TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: System Shock 2.4 and Thief 2 1.19

Zombified
    try sharing the save, I'll try to go through the problematic spot, save right after it, and share the save again.

Save right in front of the maintenance bot with very low HP!

Quote Originally Posted by marek View Post
    Helo Everybody.
    I playin system shock 2 many times and my opinion its greatest game in the world (and quake 1 )
    I have one problem : level hydroponics, sector A, both door to this sector wont open and on the map i dont see rest of the level...
    I have 3 mods : SHTUP beta 6,DFB's sound upgradev3b, Anomalies,discrepancies and outright bugs beta 0.2.7.
    Any solutions?
    Thanx for any advice
    ...and screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/pEGmF.jpg
    Hi. I registered here just to help you (and everybody with this problem). I have just played SS2 and had the same problem. What worked for me:
    Go to left doors, equip wrench and run into the door. While doing that I jumped and hit the doors with wrench a few times (I was angry because of glitch) and doors opened... (probably detection bug)

I'm wondering if this patch will work with the System Shock 2 version from GOG.com to be released 15 hours from now.

Can anyone attest to whether it works on the GOG.com Thief games?

Zombified
    yes, it works for both thief games, and for SS2 as well, see Tafferpatcher, TFix and SS2tool respectively. there is a 99% chance that SS2tool will work out of the box for the gog release of SS2, if not, I'm pretty sure a compatible version will be released within hours.

Apparently the GoG version is already at 2.4. So either Night Dive were the secret benefactors who created the patch, or they decided to say 'fuck it' and risk the legal consequences of releasing it through GoG with the patch already applied.

I've searched for this and have found basically no info on it.

The changelist in the ttlg thread contains the following line:
    - Added "Blocks frobs" property, allowing objects to block frobs of objects behind them (e.g. to stop frobbing items through safe doors)
    In SHOCK\doc\new_config_vars.txt , there is an entry regarding that as follows:

frob_mode <0 - 2>
    I believe this feature is preventing me from using a particular speed running strategy, in which certain things are frobbed through a wall immediately after quickloading.
    The entry continues:
    frob line of sight mode, default is 0. This allows enabling of a more strict obstruction check for a potential
    frob target, to prevent frobbing through walls scenarios. That does however mean that sometimes objects which
    are only partially visible won't be frobbable, like an object on a shelf (made of terrain polys) above head
    height, unless you jump or climb onto something, or an object around a corner that's only partially visible.
    Use at your own risk, it could potentially break missions that placed "hidden" frobbable objects in such way
    that the player can never see more than a small fraction.
    Modes: 0 = standard (only objects marked as blocking will obstruct)
    1 = all terrain and objects marked as blocking will obstruct
    2 = (Shock only) like mode 1 but prevents HUD brackets/info to appear on obstructed objects, unlike
    mode 1 where the brackets/info will appear the same way as they do in mode 0, even if the object
    can't actually be interacted with. For Shock this mode is recommended over 1 because it's less
    confusing. (In Thief this mode is the same as 1.)
    I'm not sure exactly what the wording here means. Does it mean that when set to 0, things work exactly as in the original game? Or that there is still a slight difference? Because even when set to 0 (when entered into cam_ext.cfg in the SHOCK folder), I experience a slight difference from what I used to, and from what I've observed in other players' cases. Does anyone know how to disable this feature entirely? It's necessary for speed running, but I don't want to give up all the other benefits of NewDark if I don't have to.

It's been ages, years probably, since I last posted on the boards, but I have to give a major kudos to the author of these patches.

Not only did it let me reinstall Thief 1, 2 and System Shock 2 again, but gave me the motivation to work on my 3D modeling again. A while back, I was remaking Thief 1 and 2's as well as System Shock 2 models (not NPC or creature meshes, just objects.. I suck at characters, lol), and gave up when Windows formated the wrong drive and deleted most my work, including a butt-load of Sonic the Hedgehog models, lol =/

Anyway, I reinstalled 3DSM and plan on giving it a try again, starting with SS2, since I still have most of my previous work. If I do make any progress, I'll post a release on the boards.

Zombified
    you should probably check Engineering then.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    you should probably check Engineering then.
    Ah, thank you. I had that bookmarked, but forgot all about it

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    and gave up when Windows formated the wrong drive and deleted most my work, including a butt-load of Sonic the Hedgehog models, lol =/
    Any particular reason why you didn't just unformat / recover the drive, if it wasn't actually defective?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Any particular reason why you didn't just unformat / recover the drive, if it wasn't actually defective?
    Most of the data was gone. I recovered a few music files and random images, sadly stuff I had backed up and didn't care about. But everything that hadn't yet been backed up, was not recoverable

According to posts in the Thief forum, there's a new version of Thief/Thief 2 and SS2 by Le Corbeau:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141132

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    According to posts in the Thief forum, there's a new version of Thief/Thief 2 and SS2 by Le Corbeau:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141132
    Hey icemann, did we ever finish that second Ancient map or did you finish it by yourself? :P looks like a good time to get back into making FMs....

Nah I didn't. From time to time I add onto that other FM I had been working on back then (Alone).

With the majority of my attention on my remake of the NES game "Dragon's Lair" and the rest going into gaming, I've not put much time into SS2 level stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Nah I didn't. From time to time I add onto that other FM I had been working on back then (Alone).

With the majority of my attention on my remake of the NES game "Dragon's Lair" and the rest going into gaming, I've not put much time into SS2 level stuff these days.
    I just started working on a new lab level again. I'm so pissed my old one is gone -_- but its good practice, plus I've got a lot of new design ideas. I've got voice actors from a few other projects so I'm thinking of doing one full on FM and then calling it quits with Shock.

Ah man, couldn't you reconsider this decision?
    There are so many Thief FMs but almost no System Shock 2 FMs (15 at most).

Zombified
    exactly 10 if you count only the finished ones, and even less than that if you want "full, story driven" ones.

The Minstrel (by The Pixie)
    Christine FM1 Ponterbee Station
    Christine FM2: UNN Nightwalker
    SS2 Blaydes99 RttUNN
    Christine FM3: UNN Polaris
    Christine FM4: Urlaub
    Christine Shocking Ruins
    Zygo Arena
    icemann Ancient 1.3
    Doc4 Arboretum

Quote Originally Posted by unn_atropos View Post
    Ah man, couldn't you reconsider this decision?
    There are so many Thief FMs but almost no System Shock 2 FMs (15 at most).
    Shock just offers so little to what I want... Rag doll physics? Decent NPCs? Unpredictable enemies? Don't get me wrong, the architecture looks pretty good, and I like the SHTUP etc, but some things look god awful and out of place ->

Dead man chilling Indian style.............dafaq?

Looks even worse with rebirth models... There has to be some way to get rag doll physics into Shock?

Zombified
    yyeah, positioning dead guys properly so they wouldn't look like crap is a bit of a pita, trust me, I know - had to reposition most of the corpses in the original game when working on SCP.

yyeah, positioning dead guys properly so they wouldn't look like crap is a bit of a pita, trust me, I know - had to reposition most of the corpses in the original game when working on SCP.
    How do you position them? Just pick a pose and work with the rotations? Or is there a way to pose these bastards in a bit more realistic way?

Zombified
    well, you just select the obj, and work on heading/pitch/bank/z coordinate until the dead guy is seated properly. might not work with complicated geometry, but should look decent in most cases with just a bit of work.

as for the ragdolls, not without some Raven magic.

well, you just select the obj, and work on heading/pitch/bank/z coordinate until the dead guy is seated properly. might not work with complicated geometry, but should look decent in most cases with just a bit of work.

as for the ragdolls, not without some Raven magic.
    lol Raven? Are we being sarcastic or is this somebody who could accomplish this?

And yeah, I've been adjusting corpses like that since the beginning, I just hate doing it...

Zombified
    nope - you know, the mystery guy, named after a big black bird, talks in french riddles, drops a dark patch every once in a while like a wheel of cheese from a tree.

nope - you know, the mystery guy, named after a big black bird, talks in french riddles, drops a dark patch every once in a while like a wheel of cheese from a tree.
    Ah...