TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Results 276 to 296 of 296

Thread: Grunt Texture Pack ( NewDark )

  1. #276
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland


    Who.zip
    What could it be? Who can it be?
    You will never be lonely ever, ever again!
    Mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha!

    It's a Dewdrop Health Shield folks!
    Last edited by Purgator; 13th Apr 2018 at 20:51.

    Spot on, Chris.

  2. #277
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Dewdrop!...

    Also, imgur.com is a good free image hosting site.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    It's a Dewdrop Health Shield folks!
    downwinder will love you forever!
    Last edited by Vae; 16th Jul 2017 at 19:40.

  3. #278
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    that doesn't sound like something you'd want, if you ask me.

  4. #279
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    I didn't.

    Spot on, Chris.

  5. #280
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2012
    Location: Gčrmany
    Can someone please post an alternative link to Sensut's 2nd Demo?
    The Mirrors on Darkfate http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...ns/demo/sensut are not working for me.

    Thanks in advance.

  6. #281
    Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    The download links are working (using FF ESR, with noscript, umatrix, ublock, disconnect, whatnot). I could upload it somewhere.
    Get the demos here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sk30xy...Skin_demos.zip
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 18th Dec 2017 at 15:13.

  7. #282
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    It's been too long without a Purgator treat...

  8. #283
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland


    An homage to a great game and spiritual successor to Thief.
    This isn't the complete pack I had planned for Thief 2, but I thought I would release what I had so far (Cheers Vae ).
    There are no female nobles as yet, nothing sinister mind you, I am working on them.
    There are 25 skins/models in total. 5 skins are based on Thief 2014, as suggested by Squadarofl (Cheers Squada ).
    Have a look, if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment here or drop me a PM.

    -Purgator


    DishSkins

    Edit: Skins are in 1024x1024 format. I can release a 512x512 if needed, just let me know.

  9. #284
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: ���&#5671
    Really great! I love it!
    I hope you'll do more THI4F related AIs in the future, I'll try to scan the artbook when I'll have a scanning machine

    I began uploading your work on the Repository (http://spirited-tech.com/thief/), I've put the copyright files in the description but maybe you'll prefer if I put them in the files instead.

  10. #285
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Purg, you are the greatest!...I knew you'd come through!...

  11. #286
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: WearyTaffer
    Purgator, I just want to say I LOVE your work! However as for making textures based on other games-you might want to be careful. I'd hate to see you get attacked by the self appointed mods like I did in this thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147978

  12. #287
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Thank you Colin for your amazing Ai Skins!

  13. #288
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: ���&#5671
    Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief View Post
    Purgator, I just want to say I LOVE your work! However as for making textures based on other games-you might want to be careful. I'd hate to see you get attacked by the self appointed mods like I did in this thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147978
    Imagine you're so salty over something that not only you'd bump an old thread no one have posted on for decade but you also begin to soil other threads with your tears.

  14. #289
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief View Post
    Purgator, I just want to say I LOVE your work! However as for making textures based on other games-you might want to be careful. I'd hate to see you get attacked by the self appointed mods like I did in this thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147978
    As far as I know, Purgator isn't directly taking Arkane Studios' work to use it himself. He's doing his own stuff inspired by it, which is different and totally legal.

    Really cool skins btw!

  15. #290
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: WearyTaffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Imagine you're so salty over something that not only you'd bump an old thread no one have posted on for decade but you also begin to soil other threads with your tears.
    There's nothing funny about this-I've worked too hard over the years to tolerate being trashed by a bunch of idiots. The self appointed mods we have around here really need to be shown the door.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    As far as I know, Purgator isn't directly taking Arkane Studios' work to use it himself. He's doing his own stuff inspired by it, which is different and totally legal.
    You would think it's ok, but once the Copyright Commandos decide to find fault-they'll twist even the most benevolent intentions into something sinister. I like Purgator and don't want to see him get burned.

  16. #291
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Portland, OR
    Copywrite isn't really about your opinion nor any mod's, it's the rules of ttlg before you even knew this place existed. And for good reason, the law favors copyright claims, no matter how egregious. I don't want to see a place like this, a beacon of light for one of my most favorite games ever, be extinguished because of the narcissistic opinions of users who think everything should be free and rules here don't matter. They do, and it shows how little you understand about copyright, which add insult to injury. As far as mods go, they have been so hands-off that it's been more relaxing than any other forum. But this issue can threaten the existence of the forum itself, so it's absolutely reasonable for this rule to be enforced. Speaking of, warnings were issued, and your acting like you got your wrist bent backward.

  17. #292
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: WearyTaffer
    Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Copywrite isn't really about your opinion nor any mod's, it's the rules of ttlg before you even knew this place existed. And for good reason, the law favors copyright claims, no matter how egregious. I don't want to see a place like this, a beacon of light for one of my most favorite games ever, be extinguished because of the narcissistic opinions of users who think everything should be free and rules here don't matter. They do, and it shows how little you understand about copyright, which add insult to injury. As far as mods go, they have been so hands-off that it's been more relaxing than any other forum. But this issue can threaten the existence of the forum itself, so it's absolutely reasonable for this rule to be enforced. Speaking of, warnings were issued, and your acting like you got your wrist bent backward.
    I never said it was a matter of opinion, nor do I believe that "everything should be free and rules here don't matter". The problem I have is with the community going after people like a lynch mob. As I said before I have no problem with mods saying something isn't kosher, if there is a issue I'll take it down, no problem-but I do object to being insulted and threatened by other members and I won't stand for it.
    Last edited by Independent Thief; 19th Aug 2018 at 17:20.

  18. #293
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    The community going after people like a lynch mob ? Being insulted and threatened by other members ? What the hell are you talking about ?

    TTLG is one of the most friendly community I know of. You posted something a year ago, it violated the rules or not (don't know don't care), it sparked an interesting discussion afterward, that's it. A year later, you still hold a grudge about what happened for some reason, even though you weren't banned for it and I don't see anything like insults or a lynch mob going after you.

    And Purgator didn't ask for such a derail either...

  19. #294
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: WearyTaffer
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The community going after people like a lynch mob ? Being insulted and threatened by other members ? What the hell are you talking about ?

    TTLG is one of the most friendly community I know of. You posted something a year ago, it violated the rules or not (don't know don't care), it sparked an interesting discussion afterward, that's it. A year later, you still hold a grudge about what happened for some reason, even though you weren't banned for it and I don't see anything like insults or a lynch mob going after you.

    And Purgator didn't ask for such a derail either...
    I admit 'lynch mob' was a little extreme on my part-but if you read the discussion a couple of people were rather nasty in their responses. I'm not trying to derail anything here-I just wanted Purgator to be careful. I won't waste any more time with this, all I'm getting now is the 'we're never wrong' response.

  20. #295
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Portland, OR
    I think you're just hurting. If I were you I would want to have be appreciated for the work I did, and maybe that's why the thread hurt so bad. It was a light warning, but maybe it carried more weight. Maybe it wasn't even about the copyright stuff. I think you know that but couldn't say it? Forgive me for being mushy but you are talented. And what you made was still cool. We're not all out get you. You will have to manage with the rules and stick with it. Keep making cool stuff. I hope you feel better and you can PM me if you want to blow off steam.

  21. #296
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    Indy, I have closed the old Egyptian Textures thread per your request. I'm sorry you're still feeling the sting of that experience, and I think in the end it was determined thanks to the link NV posted that your texture pack was in fact not a copyright violation, for what it's worth. However I hope you can learn not to be so defensive about criticisms like the ones raised in that thread, as for the most part people were trying to be constructive and helpful, and I certainly didn't see anyone being "nasty" or a "lynch mob" as you suggested here.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •