TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: NewDark - Thief 2 V1.19 & System Shock 2 V2.4

Hold a moment, has anyone solved how to get FMs to install? I still dunno if that's feasible or not?

Darkloader 4.3B was crashing. It didn't recognize Thief 2 1.19 from the FM I tried.

Alrighty, I read the stuff some more and I see what all the fuss is. This FM loader is pretty nifty, but I won't lie when I say it is slightly confusing how I'm supposed to use it.

I might figure it out eventually, but if someone else has it down, please share with us the basics.
    Last edited by Albert; 25th Sep 2012 at 23:28.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Albert, look in your new \doc folder, there's a PDF in there that looks like an instruction manual for a built-in FM loader. I haven't tried that yet, or Darkloader, I only just now got T2 working and managed to play through Interference for a few minutes. Now that's working, I'm going to try out the new editor.

Edit: Looks like you found that doc. As folks figure out how to use it, I'm sure they'll help out.

Thiefmissions.com

So, I installed a fresh copy of T2 using the GOG installer. Then I installed the new dark engine stuff by unzipping new_dark.zip and contrib.zip over the fresh copy I just installed. Then I ran darkloader, told it where to find the install I just made, asked it to install an FM (Disorientation, as it happens) and hit Play. Everything ran just fine.

So, yes, darkloader appears to work just fine with the new engine.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Well that's a relief! Albert, maybe you need to start with a fresh installation of Darkloader and point it to your new install folder? or a clean T2 install from the start if you didn't before.

I can confirm that Darkloader 4.3 works. Just installed Mission X and oh does it look sweet. And it runs smoother than ever!
    It even removed the rainbow lines with antialiasing that always bugged me.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Just ran the Thief demo and everything looks very clean, especially the lighting; less harsh and better defined, especially in Baffy's sewerway. And the missions also make use of Jermi's (I think) wonderful skies for T2. I took a trip to Bafford's rooftops to admire the view.

I downloaded updated demo of Thief 1...and it works.I noticed that demo has the same Thief 2 exe...i`m trying to run TG with old exe...that is what i`m doing wrong?
    Thief 2.exe has to be renamed if its going to work with TG?

Oh, well lol Zaratul, that MIGHT be your problem. xD

I dunno, but that's what I'm thinking.

I will take your word on that, guys. I'll install 4.3 and try it out w/ T2.

@Albert
    But i tried new Thief2.exe..after that i renamed to thief.exe...both not worked.Grrr i want to play TG so badly with this patch.
    Albert what do you do with exe file? You renamed file or something?

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I can confirm that Darkloader 4.3 works.
    I can as well, after loading several FM's...I also did a clean install of both T2 and Darkloader before applying the 1.19 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Just ran the Thief demo and everything looks very clean, especially the lighting; less harsh and better defined, especially in Baffy's sewerway. And the missions also make use of Jermi's (I think) wonderful skies for T2. I took a trip to Bafford's rooftops to admire the view.
    That was my experience. The lighting is definitely superior, providing a soft, clear, cohesive definition...offering a subtle, beautiful enhancement of The World...
    Last edited by Vae; 26th Sep 2012 at 00:19.

It works! I copied cam.cfg of Thief demo to TG folder and game is working! Time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    It works! I copied cam.cfg of Thief demo to TG folder and game is working! Time to play.
    Oh kewl. Good thing you figured that out. So I guess we have all 3 games running now, with no hitches documented yet besides the nitpicking on the item shop sound lag... Who was that again?

Where's the SS2 love, BTW? That thread is barren, just about.

Southquarter.com/fms
    DrK, a few more mirrors to add to the first post:

SS2 V2.4
    Thief Demo
    SS2 Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Oh kewl. Good thing you figured that out. So I guess we have all 3 games running now, with no hitches documented yet besides the nitpicking on the item shop sound lag... Who was that again?

Where's the SS2 love, BTW? That thread is barren, just about.
    I think he actually said the sound lag is now gone (it used to happen in the original version). So another improvement!

Upon playing Mission X for a little while I have noticed a few hickups.
    1) Some objects turn invisible or are missing parts of textures in the inventory. One of the loot bracelets was invisible when hanging inside a locker, and continued to be invisible in the inventory. Similarly, the compass is missing parts in the inventory.
    2) The biggest and most reliable bug however was the light gem. If bright red, sometimes the entire gem would turn black. The indicator to the right was still red, but the rest of the gem was pitch black. This has happened in multiple areas and seems to occur more often if crouching. Has anyone else seen this?
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Uhm, that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by blaydes99 View Post
    I think he actually said the sound lag is now gone (it used to happen in the original version). So another improvement!
    Yes, it is fixed now. Definate improvement for some of us.

1.19 notes:
    I'm having issues with the videos not playing. Might be my system.

For me Darkloader worked fine.

I decided to try Zontik's King's Story FM since it made modern systems run like a dog and Holy Joe Pesci!

Steam Overlay Support!

Shit this thing runs buttery smooth!
    Screenshots of normally sluggish areas.

Mission 2:
    WOW. After a restart of Thief 2, I'm getting a straight run of 60 fps!!!

The whole Can Can cutscene never dropped below 35 fps which for me is brilliant.
    With fraps running however it goes to 24.

Here is the gallery of screenshots I've made.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ae36u...e36u71ldnq759m

Yeah, Kings' Story runs damn fine now. Even in Wine on Linux, which BTW is a real boon now if all y'all wanna jump over; nows the chance...

And Crossover is still good. There's the mac version which ran Thief pretty well from what I remember. With this, however, it'll be like you simply downloaded a mac version of Thief.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    My Olde Castle in 1.19:
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/screens/toc/Castle3k.png

Managed to break the 3k poly barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    My Olde Castle in 1.19:
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/screens/toc/Castle3k.png

Managed to break the 3k poly barrier.

I have a bit of a question though. Anyone tried out T2X yet? It'll probably work, but I wasn't sure. I'm gonna try it myself here, though.
    Last edited by Albert; 26th Sep 2012 at 01:33.

Awesome, although I should really get on to WineHQ and post my results for Thief 2. As well as SS2, which I've been too lazy to get around to installing.

My contribution to Thief gaming on Linux is important only because nobody else has claimed the right to do so.

UPDATE: I've had a bit of an install snag with T2X. But SS2 installed fine and works great w/ the patch.
    Last edited by Albert; 26th Sep 2012 at 02:30.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I posted this in the editor guild, but thought I'd put it here too, just because I can. It's a little something I managed to put together tonight, using high-quality textures. I don't have any of the new lighting effects on it yet though.

Hmm, interesting... I can't tell what I'm seeing, but it looks pretty impressive. Whatever it is.

This has been an exciting day. Truly one to remember.

10 Seconds Later: Oh, it's looking up at the ceiling of a large dome-like room. Sweet.

Oh, and I rectified the issue w/ Thief 2X install, and it still won't run. :\
    Last edited by Albert; 26th Sep 2012 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Upon playing Mission X for a little while I have noticed a few hickups.
    1) Some objects turn invisible or are missing parts of textures in the inventory. One of the loot bracelets was invisible when hanging inside a locker, and continued to be invisible in the inventory. Similarly, the compass is missing parts in the inventory.
    2) The biggest and most reliable bug however was the light gem. If bright red, sometimes the entire gem would turn black. The indicator to the right was still red, but the rest of the gem was pitch black. This has happened in multiple areas and seems to occur more often if crouching. Has anyone else seen this?
    I thought I remembered something from the troubleshooting doc about invisible object textures ... yep! Do you have an ATI/AMD video card?

Problem:
    Some object textures are invisible (on some ATI/AMD video cards).
    Cause:
    Adaptive multi-sample anti-aliasing.
    Solutions:
    * Go into Catalyst Control Center and set "Anti-Aliasing Mode" to
    any setting that is NOT "Adaptive Multi-sample AA".
    * Disable multi-sampling ("multisampletype").

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast