TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91419242934394449545556575859
Results 1,451 to 1,474 of 1474

Thread: Canon texture packs?

Those textures are in my folder of textures to sort out, though I don't remember why I didn't put them in yet.
    I think they looked a bit different from the originals at first glance, so I wanted to check out how they compared in-game?

Night of the Living Thread!
    Sorry, serious necromancy here and nothing new to offer, yet.
    Lest we forget:
    Thief Enhancement Pack-Terrain Progress
    Quite a few textures there need sorting. Any new members with an artistic bent, willing to contribute..contribute..contribute? Sorry, slight echo.

Spot on, Chris.

I have made some textures for Garrett's hands and body using the original textures from Thief Gold. They are closer to the originals and they look quite good in-game. Use and modify then however you want:

http://imgur.com/oA9c4FE
    http://imgur.com/7ZgDCtU
    http://imgur.com/iJeTkGn
    http://imgur.com/zinO7NY

(Sorry if the images don't appear for you, I'm such a noob )

This thread is more concerned with terrain textures rather than AI textures, having said that, I do like your work KR.
    Have you considered starting your own thread to showcase your artwork?
    I've produced a few skins myself over the years, but they do have their own particular style that isn't always to the community's liking.
    I do tend to indulge my own flights of fancy when it comes to AI skins, some of which have not really hit the mark.
    I'm sure there are authors who would love to use your work in their FMs. Your textures have a real affinity to the original AI skins.
    Variety is the spice of the TTLG community!
    Last edited by Purgator; 16th Sep 2016 at 19:10. Reason: There is a happy place where only children live.. you've had your chance.. but now the doors are closed, Sir.

Spot on, Chris.

Well, even tough this project is probably dead, here is my take on opera/ceil1, I made it based on the existing ceilpain/pceil07. Its my first terrain texture ever, and I'm almost sure it's misaligned and doesn't fit in-game. Maybe you guys can improve it.

http://imgur.com/a/pmziy

Just made my version of opera/mold4, this time based on vicm01/vic20 and vicm01/vic42. Even tough the top part is not exactly like the original, this texture is properly aligned and the diferences are barely noticeable. I just noticd the textures in vicm0XX families are oddly similar to opera, maybe they are from the same source.

http://imgur.com/a/Rih1L

For ceil1, I'd suggest making the white papery part slightly faded and yellowed, to closer match the off-white colour of the original. Looks good otherwise, though!

I'm not sure about the mold4, it looks very different when morphed:

(Comparison)

This year, I have resolved to once again delve deep into the historic origins of Thief's texture families. Huzzah.
    bafford/b18.gif

I have found the actual source for this texture, after some long research!

Abbey Church of Sainte Foy, Conques, France.

The abbey in all it's glory.

I will endeavour to complete this texture myself, but it is open to one and all to attempt.
    Online Hi Res sources are numerous, however, not all possess the same perspective as the original.

A Hi Res(ish) example.
    Edit: Quite a number of my previous posts have lost their accompanying images. I will try to rectify this in the coming months.
    Edit 2: Posted this after polishing off the last of the Xmas sherry..and it shows! This is the written equivalent of trying to walk a straight line when one is the worst for wear with booze. Endeavour..I mean, who even says that anymore...
    Last edited by Purgator; 15th Jul 2017 at 17:04.

Spot on, Chris.

Classical Master 2008
    Purgator: Quite the detective work!

Yes, excellent work! Looking forward to seeing the results.

Thanks Melan, Tannar!
    Can I just say I have fallen completely in love with Conques, it is an absolute jewel of a village.
    This is the website with the source pic for b18.gif. There are some other texture sources in there too, worth a look.
    Last edited by Purgator; 20th Jan 2017 at 16:55.

Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    This year, I have resolved to once again delve deep into the historic origins of Thief's texture families. Huzzah.
    bafford/b18.gif

I have found the actual source for this texture, after some long research!

Abbey Church of Sainte Foy, Conques, France.

The abbey in all it's glory.

I will endeavour to complete this texture myself, but it is open to one and all to attempt.
    Online Hi Res sources are numerous, however, not all possess the same perspective as the original.

A Hi Res(ish) example.
    Edit: Quite a number of my previous posts have lost their accompanying images. I will try to rectify this in the coming months.
    Edit 2: Posted this after polishing off the last of the Xmas sherry..and it shows! This is the written equivalent of trying to walk a straight line when one is the worst for wear with booze. Endeavour..I mean, who even says that anymore...
    I've found this version here:

(2490 x 2490 pixel)

Great work, Purg!...

Nice find, Gecko!

Thanks!
    As I said, there are countless images of the lantern tower ceiling to be found. The photographer Manuel Cohen has some beautiful studies of St Foy.
    Here is another image, please note this is not a finished texture just an example of the ceiling for reference.

This texture appears in Bafford's bath house.
    Last edited by Purgator; 15th Jul 2017 at 16:58.

Spot on, Chris.

It's been a long time since I looked at this.
    Have there been any more high-definition texture or object replacements that fit the original game's style in the intervening years?

Do I need to do a re-gathering and packaging of resources?

Sorry for being overly picky [and, uhh, taking two years to reply]:

Zappen:

newkeep/nkwall03a - I like it

keeper/nkwall06 and keeper/nkwall07 - nice, but the shape looks different?

newkeep/nkwall11a - nice, but seems to be a little offset from the original

concastle/cobble - the pattern seems quite different, and the blocks are a little too regular

core_2/mosiac1 - the layout of the tiles is quite different, the original is 1-4-2, the new one is 2-4-2

rescore/firepl01 - looks a bit too clear and angular, compared to the original

rescore/firepl02 - the Mechanist panels are out of place in a Ramirez fireplace

rescore/oven1 - hard to tell, I'd have to see it in-game. The colour seem slightly off

rescore/oven2 - the colour seem slightly off, and the bands are offset a little

temple/chroof - this looks really nice, but also quite different. I'd have to see it in-game to see how different in looks in actual usage.

lostcty/rof01 - same as above. It looks really nice, but might be too different, would have to see in-game comparisons

temple/talisman - the sizes of the symbols seems vastly different?

lostcty/lc07 - These kinds of textures were the bane of my existence in the EP days. It's impossible to make something that exactly matches the original, but I can't tell how different it looks without in-game comparison shots

ruined/rwind07 - this looks quite different to (and much less damaged than) the original

city/win4 - nice

Necrobob:
    bafford/b04 - torn on this one, I like it but the pattern looks a little too different (mostly because it's much less dense)
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 17th Nov 2017 at 20:42.

A thing that bothers me about the current EP is that a lot of the object replacements, especially the ones from the earliest days of the EP, look significantly different than the original models.

So, I've been looking into retouching some of those models and textures to have less excessive and inauthentic detail and to look more like the originals again:

(Adjusted: the four vases, and the textures on the banners so that their colours and dirtiness closer match the originals.)
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 25th Nov 2017 at 21:03.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's a big improvement, I say!

One thing I'd really like to see with a new EP is models having the exact same dimensions as their original counterparts (or at least very close). For The Black Parade we create our missions with vanilla resources and while testing missions people with the EP installed very often report plates and other objects sunk into furniture or solids because their EP models have different dimensions. The biggest offender we've had so far is the iron hammer statue, with a significant difference between vanilla and EP. See for yourself:

Without EP:

With EP:

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I agree. The unrolled scroll was constantly biting me on this (being sunk into a desk top) during DCE. I finally went around and just set Location, Rotation on all of them to avoid it.

I agree too! (About the better models and textures and getting the dimensions right)

I think I managed to fix the unrolled scroll, but it was very stubborn and didn't want to be fixed. I eventually had to give the bottom part of the scroll some thickness (the top and bottom face floating slightly apart) to get it to behave.
    If there are any others that need fixing, I'll need a list of the offending objects.

Squarified Hammer icon:

Great work NV! I'm glad there's still life in this old thread.

fam\civicbui\colwal1a.gif

fam\civicbui\colwal1a.PNG
    terrain_scale 128 256

https://s26.postimg.org/oek6461e1/colwal1a.png
    The centre decorative detail is different from the original.

(Source:Brut Wien, Künstlerhaus, Vienna)
    https://s26.postimg.org/qcvffwj9l/colwal01.jpg

fam\civicbui\colwal01.gif

fam\civicbui\colwal01.PNG
    terrain_scale 128 256
    Last edited by Purgator; 4th Dec 2017 at 17:19.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91419242934394449545556575859