yes,i forgot about DDL files..i copied them and movies works,thx!

About Thief Gold...its not working.I change game to dark1 in cam.cfg and game crashes.I`m using GoG version of TG.
    I've been reading the docs, and found this inside a t1.7z inside new_dark.zip:

Before running the game in a Thief 1/G install you must add the config var "dark1" to the "cam.cfg" (or
    "cam_ext.cfg"). Failure to do so will lead to strange things happening and ultimately a crash.

In order for option menus to look right, the provided "interface.crf" has to be added. Either by putting
    it in a mod dir and adding it to the "mod_path" in "cam_mod.ini" or by placing it in a "patch" dir.
    also in the troubleshooting doc:

Problem:
    Game crashes at startup.
    Cause:
    Configuration error.
    Solution:
    * Make sure the pathnames in darkinst.cfg (T2) / install.cfg (SS2)
    for resname_base, movie_path, load_path, script_module_path and
    install_path point to the correct locations. Re-install if
    necessary.
    I bet a T1/G crash might have a similar solution ... I just got it working for me, both T1 and TG. At least it doesn't crash. I haven't tried playing any missions yet.

I've been reading the docs, and found this inside a t1.7z inside new_dark.zip
    Oh, well that answers Zaratuls' question I guess. Those who caught my reply can kindly ignore it's disappearance.

Now I'm going to just say that for the most part, things w/ Thief 2 are going so well in Wine, that I doubt I'll have any troubles now with TG or SS2. All we need now, however, is a FM manager update to Darkloader. Not to be rude, but let's not try and reinvent the wheel. That one FM manager I found that makes ENTIRE copies of the game files is not what I consider new-age.

I like how my mission now optimizes in under 4 minutes as opposed to the 45min it used to take. . . yesterday. It also looks much better.

Also, wtf 26 sided cylinders?! When I placed one down I just stared at it for a moment, realizing for the first time how real it all was - lol

Then for laughs I added a 1024 x 1024 texture and enjoyed how Dromed didn't even blink.

I think I'm going to build a monument for this person.

Will we see a updated Ashen Age, Slip? I mean, not a revamp but y'know, a recompile or whatever or does the lighting get rebaked by the game engine every time?

I was thinking of your FMs when I was reading this thread for the first time, Sliptip. Just imagine Ashen Age or The First Project on that beast. I'm gonna faint. Also, high res textures are high res in the TEG thread.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...61#post2143561

Thanks Skacky

Yeah I'm pretty excited about the texture bit, except now I have to re-do all my texture libraries. . . .I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend

@Albert - I just might!
    Last edited by Sliptip; 25th Sep 2012 at 22:08.

Thiefmissions.com

All we need now, however, is a FM manager update to Darkloader. Not to be rude, but let's not try and reinvent the wheel. That one FM manager I found that makes ENTIRE copies of the game files is not what I consider new-age.
    Which FM manager are you speaking of? The one that's included with the new patch, or some other one?

Interestingly enough, the source code for the built-in FM selector seems to be included in contrib_src.zip, so if it doesn't meet your needs you could alter it.

Is there a new FM manager with the patch? I did not see it...

No, I'm talking about that Thief Fan Mission Manager, whatever...

It looked promising, and has nice features, but 1GB taken up for a 20MB mission just to make second copies of resources? Nooooo thanks, I'm good w/ Darkloader. If it works, don't try to fix it.

Now I gotta know; does this FM selector thing work ATM or is it simply released as SRC? Very, very exciting to know.

Thiefmissions.com

Maybe read my earlier reply where I directed you to the config file where it's mentioned?

Ehh my TG is not working...and yes i read readme in T1.7z.Please someone tell me what to do? Idiotproof solution needed!

I can't seem to get sunlight to render object shadows. When I place a sewer lamp next to the same objects they cast shadows just fine. It only seems to be with the sunlight. Anyone else have that problem?

ZylonBane
    Found this in the trouble shooting guide (there's a troubleshooting guide!! I don't think any of the original LGS releases had one of those!!).
    Thanks for pointing this out! I'd been getting good, but slightly uneven frame rates in the new engine. Tried the solution in the troubleshooting doc for this issue of going into cam_ext.cfg and changing "d3d_disp_limit_gpu_frames" to "1 1", and now it runs absolutely buttery smooth.

Ehh my TG is not working...and yes i read readme in T1.7z.Please someone tell me what to do? Idiotproof solution needed!
    I made these changes to the cam_ext.cfg that came with the patch. I just added them to the bottom. ((Both Generic Hardware and Generic Software seem to work fine on my rig, I just guessed that hardware would be faster than software and that seems to work))

; * * * * * Added for 1.19 T1/G * * * * *
    ; Before running the game in a Thief 1/G install you must add the config var "dark1"
    dark1

; * * * * * Added for 1.19 EAX * * * * *
    snd_oal_device Generic Hardware
    Oh! I almost forgot: I also went into my install.cfg and (since I created new directories for testing this out, to keep from corrupting my working T1/G/2 directories) I edited all the directory references to point at the new 119 directories. For my new T1G install.cfg this meant:

cd_path F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119
    install_path F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119
    language english
    resname_base F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119+F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119\intrface
    load_path F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119+F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119
    script_module_path F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119+F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119
    movie_path F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119\movies+F:\Program Files (x86)\Thief1G_119\movies
    Last edited by LarryG; 25th Sep 2012 at 22:58. Reason: t1 => t1g for example

Does surround sound work for anybody using OpenAL? I'm using HDMI out via the ATI on-board hi-def sound controller, and when I switch the demo to OpenAL + EAX it's only stereo (it's mono in no acceleration or regular hardware acceleration modes). Tried speaker settings in both quadrophonic and 7.1 and no difference. And it's using Generic Software Device already.

Otherwise everything worked great, and since it uses a D3D9 renderer now I was even able to turn on stereo 3D, which looked pretty sweet.

[edit]Okay, surround works with OpenAL and my X-fi. I guess it just doesn't like the AMD HDMI Output. Lame. Will have to get an optical cable and run that to the receiver.
    Last edited by Fafhrd; 25th Sep 2012 at 22:32.

LarryG, I dunno if your advice is the reason it works now but...

OpenAL and EAX now work!

Excuse me fellas, but my head exploded all over again. xD

Lots of wonderful things here! Even the OM's look better with the lighting, and I love being able to get off a ladder without jumping. But the little thing I noticed that I really appreciate is when buying items in the store there isn't the slight lag from clicking on the item and the purchase sound. I know that sounds odd, but it always bugged me.

Also, it might be time for me to finally learn to use DromEd.

@LarryG
    Thanks for help but game doesn`t work.It runs fine if i have "game dark" command.When i change to "game dark1" TG crashes.

I edited cam.cfg:

; hey, which game is this
    game dark1

I am doing somethong wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
    So is there a performance increase for say... King's Story
    NOW I have to try it! (I beta tested KS, so I know how badly it slowed down most systems.

Time to reinstall Thief.

@LarryG
    Thanks for help but game doesn`t work.It runs fine if i have "game dark" command.When i change to "game dark1" TG crashes.

I edited cam.cfg:

game dark1

I am doing somethong wrong?
    Yes, you are. As mentioned in the documentation, and reiterated by LarryG, it's not "game dark1". It's just "dark1".

So your cam.cfg will still contain:

Code:
    game dark
    And then somewhere cam_ext.cfg will contain:

Code:
    ; enable Thief 1 compatibility
    dark1

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast